Saxondale

SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody watch this show? It's not on anymore, had a 2 season run in '06-'07. I had heard of it and been meaning to watch it, just now finally getting around to it. They have it streaming on Netflix and I'm 7 episodes in and I've been crying from laughing so hard. Steve Coogan plays an out of shape old ex-roadie who toured with just about everybody except Led Zeppelin (which pisses him off when anybody asks if he toured with Zep) who is currently employed as a pest controller and constantly talks about the past and laments how music today isn't as good as it used to be. He also has a hate rager for Dido, he makes MANY references to his hatred of her, like talking to his assistant about why mice don't wise up to mouse traps when they see others killed, then compares it to people queuing up to see Dido.

Anyway, it's hilarious. If you have Netflix watch the first episode, it won't disappoint.

lge_Saxon_080118113202341_wideweb__300x300,1.jpg
saxondale460.jpg

Edit: Just heard something in an episode that made me die laughing. In the episode Saxondale gets extremely drunk and makes an ass of himself at a couples dinner. Later he is trying to get his girlfriend to accept an 80/20 or 90/10 share of the blame, because at one point in the dinner she brought up Folk Music, which he says to most people is "40 verses about crop failure sung by a bloke with hair like a Brillo Pad".
"See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"