Options

Peavey T-45

MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
edited February 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone have any experience with one of these basses? I saw one for sale the other day, and damn near bought it. All I know about it is that it's made in the USA, is about 30 years old, and weighs about a ton.
"Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Max I have access to T-40s and T-20s... Never have played a T-45.. I can tell you that 20s and 40s are great basses... And are usually pretty inexpensive....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    I've only seen a few reviews of the 45, but they seem to be positive. The most common concern seems to be the limited tones you can get due to the single pickup.

I think it was listed around $299. I think if I can talk them down to around $250, I may pick it up. $299 seems to be a common price for one in pretty good condition w/a case. This one comes sans case along with some dings and cracks in the finish.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Apparently a T-45 is a single pickup version of a T-40. That pick up is a nice piece, and can go from a single coil to humbucker set up...

I'm a P-bass player, there is no need for a second pick up. A T-20 is a single, single coil bass that tonally comes close to a P-bass as well. Both are awesome!

I'd jump on it for that $250 to $300 range.

If it is at a guitar center I'd probably shoot for $250 out the door... They will have a hard time moving it.

If they don't do out the door, have them throw in a pack of strings or something.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/