Should I stay or should I go? Its always tease tease tease..

shepshep Posts: 5,762
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Your indecisions buggin' me...

:lol:

On a more serious note:

What are all you others outside of Chicago doing for wrigley? I need to make up my mind this weekend, and I'm wondering what my fellow yokels in the AET are thinking with this rumor of a fall tour...

I assume it will probably be the usual run of east coast dates.... My concern is that the Gorge might be involved, and I am dying to go there... I've got special clearance for the GF to make that trip if it happens, but there's still $ + vacation days to consider..

Anyway, when I look into it, I can swing a plane ride from H-town and hotel for 2 nights (a nice hotel) for around $700... can probably do a little better with some more research and get 3 nights + plane for around $800... and I only need to use 4 hours of vacation on Friday due to my company's flex schedule

Only thing is I'm going back to chicago 2 weeks later for Lolla... it's an annual trip me and my buddies do every year... and every year the size of the crew grows... it's a lot of fun and I don't want to skip it...

So with all those costs and scenarios, what would you do?

C'mon people, I need input! I'm torn between going and holding out for fall dates.... help!
Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll be at wrigley......

and if there is a fall tour....i'd seriously consider the gorge or red rocks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I see what you are saying and my rationalization for going most likely wont help you. But...

1) I missed PJ20. Had approval from the wife and still didn't go. I wasn't missing this.
    2) been to a bunch of ballparks, never Wrigley. Could never see spending a ton of cash to see the Phillies play a series out there, at least not until the kids were older.
    3) I'm sure a fall tour will be near me. I'll only try for Philly / DC and hope for the best. That cost only involves tickets and gas.
    4) I missed PJ20, I'm not missing this
    5) it's Wrigley field! Some say its a dump, whatever. I'm a Phillies fan, grew up at Veterans Stadium. Dump, yep. Loved it anyway. Wrigley has to be better than The Vet.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    when PJ20 was announced, I spontaneously got tickets and it turned into a great road-trip vacation for us. for the Montana show, I ended up getting tickets in the very last round of sales and we were going to make that into a vacation, but had to cancel, luckily I was able to get the tickets to people from here that needed them.

This time, I am not sure if I want to make a vacation around a concert. Might just wait and see what the fall tour looks like.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I'm doing wrigley, but it's not too far away from me, so it's easy for me to get to.

If they play in Minnesota, I'll be at that too.
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    We already have a trip planned on the west coast during July, and will be in Seattle when PJ is in Canada. So much for stalking the band in their hometown. ;) As much as I love PJ I need to spend my 3 weeks at the ocean. We were lucky enough to go to Montana last fall, so we will wait and see what the fall brings.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,762
    I see what you are saying and my rationalization for going most likely wont help you. But...

1) I missed PJ20. Had approval from the wife and still didn't go. I wasn't missing this.
    2) been to a bunch of ballparks, never Wrigley. Could never see spending a ton of cash to see the Phillies play a series out there, at least not until the kids were older.
    3) I'm sure a fall tour will be near me. I'll only try for Philly / DC and hope for the best. That cost only involves tickets and gas.
    4) I missed PJ20, I'm not missing this
    5) it's Wrigley field! Some say its a dump, whatever. I'm a Phillies fan, grew up at Veterans Stadium. Dump, yep. Loved it anyway. Wrigley has to be better than The Vet.

yea, I missed PJ20 as well... wanted to go, but when the Canadian dates were announced I had to go... I have a lot of friends in the Toronto area, so my costs for travel went way down + I got to see some people I hadn't seen since the previous christmas or before...

I've got GF approval for this, and special approval for the gorge... If I do this show and the fall dates turn out to be east coast, I'm not going to be able to do any of those... that was just the agreement (unless fall dates are in November around thanksgiving, as we were planning to take the week off and visit somewhere in the northeast anyway... probably NYC as she's never been)...

