Computer shopping

Fighting HellfishFighting Hellfish Posts: 3,166
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Holy cow, a lot has changed since I bought my last computer in 2005. yesterday I stumbled upon these newfangled "all In one" computers at Costco. No tower, the computer is built into the monitor. And you can get a huge monitor, up to 27 inches if you want to spend $2000 or more. I've never been a big believer in watching TV and movies on the computer, but not anymore if I get one of these bad boys. Can even add on a portable TV tuner/Recorder to watch and/or record shows to the computer. And I knew my 05 was obsolete, but wow! the specs....1 or 2 TB hard drives...I have 130 Gigs. 6 GB speed. i'm at 512MB. Amazing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I tried out one of those last year and ended up returning it.. The touch screen seemed extremely laggy. maybe they've gotten better with window's 8.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    If your going to spend 2 grand on an all in one I'd go with Apple. My wife's Apple will be turning 7 or 8 this March and it still runs just as smooth as the day it was bought...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never buy all in one shit....

if one thing craps, you are fucked.

imo of course

i'm sticking with the freebies from work. when they replace pc's in the office, they have a raffle for old one's. yeah, they are 3-4 years old, but they are free and work great for surfing the net
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I love my Macbook
  • thanks for the tips. I'm hoping t keep it under $1000, as enticing as the full on bells and whistles $2000+ models are. I'm in nerd heaven over here, building my own computers on dell.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    I love my Macbook

Same here
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com