Options

New Album? Who Cares!

papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
edited January 2013 in The Porch
With the announcement of the two shows in July and soon-to-be fall shows, there doesn't seem to be much speculation (or complaining) about the release date for the next album.

Coming to Chicago, London, and a city (to be named later) near you...Pearl Jam!
:clap::clap::clap::clap: :wave: :thumbup:
Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BobbakBobbak Posts: 87
    I would like a to know when the new album will be release... Sooner than later if possible. :eh:
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    I do... but the excitement of a show in my neighborhood is a nice distraction.
  • Options
    im beyond fucking intrigued to hear what the new record is gonna sound like.

backspacer is my least favorite, but it wasn't all bad....there's some lessons to be learned (mostly from johnny guitar and force of nature)

but please, boys- leave shit like speed of sound and just breathe alone- you're better than that
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055

backspacer is my least favorite, but it wasn't all bad....there's some lessons to be learned (mostly from johnny guitar and force of nature)

but please, boys- leave shit like speed of sound and just breathe alone- you're better than that

Seriously? You didn't like Just Breathe? ok...
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    As much as I like seeing them every single time... i'd much rather have a new album!
  • Options
    TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    I care. Very much so.
  • Options

not sure if serious
  • Options

not sure if serious

Serious.
  • Options
    BobbakBobbak Posts: 87

I actually liked Johnny Guitar, lyrically I find it the song very easy to relate to, on top of that it's has a very awesome Rockin feel to it. :ugeek:
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720

LOL... backspacer is by far my least favorite PJ album... but i love speed of Sound... and its funny... because i only learned people didnt really like it when i posted somewhere on this board about how much i liked it. LOL.

Been a fan since 92... been to a ridiculous amount of shows since 1992... but im coming clean.

I LOVE SPEED OF SOUND.

ha! :P

(ps-excited for the new album to be eventually released... but im just being busy and excited about... TOUR!!!!)
  • Options
    Bobbak wrote:

I actually liked Johnny Guitar, lyrically I find it the song very easy to relate to, on top of that it's has a very awesome Rockin feel to it. :ugeek:

point i was making is that johnny guitar is an awesome song. interesting time c hanges, great musicianship....just an excellent song

we need more songs like that and got some on the next record

less shit like just breathe...i can't believe the guy above me likes that song.....i'm not talking to him anymore
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Bobbak wrote:

I like it too. I find backspacer is possibly the most divided among us fans. I love the first half of the record, but I cannot listen to the last four songs. Falls flat on its face with me.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I like Just Breathe and Speed of Sound also :lol: I also like Johnny Guitar. I don't like gonna see my friend and I used to like Got Some but that and the fixer haven't aged well for me at all. I agree that Force of Nature is awesome.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Bobbak wrote:

point i was making is that johnny guitar is an awesome song. interesting time c hanges, great musicianship....just an excellent song

less shit like just breathe...i can't believe the guy above me likes that song.....i'm not talking to him anymore

Lol, at least we can agree on Force of Nature. That and Unthought Known are my two favs on Backspacer.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    What a horrible thread title! I care about a new album more than anything.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I love over excitement

101-dalmations.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Bobbak wrote:

:lol:
    (the only song I really can't stand on BS is Super Sonic. Pee-U! The rest range from awesome to not bad)

In my excitement, I actually forgot they were even planning a new album. :lol: Now that you remind me, oh yeah! Looking forward to that! :) No hurry for me though. I'm patient.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata