Options

Soundgarden Show Surprise!

luketheukeluketheuke Posts: 64
edited February 2013 in The Porch
What a stroke of luck (I never get this lucky)! Went to the soundgarden show in Chicago on Tuesday (1/29) and I picked myself up a poster to commemorate the occassion. When I returned home I unrolled the poster and found it had been defaced with writing all over it. Turns out...It was signed by all members of the band including our own favorite Matt Cameron. Wow! I still can't believe it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    luketheuke wrote:
    What a stroke of luck (I never get this lucky)! Went to the soundgarden show in Chicago on Tuesday (1/29) and I picked myself up a poster to commemorate the occassion. When I returned home I unrolled the poster and found it had been defaced with writing all over it. Turns out...It was signed by all members of the band including our own favorite Matt Cameron. Wow! I still can't believe it!

Slick! :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Awesome!!!! :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Post Photo!
  • Options
    Niiice!!! Congrats!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Awesome! Yeah, they've been doing that since they started touring again, I think. Really cool, right?

How was the show?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    that's awesome!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    what a score!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    luketheuke wrote:

Sweet score! 8-)

iLqO3NI.jpg?1

http://mercerrock.bigcartel.com/
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    There's 25 signed posters at every show.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options

Just imagine if Pearl Jam did that.
    There were 10 signed prints at each ED solo show last year.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Just imagine if Pearl Jam did that.
    There were 10 signed prints at each ED solo show last year.
    I like the way Soundgarden did it. Randomly inserted in the stack and priced the same. The Ed ones were more expensive and you had to go there early. Different way of doing it but I much prefer it to be random.

Although if they did it for PJ, the merch stand would be a nightmare! I think I might be permanently traumatized :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Suziemay wrote:
    Although if they did it for PJ, the merch stand would be a nightmare! I think I might be permanently traumatized :lol::lol:

Could see it now. Dude buy's a print @ the counter. Opens the tube to find it's not signed. Throw's it away. Back to the counter. Buy's another poster. Opens the tube to find it's not signed, again! Throw's it away. Round 3. etc.. :lol:

Wait a second. I would of done that as well! :shock: D'oh! th_doh.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    congrads....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    Are the random or 1st come first served. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Could see it now. Dude buy's a print @ the counter. Opens the tube to find it's not signed. Throw's it away. Back to the counter. Buy's another poster. Opens the tube to find it's not signed, again! Throw's it away. Round 3. etc.. :lol:

Wait a second. I would of done that as well! :shock: D'oh! th_doh.gif
    That's what you would do. Other less considerate people would just camp out at the table and make the merch people go through to pick out the signed ones! Or buy 10 posters.

I'd probably end up being a giant stressball and have a nervous breakdown.

There's something wrong with us!
  • Options
    Are the random or 1st come first served. ;)

They must be randomly inserted...Mine was artist numberered 93 out of 130 I think. On the back mine was marked with a sharpie as #1

It was the same price as the normal poster...

The show was great and the venue was neat too. That was my first time seeing Soundgarden and my first experience at the Riviera.
  • Options
    WillSmithWillSmith Sunnyside Posts: 20
    Crap, left my NYC poster at my Girlfriends house after the show. I should really get that back...
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    luketheuke wrote:

Holy smokes!! A surprise signed poster and a great show. Pretty good night right there! 8-)
  • Options
    Congrats on the score. Very cool. I was lucky enough to get a signed poster at their Calgary show back in 2011. I had GA floor tickets for the show and when I picked up a t-shirt from the merch booth before the show I asked the girl if she thought there would be any posters left after the show so I wouldn't have to worry about my poster getting dinged up during the show. She told me, "rumor has it that during their encore break the band will sign a few posters and they will be distributed randomly into the stacks of posters at the merch booths throughout the venue for after the show". So after the show, I returned to inquire about the rumor. She told me that someone had been by and inserted a couple posters into the stack and had instructed her that she wasn't allowed to look through the posters and was to pull the second one from the top each sale. And to my surprise, the poster I purchased was indeed signed buy all four members. I've since heard that they've been doing something similar for all of their shows. Very cool.
  • Options

I know their merch guy, they only sign 5 to 10 a show. They aren't put in the unsigned stack. The merch guy gives them out at "random".
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Very Funny.

Easier than chasing down every one.

I guess they get it. :D
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    In New York-
    They also had signed Vinyl King Animal's too...
    Don't know how many...
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    Dude I was at that show too! Thats fucking awesome!!! I bought a poster, 2 tour tees, and stickers for the ol guitar. I wish mine was signed ;D I have to admit, although Night 2 had some good jems, I'm glad I went to the first show! Blow Up The Outside and Fell on Black days back to back?? Two of my favorites, so happy. The only one I would have been more excited about would be if they played Mood for Trouble, I don't even know if they play that anymore..
    luketheuke wrote:
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    BlackLabel wrote:
    Congrats on the score. Very cool. I was lucky enough to get a signed poster at their Calgary show back in 2011. I had GA floor tickets for the show and when I picked up a t-shirt from the merch booth before the show I asked the girl if she thought there would be any posters left after the show so I wouldn't have to worry about my poster getting dinged up during the show. She told me, "rumor has it that during their encore break the band will sign a few posters and they will be distributed randomly into the stacks of posters at the merch booths throughout the venue for after the show". So after the show, I returned to inquire about the rumor. She told me that someone had been by and inserted a couple posters into the stack and had instructed her that she wasn't allowed to look through the posters and was to pull the second one from the top each sale. And to my surprise, the poster I purchased was indeed signed buy all four members. I've since heard that they've been doing something similar for all of their shows. Very cool.

Great stories ^^^ & OP 8-) . Nice way to make a good show even more memorable.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    luketheuke wrote:

haha defaced! what a spin.. Lucky find there Luketheuke!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)