Options

Reasons why YOU think the 1995 tour was amazing..

Comments

• Options
    I love that now the tour is over, old threads reappear. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    edited September 2022
    Those 94.95 and 96.97.98 .99years were some really good shows and setlist  with the no Code and Yeild  it was my becoming a real human years for me and really the years 2000 Binerral.2003 Riot Act were very very very good shows. What am I saying  all years are good years I just am fond of these 
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited September 2022
    Miiike said:
    March 18, 1995 - Myer Music Bowl - Melbourne

I can’t talk about why the tour was amazing, because this was the only concert I saw! But this concert was AMAZING, FOR ME, for so many reasons.

It was my first ever rock concert.

I was completely and utterly besotted and obsessed with all things Pearl Jam, including the handsome lead singer OF COURSE. I WAS 14 AND A HUMAN GIRL

I was fortunate enough to sleep out for 2 nights for tickets with my older bestie. Only because my parents were living overseas, I’d come back home to start at boarding school after summer, and I had a SWEETHEARTED older sister who was sympathetic to my PJ obsession . . .

Just sleeping out for the tickets was ridiculous amounts of fun for a 14-year-old. Can you imagine it? All these cool, older boys sleeping right in line with you! Joints being passed around. Beers, bourbon, ciggies, CD players. Singalongs. It was phenomenal.

When the concert came around, I had never been so excited about anything before in my life. Christmas didn’t even compare to this. DID NOT COMPARE.

The concert was about a month or two before I got expelled from said boarding school, so it was pre-expulsion trauma! I hadn’t TOTALLY FUCKED UP YET

I was there with my best friends who at that stage shared wholeheartedly in my obsession! We were in heaven! (They all still love PJ now, but not like I do. I can see their eyes glaze over when I rant on, which is why I prefer to come and rant on with you lovely people!)

It blew my mind off! We were in the fourth row, which became the first when the front rows jumped down into the small mosh pit.

I could see EVERYTHING. UP CLOSE.

I CRIED.

WE YELLED OUT ‘WE LOVE YOU MIKE’ AND HE WAVED AT US.

EDDIIIIIIIIIIIE barely looked up actually. He was kinda behind his hair. And he certainly didn’t look in our direction! I remember desperately hoping he’d look at me. Just once. But we were probably the types of fans he was disgusted with. Teenage girls. Ah well!

20,000 FANS BROKE DOWN THE FENCE AND CAME INTO THE CONCERT! And they forgot to mention this concert in the PJ20 book, OVERSIGHT.

I CAN’T REMEMBER MUCH ELSE BECAUSE IT WAS 18 YEARS AGO AND I’VE DRUNK TOO MANY VINOS BETWEEN NOW AND THEN!

But all I know was the energy was fucking incredible, they were beyond amazing live and for the next 8 years my friends and I would call each other to wish each other a HAPPY 18th OF MARCH.

Then this year, my beautiful, delectable husband went and found a copy of the concert poster for me for Christmas. It’s small and it probably cost him $25 but it’s the best present he’s ever got me. I cried, again.

DDD
    On this about why Ed may not have looked your way, of course no one but Ed knows for sure what his mindset was at this point, but I'd guess it wasn't because he was "disgusted" with teenage girls, but more that he'd learned hard lessons already about how a tiny bit of attention (like even just a look) might launch already-very excited people (girls or boys) into the stratosphere of wanting more attention. And if the energy is already crazy intense from the audience (which usually is a good thing), after awhile a certain type of that energy might be overwhelming. He often seemed publicly overwhelmed in those days.

Just a guess, but it struck me that "disgust" I'd think would only be for people being total a-holes, pushing others around or yelling rude stuff, not just teen girls screaming their heads off, though that would be headache-inducing after awhile :)
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    Why is the tour amazing? Two reasons:
    1. All killer, absolutely no filler.
    2. Let My Love Open The Door
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,902
    Take a listen to the unofficial bootleg titled 

Aussie Dynamos

You're welcome! 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    demetrios said:

Aussie Dynamos

You're welcome! 
    Oh yeah!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Aussie Dynamos

You're welcome! 
    Oh yeah!! 

Another 1995 unofficial bootleg CD favorite is Road Rage. Oxygen Records were one of my favorite labels. Them and Kiss The Stone. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    Love the 95 tour!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Love the 95 tour!

What do we have here!? Wow!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Love the 95 tour!

