Options

Will Benny Sets Be Offered For Wrigley GA Pit Tickets?

RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,776
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
With all the craziness of the Lottery fiasco's going on.
The demand has steadily increased for 10C tickets.

I've seen members offer up prized (rare) possesions for
sought after premium tickets. Backpacks, Limited Bluerays,etc.

Will this get to the point where people will take it to the Benny level?
There are members that bought this set for $35 back in the day.

*For the record I Don't have tickets but I would make that trade!

I didn't try.I wanted everybody in that area to have a good chance.
Considering now we don't even have that anymore.It being out off our hands with the Lottery.

How crazy will it get?

Benny Set for 2 GA tickets

Would you do it? Thoughts :corn:

I Don't have tickets but if I did.......
-Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
-Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
-Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
-Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
-Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I find it a bit much to offer up rare pieces in a collection for tickets to a show. It's not like it's the band's last gig. A show lasts 2-3 hours tops, whereas something like Benaroya Hall lasts 2+hours over and over again.

And yes, i'm someone who bought it for $35 back in the day...and I have a low-number copy.
  • Options
    I find it a bit much to offer up rare pieces in a collection for tickets to a show. It's not like it's the band's last gig. A show lasts 2-3 hours tops, whereas something like Benaroya Hall lasts 2+hours over and over again.

And yes, i'm someone who bought it for $35 back in the day...and I have a low-number copy.

I wouldn't trade a Benny but I'd trade the tickets. lol

• Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Only if I'm trading for tickets, hotel, poster, shirt, and backstage passes with the opportunity to meet the boys. Only THEN would I even consider trading it.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    I still don't understand the insane demand for GA. I mean nobody will get shut out of the show and I have Lower Bowl tix. I'm pumped as hell I got them but I would never consider moving up a little bit for 2 or 3 times the price. I'd probably pay another $15-20 a ticket but outside of that I just am baffled since there are more shows to come.

With that being said I hope everyone that wants GA truly does find a way that doesn't involve parting with memorabilia. Unless someone wants to offer me a Benny for 2 Bowl tix :lol:
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:

I would, too. Or more for my preferences a blue VS. The only problem is the tickets need to be picked up by the original buyer. You can't simply trade in advance of the show.
  • Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:

I would, too. Or more for my preferences a blue VS. The only problem is the tickets need to be picked up by the original buyer. You can't simply trade in advance of the show.

Yeah a lot of trust!
    And it would help if both parties lived in Chicago or London.

• Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I would trade merch for tickets. Without the band, there would be no merch. What's wrong with trading a backpack for tickets to see this band live?

It's a record. The record and the music on it can be obtained several ways. The live experience can only be had live.

I have 'things' but I look back and value my experiences, much more.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    JMo wrote:
    I would trade merch for tickets. Without the band, there would be no merch. What's wrong with trading a backpack for tickets to see this band live?

It's a record. The record and the music on it can be obtained several ways. The live experience can only be had live.

I have 'things' but I look back and value my experiences, much more.

That's why I finally started to pass on a bunch of my posters to other folks, plus the fact I was broke!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    I smell a hoarder :D
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,146
    Not worth a show at Wrigley. Sorry fan boys! That vinyl is pure sonic goodness that will last FOREVER.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,912
    to trade a benny for a ga is just plain stupid. you're telling me two ga tickets are worth $400/ticket? if you wanted to be ga then you could have went to three shows last year. and just because you are ga doesn't mean you are going to be the first ten rows. to me it just isn't worth it. some people just feel they have to be up close each and every show. does even flow really sound that much better in ga as compared to the many many many lower bowl tickets you could have? just my 2 cents.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,549
    Did the person that offered up a Benaroya Hall LP for tickets to the 12/12/12 benefit have remorse after the fact?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,912
    awesome point 100pacer!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Did the person that offered up a Benaroya Hall LP for tickets to the 12/12/12 benefit have remorse after the fact?

Why should they? I mean, that's like asking if the people that waited in line for 24 hours and spent $400 on a record that they'll never play, have remore after the fact?

To each their own. I totally respect those people. I also respect the fact that someone may value seeing the band live rather than seeing a record sit on their shelf.

Now, I wouldn't pay $1000 for a GA ticket. But hey, if someone bought that record for under $100, they might think it's a fair trade.
  • Options
    By the way, I'm not digging at anyone. I just think it's silly when I see posts like "No way man! Don't do it! You'll regret it!" or "You have a real gem, hold onto it! Don't be stupid!"

I'm not sure if this is coming from people who own the Benny or not. I'm not an owner of said record, so maybe that's why I don't understand this peer pressure.
  • Options
    For many, Benaroya Hall is the pinnacle of their PJ collectible desires. Can the same be said of this show at Wrigley? Is this anywhere near the pinnacle of a Pearl Jam concert in the making? At this point, their most recent stuff is still going to be Backspacer, which is working on 4 years old.

