Your (almost) perfect double.

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,670
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
This picture that a friend of mine sent me freaks me out every time I look at it. I have no idea who this guy is but he looks almost exactly like I did not too many years ago. I showed the photo to my grandniece and she she, "Hey that's you!" I said, "No, actually it's not." "Yes IT IS!" she said. I had to point out that my eye brows are a bit thick but not that thick, that my hair is longer, the veins in my arms stick out differently and my ears are a shaped a little differently . Besides, I have no idea what that posture is about. :lol:

Do you have a perfect double out there?

3f96a498-8944-4578-b304-3a4b589c4b6f_zps0fdd63e3.jpg
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I've never seen her, but my perfect double seems to live in Calgary, and she must be popular. I've had at least 20 people over the years tell me I look exactly like this person they know who lives in Calgary. Pretty weird!

Brian, that guy does look exactly like you! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,670
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I've never seen her, but my perfect double seems to live in Calgary, and she must be popular. I've had at least 20 people over the years tell me I look exactly like this person they know who lives in Calgary. Pretty weird!
    Maybe someday one of those people will send you photo. I'm not sure how it would be to meet my (almost) exact double. Pretty weird I'd think!
    PJ_Soul wrote:

So true... only I wish I could say I look better than that guy. :lol::lol::lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Black Diamond
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I look exactly like King Kong Bundy
    Black Diamond

Side-by-side photos? :)

• brianlux wrote:
    Black Diamond

i have only naked photos of him,cant post sorry!! :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    My perfect double was when I was in College.
    People would start conversations with me,
    Whom I didn't know.Some would say,Hey Lisa.I would reply,No.It's Donna.
    Damn you look just like her.A P.E. Teacher aproached me one day,And told me I have a twin on Campus.
    She looks like you ,Talks like you,And even Laughs like you. You can find her down on the field during practice if you want to meet her. I never did.I was too chicken! I never met my Father.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    black diamond is very simliar to my dad. they have same glasses even.

one of my doctors has a double as if his twin brother but they are not related as i asked my doc.

i know two guys in town who are not related at all but look almost exactly the same... probably 85% - 90% identical. and they looked more like each other the younger they were. today they may look a bit different.

nearby me there is a dude who shares my first & last name.

when living in western washington several ppl stopped me on the street & thought i was this one fuckin guy. turns out this dude was not very nice. he had been in trouble before & it turns out women were kinda scared of him. i know this because i asked this lady out who cut my hair & her boss told her don't go w/ him he is bad, blah blah blah. that aint me. i never been to jail or prison and never been nasty w/ women & at least 3 people thought i was him. fucker!
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    brianlux wrote:
    Black Diamond

i have only naked photos of him,cant post sorry!! :P

:lol::lol::lol:

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Black Diamond

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • chadwick wrote:

when living in western washington several ppl stopped me on the street & thought i was this one fuckin guy. turns out this dude was not very nice. he had been in trouble before & it turns out women were kinda scared of him. i know this because i asked this lady out who cut my hair & her boss told her don't go w/ him he is bad, blah blah blah. that aint me. i never been to jail or prison and never been nasty w/ women & at least 3 people thought i was him. fucker!

That would have been a rough spot to be in.
    I have a friend who got beat down within an inch of his life in a bar bathroom in Alberta Canada a few years back. It was a bad scene, total case of mistaken identity. Some bad dudes seen him, followed him into the shitter. Those fuckers beat the fuck out of him with the toilet tank lids after kicking the shit out of him. It was horrible. Buddy was in intensive care more months and those fucks were never ever caught.

Sad but a very true story
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:

That would have been a rough spot to be in.
    I have a friend who got beat down within an inch of his life in a bar bathroom in Alberta Canada a few years back. It was a bad scene, total case of mistaken identity. Some bad dudes seen him, followed him into the shitter. Those fuckers beat the fuck out of him with the toilet tank lids after kicking the shit out of him. It was horrible. Buddy was in intensive care more months and those fucks were never ever caught.

