24 pounds in less than a month

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I've lost 24 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. I started my diet on Jan 7, weighing in at 263 lbs. after 3 1/2 weeks I'm now down to 239. I haven't even been exercising yet.

It's a military diet, but it's been easier than I thought it would be. I diet on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the rest of the time I eat normally.

I'm going to keep going until I get down to about 210. My wife has lost 12 pounds herself.

If anyone's interested I can post the eating schedule.
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Would you post the schedule? I'm curious.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Would you post the schedule? I'm curious.

Monday - Day 1:
    Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice of Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea
    Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea (caffeinated & black)
    Dinner--3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Tuesday - Day 2:
    Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana
    Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers
    Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Wednesday - Day 3:
    Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple
    Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast
    Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

***salt & pepper allowed but NO other seasoning is permitted

The key is you have to drink lots of water on these days; about 8 glasses, or 64 ounces.
  • How did you learn about this?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • How did you learn about this?

A friend of my wife who used to work for a dietician.

www.themilitarydiet.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Attaboy

It seems like quite a bit in a short time. I don't know how much becomes dangerous, but I've heard that losing or gaining too much too quick can possibly cause some health concerns. Don't know if what you've done would fall under that category, but be safe and if you haven't, consult your physician about what you got going on.

Looks like a good diet though. You aren't starving yourself, you're getting your protein, sugars, veggies, starch, etc.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Attaboy

It seems like quite a bit in a short time. I don't know how much becomes dangerous, but I've heard that losing or gaining too much too quick can possibly cause some health concerns. Don't know if what you've done would fall under that category, but be safe and if you haven't, consult your physician about what you got going on.

Looks like a good diet though. You aren't starving yourself, you're getting your protein, sugars, veggies, starch, etc.

I feel great. And I trust this diet and I trust my wife; she wouldn't let me do anything reckless or dangerous to my health.

I really didn't expect to lose this much. It even said you can lose "up to 5lbs a week" and I've exceeded that by an average of 1 pound a week. So 6 pounds a week. And it hasn't been overly hard. Just takes willpower. And it helps that I'm not doing it alone.
    Attaboy

I feel great. And I trust this diet and I trust my wife; she wouldn't let me do anything reckless or dangerous to my health.

I really didn't expect to lose this much. It even said you can lose "up to 5lbs a week" and I've exceeded that by an average of 1 pound a week. So 6 pounds a week. And it hasn't been overly hard. Just takes willpower. And it helps that I'm not doing it alone.

Oh sure man, I wasn't implying your wife would lead you astray. I don't see anything wrong with the diet itself, so I didn't even mean that. I just mean whenever you make changes to your body it's never a bad idea to have your doctor on board. It's great you're getting healthy, and I can't wait to see that ass come bikini season.

I once made changes to my eating habits, trying to eat a little healthier. And I started getting kind of weak after a while, and it turned out my doctor told me I have some minor condition, I forget the name, but I actually need larger amounts of protein. It wasn't a serious health risk, and my doctor said I could continue eating the same way I was, but to eat a handful of peanuts a couple times a day. There are just different things with different people and all that. You sound like you're doing good, and feeling well, I just like to throw out the disclaimer.

• Oh sure man, I wasn't implying your wife would lead you astray. I don't see anything wrong with the diet itself, so I didn't even mean that. I just mean whenever you make changes to your body it's never a bad idea to have your doctor on board. It's great you're getting healthy, and I can't wait to see that ass come bikini season.

I once made changes to my eating habits, trying to eat a little healthier. And I started getting kind of weak after a while, and it turned out my doctor told me I have some minor condition, I forget the name, but I actually need larger amounts of protein. It wasn't a serious health risk, and my doctor said I could continue eating the same way I was, but to eat a handful of peanuts a couple times a day. There are just different things with different people and all that. You sound like you're doing good, and feeling well, I just like to throw out the disclaimer.

Oh no I totally understand what you were saying and I appreciate your comments/advice.

I am definitely monitoring myself and will talk to my Doctor if I have any concerns.

That bikini season comment made me LOL
  • Thats not a diet...
    Thats a death sentence...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Thats not a diet...

Lol, yeah or as my Boss calls it - a prison diet!

Day 3 sucks ass!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Thats not a diet...

Yeah, that sounds like a terrible diet.
    Shedding pounds without nutrition... :fp:
  • mca47 wrote:
    Thats not a diet...

Im too damn lazy to figure out the calories..
    But it has to be less than 1000 a day?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mca47 wrote:
    Thats not a diet...

What's he missing nutrition-wise?

I see him getting various sources of protein (red meat, fish protein, eggs, peanut butter), various vegetables and fruits, getting his sugar, starch, dairy, etc. Some of the amounts might be a little small, but I don't think he's going to be malnourished.

I'm too lazy to calculate the calories also, but I'm eating some crackers as we speak, and 5 crackers is 300 calories right there. You have to try pretty hard not to get 1000.

Edit: I'm thinking my cracker box has a typo, 60 calories per cracker seems high. But it says serving size 1 cracker, calories per serving 60.