Options

Where to find somewhat cheap hostels/hotels near Wuhlheide, Berlin?

CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi all.
I really need some advice from you fellow (german) jammers.
I´m looking for a place to stay, we are 6 friends, looking for a place to stay during the PJ gig in september, not too far from the Wuhlheide hopefully.

Can anybody recommend a website or know any other links from where I could book something?
Thanks in advance...

rock on

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hi CharlieP,

you could try http://www.baxpax.de -> BaxPax Hostel in Skalitzer Strasse. Friends tried and were pleased... Going to Wuhlheide from there is really easy. Just step into Tram U15 at Görlitzer Bahnhof (close as 50-100m to the hostel) heading towards Warschauer Strasse, there switch to S3 heading towards Erkner. After 6 stations you will have reached Wuhlheide with the venue being as close as 700 m to the station.

Alternatively try http://hostel.riverside-lodge.de/ (which is, as it's name indicates, a hostel on a boat...). Has a good reputation. From there pick U8, heading towards Wittenau, at next stop (Kottbusser Tor) switch to S3 as above...

Enjoy, Marcus
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Thanks for the info. I'm going there too, so I also need some housing. :)
    Again, thanks.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    untitleduntitled Posts: 86
    thank you, GodIsInTheRadio. very useful information. i think i'm gonna book that hostel.

looks like this hostel is going to be full with pj fans on those dates. maybe i will be lucky to share a room with a pj fan. would be cool. see you there.
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
  • Options
    Cool :)
    A hostel of jammers...

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    untitleduntitled Posts: 86
    Cool :)
    A hostel of jammers...

Peace
    Dan

but would be cool don't you think? i would rather share a room with a jammer than with a teenage pop lover or a dendy from the city or whatever. so are you also staying in this hostel?
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad t.v.
  • Options
    untitled wrote:
    but would be cool don't you think? i would rather share a room with a jammer than with a teenage pop lover or a dendy from the city or whatever. so are you also staying in this hostel?

Yeah, me my girlfriend and a friend of mine with girlfriend are going. I just booked us a room for 4 on that hostel for the weekend :) So at least 4 Norwegian jammers on the premises... (Btw that was at the hostel hotel place. What a name! :))

Peace
    Dan