emergency: gorge transportation...

hetvedder0hetvedder0 Posts: 4
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
hello people! i just bought some GA tickets for pearl jam at the gorge (NIGHT 2) because i cant miss this. i dont care that its GA, i just need to be there.

however, my girlfriend and i are 19 and cant rent a car. we're not exactly too positive how we're going to get to the gorge...so any help WOULD BE AWESOME and greatly appreciated. if anyone can help, please post here.

thanks guys!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• where are you trying to leave from?
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • well, we have two options.

1) fly into SeaTac airport from Denver (not sure which day) and SOMEHOW find a way to the gorge (with your people's help of course)

--OR--

2) drive from denver to the gorge...17 hour drive. it would be an awesome drive since we'd go through montana and wyoming...but id rather that was a last resort.

basically, if ANYONE would love to cart along a couple of good people from the airport to the gorge and back, it would be AMAZING. we'll chip in with gas, etc.
  • slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    you should be able to rent a car, but you will have to pay a premium for being under 25.....check with multiple companies (budget, thrifty, national, dollar, hertz, enterprise, etc), and I would check spokane as well as seattle. Spokane gets a lot less rental traffic and so prices are generally much lower.
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I might have room for 2 people. I'll get to Seattle early saturday morning and drive back after each show to my hotel.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • ShaneShane Posts: 5
    My friend and I are also looking for transportation to the Gorge. If you two can't find anything, and neither can we, perhaps we could get a cab or something and split the cost four ways?

I'm only 20 myself, and my friend is 19, so we're not sure if we'll be able to get a rental car, but we'll certainly try. If we do (or you do), maybe we can help each other out.
    9/2/05 - Vancouver
    7/22/06 - The Gorge
    7/23/06 - The Gorge
    4/2/08 - Vancouver
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Shane wrote:
    My friend and I are also looking for transportation to the Gorge. If you two can't find anything, and neither can we, perhaps we could get a cab or something and split the cost four ways?

I'm only 20 myself, and my friend is 19, so we're not sure if we'll be able to get a rental car, but we'll certainly try. If we do (or you do), maybe we can help each other out.

I would hate to see the bill on that cab ride :p
    NERDS!
    I would hate to see the bill on that cab ride :p

Haha, probably wouldn't be too bad. I've heard the Gorge is a two-hour drive from Seattle (is that correct?), and most cab companies have a different fare system for longer trips, so maybe a couple hundred dollars. Split four ways, that's 50 bucks each. Still a bit steep, but hey, it's Pearl Jam. If that's what it takes, then so be it. ;)
    9/2/05 - Vancouver
    7/22/06 - The Gorge
    7/23/06 - The Gorge
    4/2/08 - Vancouver
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Shane wrote:
    Haha, probably wouldn't be too bad. I've heard the Gorge is a two-hour drive from Seattle (is that correct?), and most cab companies have a different fare system for longer trips, so maybe a couple hundred dollars. Split four ways, that's 50 bucks each. Still a bit steep, but hey, it's Pearl Jam. If that's what it takes, then so be it. ;)

I admire the dedication. I'm sure you'll be able to find a ride.
    NERDS!
    I admire the dedication. I'm sure you'll be able to find a ride.

I'm positive that if it came down to it, I could get a ride in under a half hour with a "Pearl Jam or bust" sign standing on the highway between Seattle and the Gorge. :)
    9/2/05 - Vancouver
    7/22/06 - The Gorge
    7/23/06 - The Gorge
    4/2/08 - Vancouver
  • hetvedder0 wrote:
    drive from denver to the gorge...17 hour drive. it would be an awesome drive since we'd go through montana and wyoming...but id rather that was a last resort.

If it makes you feel any better, when my husband and I were trying to get out there, we realized it was a 35 hour drive :-)

In all honesty, I hope you find a way out there...it will be an awesome time!
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~