:)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Love the 95 tour!

A few years back My goal was to get a boot from each show of the tour.  They were on fire in 95.  
  • Options
    If you had to choose between the South Pacific shows and the North American shows from 1995, which would it be? In other words, from which of the two legs would you rather get a complete set of official bootlegs?
  • Options
    South Pacific.  The North America shows are awesome but it was such a crazy tour in terms of cancellations and rescheduling. 
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,343
    Would those CD bootlegs sound much different from the few 95 shows that a fan, I think the forum name was Ridley, posted years ago with their own artwork?
  • Options
    BF89905 said:
    Would those CD bootlegs sound much different from the few 95 shows that a fan, I think the forum name was Ridley, posted years ago with their own artwork?
    Those Ridleybradabout ones sound way better IMO. The 1995 DC one and Salt Lake shows they did up are absolute 🔥 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,343
    BF89905 said:
    Those Ridleybradabout ones sound way better IMO. The 1995 DC one and Salt Lake shows they did up are absolute 🔥 
    Thank you for following up. Have a good and healthy week everyone.
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 494
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Love the 95 tour!

A few years back My goal was to get a boot from each show of the tour.  They were on fire in 95.  
    I have a spindle of cd-r's with (i'm pretty sure) every show from the 95 tour if you're interested. i'd send it to you for the cost of shipping. no jewel cases or inserts, i made them myself. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    Thinking about that amazing tour year, I went down the rabbit hole and was checking the 93-94 tour details. Instead of making a new thread I figured I'd ask the show veterans here: it looks like a lot of venues from the 93-94 timeline were a lot smaller than I expected. I mentioned to a friend that they played the max bell in Calgary in 93, and he couldn't believe how small that venue was for Pearl Jam's stature. Were they already in "f@ck ticketmaster" mode, and were avoiding arenas? There are multiple venues from those years that are theatres, small arenas...weren't they a massive band? My muchmusic video days seem to insist that they were.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited October 2022
    My 1st and favorite as well

1.Act of Love (Neil Young cover)
    2.Go
    3.Last Exit
    4.Long Road
    5.Animal
    6.Tremor Christ
    7.Corduroy
    8.Jeremy
    9.Lukin
    10.Not For You
    11.Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    12.Why Go
    13.Even Flow
    14.Dissident
    15.Daughter
    16.State Of Love And Trust
    17.Rearviewmirror
    18.I Got Id
    19.Immortality
    20.Black
    21.Spin The Black Circle
    22.Alive
    Encore:
    23.Once
    24.Sonic Reducer
    (Dead Boys cover)
    25.Leaving Here
    (Edward Holland, Jr. cover)
    26.Better Man
    27.Talk About The Passion
    (R.E.M. cover)
    28.Whipping
    29.Porch
    Encore 2:
    30.Indifference
    My favorite:

Austin, my first. May not be the best overall performance, but you always remember your first
    Wow, that is one HELL of a setlist! I have never been present to see PJ do an REM song, would have LOVED to have heard Talk About the Passion, along with all these other amazing songs! And the energy... had to be off the charts for almost all of these shows. 
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    South Pacific.  The North America shows are awesome but it was such a crazy tour in terms of cancellations and rescheduling. 
    I think I’d agree. Plus there are already some good boots out there from the North American leg - Chicago (official) and SLC (unofficial) topping that list. Obviously, that Melbourne show is fantastic which makes me want even more.
  • Options
    rummy said:
    If you had to choose between the South Pacific shows and the North American shows from 1995, which would it be? In other words, from which of the two legs would you rather get a complete set of official bootlegs?
    South Pacific shows.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Jack. Jack. Jack. Jack Irons.

https://youtu.be/-RTz0JNxNEU

• Options
    LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 205
    Two nights at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Period.
  • Options
    musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
    Milwaukee 2.
    Weird but great...
  • Options

Next vault release should be one of those nights @ Red Rocks. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,281
    1995 Pacific Tour box set :prayer:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 205
    demetrios said:

I agree with that 100% demetrios.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

I agree with that 100% demetrios.

Hell yeah!  B)
  • Options

How amazing it would be if Pearl Jam & friends got together & jammed out on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio for a special event, like the Monkey Wrench Radio days.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,281
    demetrios said:

How amazing it would be if Pearl Jam & friends got together & jammed out on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio for a special event, like the Monkey Wrench Radio days.
    Oh yeah!... :flushed:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024