Options

"I 'Need' GA"... ~sighs~ no you don't.

LeatherMosquitoManLeatherMosquitoMan Posts: 4,034
edited February 2013 in The Porch
You want it. You don't need it. It's really kinda greedy.

Considering there OBVIOUSLY isn't enough to go around. And also considering everybody who won it probably already had a designated ticket buddy. My guess is if you didn't get one, you probably won't.

I went for GA. Didn't win. Now i'll take anywhere. I don't 'need' to be in the pit, or even on the field. If i end up with upper reserve, it'll still be the best Pearl Jam show i've ever been to.
-Chris
Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
2003 Brisbane 1
2006 LA 1 & 2
2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
2011 St. Louis (EV)
2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

Considering there OBVIOUSLY isn't enough to go around. And also considering everybody who won it probably already had a designated ticket buddy. My guess is if you didn't get one, you probably won't.

I went for GA. Didn't win. Now i'll take anywhere. I don't 'need' to be in the pit, or even on the field. If i end up with upper reserve, it'll still be the best Pearl Jam show i've ever been to.
    Well said!!! What drives me nuts is there is gonna be about 5,000 people with extra tickets starting in May. People will be giving them away!! It always happens
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    Christopher,ill cover you..dont worry about ticket..plan your trip...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    normally i agree.....but i'm going to go ahead and be a little selfish for this show. i want on the field for this one....those that have never been to wrigley can sit in the stands.

carry on. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,948

Well said Chris. I wholeheartedly believe there will be plenty of tickets around. And Speedy made a convincing case earlier this week that the best seats in the house for this may even be in the upper decks.

I put in for GA just because it was the "best", but now I look at it and I think having seats is a better way to go. I was never going to fight my way to the rail. Guaranteed I would be standing in the back of that pit all night. Would I be closer? Sure. Does that matter? Probably not.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

?
    81 wrote:
    normally i agree.....but i'm going to go ahead and be a little selfish for this show. i want on the field for this one....those that have never been to wrigley can sit in the stands.

I've never been to wrigley ;)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options

?
    )
    i have a spare for you..plan your trip..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

i guess you can have the stands
    :lol:

*disclaimer* not trying to pick a fight or start anything. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Since I've been there a shit ton does that mean you're gonna find me a ticket?
  • Options

?
    )
    i have a spare for you..plan your trip..

I already was, booking flights here pretty soon... but..

Seriously?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Since I've been there a shit ton does that mean you're gonna find me a ticket?

i do know a guy that works selling season tickets and corporate stuff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

However... I know exactly what Wrigley looks like... does that matter?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options

Seriously?
    yes..lower bowl..we talk details later,ill pm you..
  • Options
    81 wrote:

However... I know exactly what Wrigley looks like... does that matter?

no. sorry.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    A couple of years ago I got into an argument for pointing out that a poster didn't actually need more Pearl Jam clothes, they just wanted them. :lol: They were quite offended.

As far as the actual topic goes, I agree, you don't NEED the seats you WANT. I never needed to be at the front for Pearl Jam, I just needed to be in the building. :mrgreen: (As luck would have it, I've always managed GA tickets for PJ, but that's not the point.)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options

Seriously?
    yes..lower bowl..we talk details later,ill pm you..

Wow. I really don't know what to say. Thank you. So much.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Wish I was a ticket king! Don't worry Angels, I've got all you covered.... Warm up the car!!!
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Wish I was a ticket king! Don't worry Angels, I've got all you covered.... Warm up the car!!!

You do?!?! Awesome!!! I'll let Mamasan know. WooHoo!! Pm me details? ;):lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options

Nope I sexted you the details!
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365

Nope I sexted you the details!

Woo...even better!!! #goingtocheckphonenow
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    All these GA posts are depressing. People are getting selfish now I think. What happened to "I just need to be in the building"?
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    All these GA posts are depressing. People are getting selfish now I think. What happened to "I just need to be in the building"?

Why is it depressing? People have differing opinions about what makes a good show experience ... It's reality

And people have been selfish for a looooooong time (and obviously there are exceptions)
  • Options

Why is it depressing? People have differing opinions about what makes a good show experience ... It's reality

And people have been selfish for a looooooong time (and obviously there are exceptions)
    People NEED GA!? No people should feel blessed if they get tickets! I agree this place is different now. It was fun not that long ago. Now it's full if "market value" PJ merch and people walking on eggshells.