Options

Post the last text in your phone

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    cdysinge said:

this today.. Last night it would have been the text from my brother in Ca. All he sent was 'Fuck you, Tree' .

I can't post texts from by brother. I would get banned as most have something to do with him telling me to go cram something up my ass. Of course I introduce him as my gay best friend to piss him off when he meets people through me. Neither he nor I are homosexual nor homophobic and both married with kids so I don't know where all it comes from. My Mom must have screwed up with us somewhere along the way.

My last text was from my Mom last night and was Please help. She had computer issues.

Our family is like that too.. Every so often we just send each other really screwed up Texts and pics to Each other.. It's our kind of twisted way of saying we love each other...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    BBQ Saturday, 4pm?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    "Have you been giving me my allowance?"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    From my wife: Your son just puked all over the couch in the loft. I hate you right now.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Received: "You can't catch a bladder infection according to the Wikipedia." (My mom had a theory.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    beer run

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    You freaking rock!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

You freaking rock!

indeed you do
    :wink:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Goodnight, love you
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Received: No change. He's still on dialysis and vent. (Badass childhood neighbor growing up. About 6'6" and a black belt in several forms of Karate. Shocked us all.)
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Received: No change. He's still on dialysis and vent. (Badass childhood neighbor growing up. About 6'6" and a black belt in several forms of Karate. Shocked us all.)

A follow up. My childhood neighbor died this afternoon and his death is being investigated as possibly a result of the recent ice cream recall. Such a great guy. Truly, a gentle giant. Will be terribly missed. :frowning:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

A follow up. My childhood neighbor died this afternoon and his death is being investigated as possibly a result of the recent ice cream recall. Such a great guy. Truly, a gentle giant. Will be terribly missed. :frowning:
    Oh my gosh. I'm sorry, Amy.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ^^ Found out by text.

A great guy and truly happy that I was able to have him in my life. Grew up in a very tight knit neighborhood. Old houses, old neighborhood. (Houses built in early to late 1800's.) Big yards. Ran between houses and played. Moms sent us house to house to borrow sugar, flour and that sort of thing. Vern (his name) never turned me away when I needed help in math. I suck at math, so I was with him through middle school through high school quite a bit. We had neighborhood 4th of July and ran around on whatever 4 wheelers we could find. We rode to fireworks in the back of the truck on the top of the sides (without dying from falling off!) and I always went in Vern's truck because it was the biggest.

And he always, always handed out boxes of Cracker Jacks at Halloween. At 41, I still trick or treat at their house. He always looked at me with his forever smiling eyes and happily passed my box of Cracker Jacks on to me.

He will be so very missed.
  • Options
    oh no... i am sorry to hear about this...

RIP Vern

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Cracker Jacks for Halloween would be awesome! So sorry for your loss... :(

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    5-4 2 min left
  • Options
    I am here. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    deadendp said:

^^ Found out by text.

A great guy and truly happy that I was able to have him in my life. Grew up in a very tight knit neighborhood. Old houses, old neighborhood. (Houses built in early to late 1800's.) Big yards. Ran between houses and played. Moms sent us house to house to borrow sugar, flour and that sort of thing. Vern (his name) never turned me away when I needed help in math. I suck at math, so I was with him through middle school through high school quite a bit. We had neighborhood 4th of July and ran around on whatever 4 wheelers we could find. We rode to fireworks in the back of the truck on the top of the sides (without dying from falling off!) and I always went in Vern's truck because it was the biggest.

And he always, always handed out boxes of Cracker Jacks at Halloween. At 41, I still trick or treat at their house. He always looked at me with his forever smiling eyes and happily passed my box of Cracker Jacks on to me.

He will be so very missed.

So sorry to hear. I don't believe much in after life or ghosts or any of that stuff. I am too pragmatic and too much into the science of things. At the same time there were a few times after death where that belief was challenged. My oldest daughter was the first grand kid on both sides of the family. My grandfather just as I was his favorite (he didn't hide it as I was the first boy grandchild for him) adored my daughter. He passed when she was 6. A couple of days after he passed we were in the car with my parents and my daughter yells out Great Grandpa is here, I can smell him. She didn't understand death yet so it was one of the special moments and my Mom swears to this day he was visiting with her. Watch out for cracker jacks in a weird place. It may be his sign of telling you how special you were to him as well.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ^^ Hadn't thought of looking for Cracker Jacks in weird places. I, too, have had experiences with folks who passed on. I will keep an eye out. He was an incredibly cool dude, as you would have to be anyhow to carry off the name Vern! ;)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,793
    Thank you cousin
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Got them..so happy..seeya at rio..xoxo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I had them in this one place I lived, and sometimes I'd find them in my fucking bed. Horrific.
  • Options
    I believe it is time for you to get up.. ( and a pic of the cutest little kitty!)
  • Options
    ^^ :rofl:
  • Options
    deadendp said:

^^ :rofl:

:smiley:
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    this thread definitely needs to be broken up into two threads....1) Post the last text message you sent and 2) Post the last text message you received.

(I know! What a strange text huh? but was it a text I received, or was it a text I sent....the world may never know....)
  • Options
    rollings said:

this thread definitely needs to be broken up into two threads....1) Post the last text message you sent and 2) Post the last text message you received.

(I know! What a strange text huh? but was it a text I received, or was it a text I sent....the world may never know....)

I think that's the fun in it, because either sent or received if it is the last or most recent, it fits.. So.. All the more fun!
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Let's start a thread called "post a text. or make one up. whatever."
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Weird
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    :) You can't have that!