coblers

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
awesome as frig, ladies & gentlemen... awesome as frig. & i'll tell you why. my cobler kicks a lot of tail. & when i say he kicks a whole pile of tail that is precisely what this man achieves. his craft a lost art, a much needed craft & definetly a lost art.

i took this wise gentleman my old roughed up danner boots. he had me chose the new sole i'd like, i chose from two.

when i went & picked my boots up i was amazed at how well polished they were for being weatherized for this winter's wet ass snow & slush & rain. plus he sewed a 2-3inch patch on the right boot's outter side because i blew the frickin stitches out & was taking in water on wet days. my foot did not appreaciate this maneuver.

so with a set of skillfully chisled manly hands this gentleman has rebuilt a set of boots for me & i am soo impressed i am starting him a thread on pearl jam & now wearing my new redwings less & wearing my old rebuilts more. as a matter of fact i love them so much & the way they have their new look that i tried sleeping w/ them on my feet lastnight but couldn't quite pull that off.

$200 dollar boots are definetly worth rebuilding. this is the second set of boots i have had cobled. the redwing company done my first pair of redwings something like 18 odd years ago. that was a $50 dollar bill & worth it for sure as they were around $200 bucks. these danner's i had rebuilt were $180 bones. this cobler hooked me up for $64.20

please go visit your local cobler or contact my guy. you will be pleased. this is a lost & dying art & it is frickin needed.
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    what is the patch made of?

was it a pearl jam patch?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh man, I thought you were talking about this:
    exps35570_THHC1194786D54.jpg

I agree though, not many possess that skill anymore.

(also got a smile thinking of Hans Christian Anderson, my favorite cobbler of all!)
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    hedonist wrote:

(also got a smile thinking of Hans Christian Anderson, my favorite cobbler of all!)

Yeah, I was thinking apple or peach?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • hedonist wrote:

Cherry or blueberry is better. ;)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    hedonist wrote:

I was wondering why he left out a "B". I was thinking Blackberry,Until I read it. :)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,829
    edited February 2013
    pawpaw(granddad) was a cobbler along with being a farmer and other various occupations throughout his life. Used to have some of his forms that would be used to do the very thing your guy did for you.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

I was wondering why he left out a "B". I was thinking Blackberry,Until I read it. :)

My friend has a Blackberry phone. He likes it