I doubt the fall tour will come anywhere near Texas, as per usual... so basically this will be my only PJ show for the year if I commit... if i hold out for the northeast dates I might be able to snag 2 or 3 shows if the timing is right.... but for some reason a show at wrigley has a huge appeal to me... I've already seen shows at MSG and the Garden... and i'd probably try and avoid the shows closest to philly anyway... getting 10C tickets would be a crapshoot...

damn... too many factors at play here...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    guitar59 wrote:
    We already have a trip planned on the west coast during July, and will be in Seattle when PJ is in Canada. So much for stalking the band in their hometown. ;) As much as I love PJ I need to spend my 3 weeks at the ocean. We were lucky enough to go to Montana last fall, so we will wait and see what the fall brings.

I get my fill of the ocean at Christmas... Newfoundland is half way out in the middle of the atlantic, and when you're there, you're never more 10 miles from the ocean at any moment... (not that you'd be able to go to a beach - unless you wanted hypothermia of course)...
  • Just too cool a city/stadium/destination not to go. Always have a blast in Chicago and my wife likes it too.
    If tour includes east coast dates will go to MSG date(s) and Philly date(s). Money is always a consideration but it will just mean that I spend less on t-shirts, posters, boots, etc that I seem to be unable to avoid buying throughout every year.
    Would love to do Gorge if they do that again but time off work is really the biggest consideration. Chicago is perfect for that as I can get a direct flight Thursday night and fly back Sunday...only 1 day off work and a great party.
    Take what is in front of you now that you may not be able to take tomorrow. (Or whenever they announce the other US tour dates....never know what could block an expected trip then based on personal schedule, personal commitments, finances, etc....vs. the dates that PJ announces to be where you want to see them.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    I'm waiting for fall shows catch a few more and if they do the Gorge that would be a location i def would wan't to attend ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,803
    Im gonna do Wrigley, cant miss an "evening with" at a historic ballpark in one of the best cities in the U.S.

I will worry about the other shows when they are announced. I am hoping they play Japan. Still kicking myself for not going in 2003!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    Get_Right wrote:
    Im gonna do Wrigley, cant miss an "evening with" at a historic ballpark in one of the best cities in the U.S.

I will worry about the other shows when they are announced. I am hoping they play Japan. Still kicking myself for not going in 2003!

Damn now you have me really thinking about it ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Get_Right wrote:

Damn now you have me really thinking about it ..

I think I'm going to cave... I booked a hotel this afternoon... it's no strings attached if I cancel, so I figured "why not?" it's the first path down a long road (excuse the pun)...

Pretty sure I'm going to wind up throwing my name in the lottery for GA and lower bowl before the weekend is out... damn it i am so weak...
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    shep wrote:
    Your indecisions buggin' me...

On a more serious note:

What are all you others outside of Chicago doing for wrigley? I need to make up my mind this weekend, and I'm wondering what my fellow yokels in the AET are thinking with this rumor of a fall tour...

I assume it will probably be the usual run of east coast dates.... My concern is that the Gorge might be involved, and I am dying to go there... I've got special clearance for the GF to make that trip if it happens, but there's still $ + vacation days to consider..

Anyway, when I look into it, I can swing a plane ride from H-town and hotel for 2 nights (a nice hotel) for around $700... can probably do a little better with some more research and get 3 nights + plane for around $800... and I only need to use 4 hours of vacation on Friday due to my company's flex schedule

Only thing is I'm going back to chicago 2 weeks later for Lolla... it's an annual trip me and my buddies do every year... and every year the size of the crew grows... it's a lot of fun and I don't want to skip it...

So with all those costs and scenarios, what would you do?

C'mon people, I need input! I'm torn between going and holding out for fall dates.... help!

I calculated the expenses for all dates and festivals. Lollapalooza is supposedly amazing.
    But If given the choices you have, I think Red rocks would be the best. It's okay to hold out, and wait sometimes. I saw plane tix from Htown to Chicago for $188. Chicago twice in one month? I couldn't do it. If it's just a work thing, and not money.... pull those strings tight.

Best of luck!