Sad but a very true story
    i am sorry about that. that sounds very horrible. how anyone can do something likethat is beyond me.

i have a buddy who was beat down to within an itch of his life because some bikers saw his t-shirt that read something like 99% party 1% work... big metal flashlights, brass knuckles, pipes & steel toe boots.... intensive care for months & several surgeries. he aint the 1% so they made sure he took off his bullshit t-shirt.

why attend a motorcycle ralley type thing when you know every motorcycle club/gang in the country will be there? i'd never in a billion years attend sturgis or the like... btw, this happened in iowa not at sturgis.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

I apparently have a double named "Isabella". People have come up to me at the mall, on the beach and at bars and started conversations with me. It got to the point I was worried I had another personality :? :lol:

Zoso has an identical twin, so he does have a double. One time a girl his brother had dated went up to him in the grocery store yelling at him for something his brother had done. :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • When I was younger I'd be stopped and told I look like Jerry Seinfeld. So much so that coming back from our honeymoon in Jamaica we were stopped at the airport in Miami by security for a moment. And this was during the hay day of his show.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Doppleganger!

That's the word for this, no? Either way, I love it.

I've come across varieties of doubles of people I know/have seen - but have never thought it was them to the point of body movement, speech, energy - the general sense of the person.

Funny timing though - other day I was watching People's Court and could've sworn PoD was in the "audience"...but with glasses, full beard and 'stache - almost like a disguise :mrgreen:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Frank Black
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Am I the only one that first thought this was about boobs?? :fp:
  • I was walking through the airport in Chicago back around 2002 when some guy came running up and asked me to sign an autograph. Turns out he thought i was some quarterbaxk for the bears or something.. I was so baffled and caught of guard I just didn't know what to say. I think I obviously said "I dont think I'm the person you're thinking of."

And he got all pissed off and said "you could just say NO, you don't have to be a dick about it!"

So somebody out there thinks the bears ex quarterback is an asshole.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Am I the only one that first thought this was about boobs?? :fp:

:lol:

No, but then my man boobs are exactly perfect either. :lol:

I was walking through the airport in Chicago back around 2002 when some guy came running up and asked me to sign an autograph. Turns out he thought i was some quarterbaxk for the bears or something.. I was so baffled and caught of guard I just didn't know what to say. I think I obviously said "I dont think I'm the person you're thinking of."

And he got all pissed off and said "you could just say NO, you don't have to be a dick about it!"

Sounds like it's the other guy at the airport who is the asshole! Maybe you should have told him to go out long... and keep going. :lol:

brianlux wrote:
    This picture that a friend of mine sent me freaks me out every time I look at it. I have no idea who this guy is but he looks almost exactly like I did not too many years ago. I showed the photo to my grandniece and she she, "Hey that's you!" I said, "No, actually it's not." "Yes IT IS!" she said. I had to point out that my eye brows are a bit thick but not that thick, that my hair is longer, the veins in my arms stick out differently and my ears are a shaped a little differently . Besides, I have no idea what that posture is about. :lol:

Do you have a perfect double out there?

3f96a498-8944-4578-b304-3a4b589c4b6f_zps0fdd63e3.jpg

Yoga maybe?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My art teacher in high school called me Darlene:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJwyLyjSl_SSdllsUENlEg7xtkfUY_Ojmoppj7qb-LBQIYlzHecw

:fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • brianlux wrote:
    I was walking through the airport in Chicago back around 2002 when some guy came running up and asked me to sign an autograph. Turns out he thought i was some quarterbaxk for the bears or something.. I was so baffled and caught of guard I just didn't know what to say. I think I obviously said "I dont think I'm the person you're thinking of."

Sounds like it's the other guy at the airport who is the asshole! Maybe you should have told him to go out long... and keep going. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, the guy was so adamant about it, that it was creepy.

This thread is interesting by the way.. coincidentally, I heard the end of an interview on the radio of some guy who was doing a book of random doppelgangers (of people who are regular folks, not celebrities)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8qZBax8wzSftcTm4EBI0wOiTqJ8Qi6ArvfvInTQLGhnXmTLXq

:mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I've had people come up to me and just start talking like they know me...sometimes I play along, they usually don't like that once they figure it out. :lol:

Been told I look like some famous people...I don't see it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    This is a fun little book we get in from time to time. I always get distracted when I see it. :lol:

birth_zpsef8d69ba.jpg

I lived in an apt. Complex once,And there was this guy right across from me who looked just like Richard Prior.
    One Day I mentioned it to him. And he replied with," You look like Tracy Ullman" (Really?)
    It wasn't long after he said that,that several people mentioned it. One guy even followed me and my son around in a Target Store,Swearing that I was in fact her.I don't know if thats a good thing or not. She is hella funny. :lol::lol: