Twilight Zone

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Thank you Netflix.

Woman goes to the 9th floor in a department store but there is no 9th floor. :corn:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Is it on Netflix?!?!?! Happy day! I loooooooove Twilight Zone...every New Years day I veg on the couch for like 12 hours watching the marathon haha
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Is it on Netflix?!?!?! Happy day! I loooooooove Twilight Zone...every New Years day I veg on the couch for like 12 hours watching the marathon haha
    Yep. Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 5. What happened to 4? Dodoodododododo
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wooooo! The one with the kid that runs the town always creeps me out...when he turns that guy into a jack in the box.....eeeeeek!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I was just forced to buy a Netflix account. Sweet!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Might have something to do with Season 4 episodes being almost an hour long, as opposed to a half hour like all the other seasons.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I was just forced to buy a Netflix account. Sweet!
    Some great episodes. I like that I can flick around the seasons and choose plots that I would like.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Might have something to do with Season 4 episodes being almost an hour long, as opposed to a half hour like all the other seasons.
    I read that. I guess a show was canceled and they made them an hour to fill in the empty slot
    Don't forget to watch Season 5, Ep. 3: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

tumblr_m3ua6t6UwC1qe8nwko1_500.gif
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movi ... id=3326467

monsters on maple st. a solid episode
    LloydXmas wrote:

Not bad, but a little silly. If I'm understanding it correctly, the aliens only affected that one street. Would they not be able to see/hear life going about normally on the other streets? Why did the guy with the hammer stay gone all day to check the next street over?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Jealous! I want Netflix, but I don't have the hardware I need for it, and have other things to spend my money on right now. But the twilight zone is awesome. My faves are the one where the earth freezes except for one person oy one second before the A-bomb lands in his town, and the one with the bookworm who survives the A-bomb and is happy everyone is dead and everything is destroyed because he just wants to read books in peace, and then he drops and breaks his glasses (that dude is a fucking weirdo). Some nice simple irony - that's what the twilight zone is best at.

Netix also has 21 Jump Street. That is actually why I want it. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    LloydXmas wrote:

Not bad, but a little silly. If I'm understanding it correctly, the aliens only affected that one street. Would they not be able to see/hear life going about normally on the other streets? Why did the guy with the hammer stay gone all day to check the next street over?
    silly indeed.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jealous! I want Netflix, but I don't have the hardware I need for it, and have other things to spend my money on right now. But the twilight zone is awesome. My faves are the one where the earth freezes except for one person oy one second before the A-bomb lands in his town, and the one with the bookworm who survives the A-bomb and is happy everyone is dead and everything is destroyed because he just wants to read books in peace, and then he drops and breaks his glasses (that dude is a fucking weirdo). Some nice simple irony - that's what the twilight zone is best at.

Yeah, that's a classic called "Time Enough At Last" starring a pre-Rocky Burgess Meredith.

timeenoughatlast.jpg

I think the only hardware you need is a computer and internet. I don't have anything fancy hooked up to mine, besides pretty decent internet.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah, that's a classic called "Time Enough At Last" starring a pre-Rocky Burgess Meredith.

timeenoughatlast.jpg

I think the only hardware you need is a computer and internet. I don't have anything fancy hooked up to mine, besides pretty decent internet.
    Yeah, I don't have a computer or the internet! :lol: I got rid of both when I got my smartphone and a data plan to save money. I am in front of a computer all day at work, so decided I didn't need more than the phone at home. Someday I'm sure I'll have a computer again, but it's not on my priority list. Would rather spend my extra money on vinyl and trips to Chicago and shit like that. :) ... but I DO regret not having Netflix. So one of these days I'll probably fold.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I see they don't have Star Trek up anymore. They used to have the complete original series streaming online. And MST3K isn't streaming anymore either, though not every episode was streaming. Now it appears only the movie is.

Some other good series streaming

Blue Mountain State
    Snuff Box
    The IT Crowd
    The Kids In The Hall
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    cool
    My butt itches!
  • Always watch the New Years Marathon (yes, I'm a loser. I don't like drunk drivers.). This year, my 4 sons watched it with me. My 5 year old now randomly says

I'm talking Tina, and you better be nice to me.

He's a boy,and I couldn't be prouder.

Telly Savalas. Classic.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Just watched "People Are Alike All Over", it's one of the main episodes I remember watching as a kid. I just realized that the astronaut is Roddy MacDowall. Astronaut, fearless vampire killer, ape, is there anything Roddy couldn't do? Besides surviving "Laserblast!", that is.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

The makeup might be cheesy, but this episode still is insanely creepy.
    LloydXmas wrote:

They were doing tests if I remember correctly and were planning on taking over the world. The hammer guy part was silly.

What about the other Shatner one with the coffee shop fortune teller? That one was super silly! Ha
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

They were doing tests if I remember correctly and were planning on taking over the world. The hammer guy part was silly.

What about the other Shatner one with the coffee shop fortune teller? That one was super silly! Ha

Fortune teller one is awesome! Will we ever leave this town?!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Yeah, that's what I gathered. Just makes me wonder why they didn't hear/see any other vehicles or the people from the rest of town who were supposedly going about their regular days with full power and all that. Especially once it became night and they're supposedly in pitch blackness. If they had set it in an out of the way community or something, but one street in the middle of town doesn't really give the story the sense of isolation it needs.
    Enkidu wrote:

The makeup might be cheesy, but this episode still is insanely creepy.
    I love that one! When they did the SNL skit, I almost died! :D
    Gotta good buzz going. Throwing on an episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_World_of_Difference
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Gotta good buzz going. Throwing on an episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_World_of_Difference

I don't recall ever seeing that episode. Might have to check it out. I'm checking out another show on Netflix right now though. Saxondale. Steve Coogan plays an old rock roadie from the 70's who is now living the less glamorous life of pest control. I'm only about half way through the first episode and I've had to stop it 3 times because I was laughing my ass off at something he said.

1190925000000-565059-Saxondale-1190213362437.jpg
    Just threw on a thing about machines
    Been watching it every night before bed. Great episodes lately
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

Aha
    A young Bill Shatner
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276