2006 Bootleg Artwork Sucks!!

INDIFFERENCE MAKERINDIFFERENCE MAKER Posts: 265
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Sorry if this has been discussed but as I set here working hard on getting my cases for my boots put together, I have really started to realize that the artwork really blows donkey. I mean for a couple it would have been cool. But to use the same design over and over again really doesnt do it for me.
The Canadian 05 boots were the shit. Having the poster artwork put into the theme of covers was a brilliant idea, sure wish they would have stuck to it.

Agree or Disagree? or dont give a shit?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pj1023pj1023 Posts: 47
    i agree with you
    Shows
    Pittsburgh- (4/26/03)
    Pittsburgh w/ Stones- (9/28/06)
    Cleveland- (5/20/06)
    Pittsburgh- (6/23/06)
    Cincy- (6/24/06)
  • AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    umm...I thought they were like that for 06 too?

which boots do you have? because the one's I have certainly are.

unless you meant the individual concert special posters and not the actual tour poster
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Agreed. The artwork was sooooo much better on the 05 NA boots with the show poster art involved.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Before we start getting bashed to death - i AM greatful for bootlegs etc. but in comparison to the 05 boots, the Artwork is shit. I could of made it myself, it's just zoomed in on the backgrounds to the site. The 05 tor with the show specific artwork was awesome. Also, for the 05 boots, they all flowed as a unit when lined up, like the 2000 boots gradually change colour, the new ones could be put in any order and you wouldn't notice the difference.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • sunlesssunless Posts: 83
    I would rather take what I can get, or have no artwork at all. It's a lot better than them spending a lot of time and energy on virtual packaging and jacking the price up.
    Ask, I'm an ear
  • it really looks like something from an Atari 2600 video game
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    i agree. and i dont see why the picture size got hacked down from when i first got the gorge to now.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Sorry if this has been discussed but as I set here working hard on getting my cases for my boots put together, I have really started to realize that the artwork really blows donkey. I mean for a couple it would have been cool. But to use the same design over and over again really doesnt do it for me.
    The Canadian 05 boots were the shit. Having the poster artwork put into the theme of covers was a brilliant idea, sure wish they would have stuck to it.

Agree or Disagree? or dont give a shit?

Such an ungrateful fucker.... :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Yeah, I agree it's lame that they are repeating the artwork for different shows.

The '05 artwork was so much better!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    it really looks like something from an Atari 2600 video game

ooo.......let's play.
  • papalonpapalon Posts: 5
    not really sure why everyone is complaining so much. i don't mind the new artwork, i actually happen to like the theme of the new website quite a bit. besides, how often are you just sitting in one place staring at a cd jewel case? i don't even know what's in half of the booklets from cd's i've owned for 10 years.

i say be happy with the music (the main reason you're buying bootlegs i would hope) and settle with the fact that they even include cover and back insert art at all.
  • not4unot4u Posts: 513
    i've only gotten 2 shows and i was pretty disapointed.. the canadian artwork is fu*kin great.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • brettcbrettc Posts: 17
    i don't have a problem with the artwork, though i don't have any of the canadian boots to compare it to. maybe i'll have to get one or two. the santa barbara one is cool cause they incorporated the amphitheatre motif.
  • igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    I would like to make it abundantly clear I really like Klausen's work on the new website. Cool stuff. I just don't think it works to keep repeating the same artwork over and over again for 50+ shows. Gets boring.

I'm a fan of the whole bootleg process. I'm hoping they get better and better at it as we go.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I really couldn't give a shit about the artwork to be honest. Half the time I don't even bother with artwork on boots, just write the info on the disc and print a set list on white paper and stick in the cover.

What I buy a bootleg for is the music and the show :)

Keep up the good work all those people involved in making the boots available
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Mr SoulMr Soul Posts: 20
    The music is good and that's what it's all about, so who cares...
    Marge: This is the worst thing you've ever done.
    Homer: You say that so often that it lost its meaning.
  • veinvein Chicago Posts: 77
    Give me the choice between great production and/or artwork vs compromised sound quality and the sound will win every time.

I'm so greatfull to be able to relive the shows i've seen with high quality, they could give me a pic of a bulls anus and i'd be thankfull.
    Chicago 95, 98, Indy 03, Chicago 06, Chicago Vic 07
    EV Chicago 08, Chicago 09, Indy 10
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    vein wrote:
    Give me the choice between great production and/or artwork vs compromised sound quality and the sound will win every time.

I'm so greatfull to be able to relive the shows i've seen with high quality, they could give me a pic of a bulls anus and i'd be thankfull.

Didn't you hear? The pic of a bulls anus is going to be the artwork for the Madrid show. :)

Seriously though, the 2005 artwork was specific to each show's poster, which was super cool. The pics from the website as the artwork being recylced over and over again is a bit of a let down from '05.

It's kind of like when your girl gets all dressed up and is looking sexy as hell versus when she is just chillin with sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a headband. You love her just the same either way, but isn't it a bit more fun to unwrap the package when it's all dressed up?!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"