Options

I'm proud to say "I DID NOT BUY PJ vs AMES" Book!!!!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I just want to say, with all the talk about people paying $200 for a picture book that has a signature on it, I didn't buy this piece of chit! I also didn't buy the $50 one... I do plan on checking it out out at my library, then flipping through the pages as fast as I can so I can get a feeling for the progression of great posters to recent SHIT!
The only way I would ever spend $200 on this PIECE of crap is if I had hopes of cutting up the little pictures and trying to flip them on ebay like the other assholes who do it, taking advantage of the fans who don't know better...
Sorry, I just hate this stupid book and all the other overpriced CRAP the 10C has been selling, while amazing things like Klausen's Dusseldorf poster sit in their warehouse collecting dust while the flippers on ebay are charging 10X what it is worth because it was only sold at the concert and on BK's site...
OK, enough rambling, have a great day...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dude, it's just a book. You didn't order it? Fine. Go find something real to be upset about.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    pjtaper wrote:
    I just want to say, with all the talk about people paying $200 for a picture book that has a signature on it, I didn't buy this piece of chit! I also didn't buy the $50 one... I do plan on checking it out out at my library, then flipping through the pages as fast as I can so I can get a feeling for the progression of great posters to recent SHIT!
    The only way I would ever spend $200 on this PIECE of crap is if I had hopes of cutting up the little pictures and trying to flip them on ebay like the other assholes who do it, taking advantage of the fans who don't know better...
    Sorry, I just hate this stupid book and all the other overpriced CRAP the 10C has been selling, while amazing things like Klausen's Dusseldorf poster sit in their warehouse collecting dust while the flippers on ebay are charging 10X what it is worth because it was only sold at the concert and on BK's site...
    I did not buy it either.What happened to keeping Pj stuff affordable.I don't have an extra 50 bucks let alone $200.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    It's all about the Benjamins! I really hope they all start wearing a bunch of bling and gold grills! Why should Stone be the only "playa" in the band, they all got cream!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,185
    pjtaper wrote:
    It's all about the Benjamins! I really hope they all start wearing a bunch of bling and gold grills! Why should Stone be the only "playa" in the band, they all got cream!

definately understand your point. some of us are overeducated and poor as church mice! i'm saving $$ for the next tour or for the damn vault to opened up.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Somebody started 2008 with a bug up their ass!!! :rolleyes:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Someone quit smoking as a new years resolution!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,447
    stoneg wrote:
    I did not buy it either.What happened to keeping Pj stuff affordable.I don't have an extra 50 bucks let alone $200.

$50 is very affordable. Should the band only offer items that EVERYONE can afford?

Perhaps you should try to earn more money/budget your money better, instead of expecting the 10C to cater to YOU!
    :)

(If $50 is unaffordable to you due to some major illness, etc., then I take back everything I said!)
  • Options
    the $50 book could easily cost twice as much if the sold it at barnes and noble or borders or any other book store. its good stuff.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    i found that i am completely satisfied with just having the poster from the show i attended.....no need for reminders of ALL the other shows i couldn't be at!!!
    If I had known then...what I know now...

the vic ~ 8.2.07
    eV at The Ryman ~ 6.18.09
    st. louis ~ 5.4.10
    If we all did a little, together we could make a BIG difference....wanna help us?
    Then visit http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com
  • Options
    i found that i am completely satisfied with just having the poster from the show i attended.....no need for reminders of ALL the other shows i couldn't be at!!!
    EXACTLY!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    That's what I like to hear!!!

Taper gives the finger to The Man.......
    again.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    pjtaper wrote:

perhaps you should reserve judgement on " this piece of chit " for someone who actually bought it . :confused:
    and , if you would have reserved judgement until you looked at it , you would know that it starts out with the more recent posters ( 06s ) , then it goes back in history as you get towatrd the back of the book.- Just so you know .

pjtaper wrote:

if you hate something..............,

................dont you do it too.

:rolleyes:

i got my s/n book today- and its gorgeous :D- thanks 10 Club !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I can understand why people didn't shell out the $200, it is a lot of money. But there was an edition of the book that cost far less than $200 :)

I bet if EMEK signed the book you'd have payed $200 for it :) (LOL)
    If EMEK signed it, no. If it had an EMEK image in it and he signed it, maybe.
    I hate ames!
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I can understand why people didn't shell out the $200, it is a lot of money. But there was an edition of the book that cost far less than $200 :)

I bet if EMEK signed the book you'd have payed $200 for it :) (LOL)

LOL! ;)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    i am very very very proud of you!!!

you should feel so good about yourself!!

you did a gr8 thing!! you really showed all of us! to each his own dude!

talk to your mom she will also think you are special!
    one love

respect
  • Options
    hiding wrote:
    i am very very very proud of you!!!

you should feel so good about yourself!!

you did a gr8 thing!! you really showed all of us! to each his own dude!

Shut your fucking mouth when you are talking about my mom!
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    hiding wrote:
    are you sure? LOL
  • Options
    he may change his mind when he sees the easy st. art print that comes along with it.
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    I too did not buy it or do I plan on buying it.

Pearl Jam posters...Don't believe the hype.
  • Options
    he may change his mind when he sees the easy st. art print that comes along with it.
    nah, I wouldn't pay .25 for a piece of an easystreet poster... had it been the full image, smaller, on velvet, whatever, I'd be a little annoyed I didn't buy it... but about 1/10 of a poster? a nose of the creature? no thanks!
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    xkevvx wrote:
    I too did not buy it or do I plan on buying it.

Pearl Jam posters...Don't believe the hype.

Couldn't have typed it better myself. I guess it is nice for those that want the choice though.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Books are for nerds.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    File buying a $200 book about posters under "Something that only dumb white people would do."
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    You know what? You just don't need to be this rude.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    freedom people,,u want u buy,,if not u dont..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,332
    i thought it was a pretty steep price for a book as well.

I never intended to buy place/date either, but at the 2000 seattle shows they we're selling them with the posters, so for 30 bux you got a poster and a book (couldn't buy the poster by itself). They were sell the 10c version of place/date and the store version, I was lucky enough to get the hard covered 10c version.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    I'm with the OP. Rant on, brotha!

I've spent so much cash on this band over the years ... and now that I'm older, I realize the only things worth buying are concert tix and albums! I was young, I was dumb ... but that's okay cause I do have some cool stuff to look at while I struggle to pay bills.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    pjtaper wrote:
    I do plan on checking it out out at my library, then flipping through the pages as fast as I can so I can get a feeling for the progression of great posters to recent SHIT!

em..it goes in reverse, so the latest are up front, the oldest are in the back...sucky to be you.
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    pjtaper wrote:

Actually, the 10C did sell the Dusseldorf poster.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this post was originated last year.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    why bump an 18 month old thread?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
This discussion has been closed.