I think perhaps if it was the band's last show ever, then maybe we're taking about something. The problem becomes that you still have to find a way to get to the show, meet up with the ticketholder, and hope it all goes smoothly from A to B before the band takes the stage. There is no opener, so anything missed is a Pearl Jam performance someone may have given up their most prized PJ item for.

As I said: I own one, and paid $35 for it back in the day. It's quite an item, if you've never seen it in person.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Nope. We're buddies now. I actually PMed him many times to make sure he was sure because I felt really bad to be honest, I just wanted to recoup the cost of the ticket. He went, he had a blast, I had a blast and we've been in touch since. I guess for that the face value of the ticket was closer in value to the Benny.

Not everyone values material things. No one has the right to tell someone else what *should* matter more to them. Honestly, the fact that we can bicker about whether a Benny is "worth more" than a Wrigley pit ticket is a privilege.
  • Options
    experience trumps stuff. sell the benny, and pay for the tickets and your whole fucking trip, including hookers and blow after the show.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    Fuck that! Before the show!! :lol:
    Paul D.
  • Options
    As a life-long Cubs and Pearl Jam fan, being ON the field means something special to me. Doubly so because I was supposed to be GA for Springsteen at Wrigley last fall, and couldn't go because of my wife and I separating.

I will settle for hopefully solid seats from the public sale, but being up close would have been really special. There's something about being close, being part of the crowd, and having everything as loud as possible that can't quite be replaced.

If I had a Benny, I'd trade it. As it is, if I'm shut out at the public sale, I'll probably take my Alpine trio down off the wall and sell them for funds to cover good seats. End of the day, as much as I like my "stuff", it's just that. Stuff.
    Chicago-United Center 6/18/2003
    Chicago-United Center 5/17/2006
    Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
    Ed Solo Chicago-Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
    PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/2011 + 9/4/2011
    Chicago-Wrigley 7/19/2013
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    sure why not??

"if 2 people want to do a trade and are happy with it..its not anyone else business....."

isnt that the moto here??....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's JUST a couple records with songs on it. I don't see why it can be sold for 400/700 or $1100. That is fucked up shit. And the record cost like $40. Yes I understand the "going rate" and people are willing to pay the prices, I get that. Not my point here.

Records are meant to be played, it has music on it. I don't understand these people who hoard and flip shit.
    Senseless man.

I have the Benny on vinyl. I play the shit out of it, it is scratched to hell but plays real well and sounds killer. The sleeves are ripped, and the corners are bent and torn. Wear and tear, me and the kid.

Stuff is just stuff. Posters go on the wall, tshirts on your back and shoes on your feet. And these backpacks, holy fuck its a back pack, use it, go camping with it go snowboarding with it use it enjoy it.
    Crazy fuckers HAHAHAHA
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I find it baffling all these trades & ISO for Wrigley tickets are everywhere. Just get in the public sale next week. Does it honestly matter if your in GA or not? Being in the venue should be enough.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    boyo79 wrote:
    I find it baffling all these trades & ISO for Wrigley tickets are everywhere. Just get in the public sale next week. Does it honestly matter if your in GA or not? Being in the venue should be enough.
    I'm not spending a bunch of money on flight and hotels just to be in the venue. That's my decision. Others like you might feel differently which is cool. We're different people.
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Suziemay wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    I'm not spending a bunch of money on flight and hotels just to be in the venue. That's my decision. Others like you might feel differently which is cool. We're different people.

I agree with you....I wouldn't spend a fortune on flight and hotel...Just to have crappy seats.....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Suziemay wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    sure ,you are right
    anyone have the right to do what he wants,and choose what he want
    for me matters with who ill be at the benue,thats why i want GA..
    ill spent crazy money to fly from Greece just for one night,thats why i want to be with some friends at the show
    if i use lower bowl seatred tix or upper deck,i dont care where those seats will be at the venue,cos i can be only only with a friend with the spare tix..
    even ill be at the last seat in the back,i dont care anymore,it doesnt matter,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I spent a bunch of money going to Fargo only to get some of the shittiest seats in the venue. Then again, that was my second PJ show, my first being 10 years previous, so I was thrilled just to be in the same bloody city. I missed father's day with my dad for it!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    My first show was alpine valley in 98......the group i was with was great people and we stood at the top of the hill and that was an amazing experience, we were far away from the stage and it took nothing away from the show......but being at wrigley on the field might mean more to a cubs fan to just be down on the field......however i personally wouldnt trade my benny (if i had one) but i would trade ga tix for a benny! And im sure everyone feels different on what they would do or trade....for myself its who is with me and not where at im sitting or standing as long as i have great people to share the experience with!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....