Options

Unofficial Wrigley Attendee list

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    So looking for hotels (wanting to stay downtown - staying 4 days to check out Chicago if I go). Where is the best place to be to be in the city centre for a tourist? I keep seeing references to "the loop" and the mag mile. Is this the area I'd want to be? Thx!

the loop is mostly businesses, so it can get pretty quiet in that area on the weekends. if you do stay in the loop, stay at a hotel on either wacker drive (renaissance hotel), or state street (wit hotel).

mag mile/river north is probably your best bet. most "tourist" like things for you to do. bars, restaurants, shopping, river walk, navy pier, easy access to mass transit, etc.

check out the marriott on michigan ave or the courtyard marriott on hubbard street, both VERY centrally located and nice hotels (the courtyard just got a new lobby renovation, and the mag mile is a huge property in prime location).
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Grant Park area? Found a cheap (shitty) place right near there... Thx!

grant park is where they have lallo...it's by the muesum in the loop. that area is pretty dead at night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    I may or may not stay and museum hop the next day :think:

thanks in advance for buying a shot glass from the art muesum.

What?
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I recommend river north..if your in to food..drinking..and the streets crowded until the wee hrs of morning.....and very nice hotels.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

thanks in advance for buying a shot glass from the art muesum.

What?

if you go to the art muesum, buy a shot glass. :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Why?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Why?

the woman designed and sourced them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Why?

the woman designed and sourced them.

:|

Okay... I'll buy a shot glass
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    You should! Why not?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Me, the wifey and the kids are going. It'll be the kids' first PJ concert! :D
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

how old are they?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:

how old are they?

11 and 7.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:

how old are they?

11 and 7.

they are clearly too old to leverage for guitar picks. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i heard thru the grapevine that DS might attend. start rottening your eggs now. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    i heard thru the grapevine that DS might attend. start rottening your eggs now. :P

for sure I won't go now...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    81 wrote:

where has that cat been? was he 81'd?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

where has that cat been? was he 81'd?

he's been camping
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

for sure I won't go now...

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:

#MidgetToss
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I was in Chicago once. I met a guy named NuNu. Seemed like everyone knew him. He lived near Wrigley, and showed me a room in his apt that was covered with photos with celebrities. I asked if he ever met Eddie, and he laughs and proceeds over (on his rollerblades, indoors) over to a wall with a photo of him and Eddie. I wish I knew where NuNu was. Any chicago folks know NuNu?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I was in Chicago once. I met a guy named NuNu. Seemed like everyone knew him. He lived near Wrigley, and showed me a room in his apt that was covered with photos with celebrities. I asked if he ever met Eddie, and he laughs and proceeds over (on his rollerblades, indoors) over to a wall with a photo of him and Eddie. I wish I knew where NuNu was. Any chicago folks know NuNu?

This guy maybe?

http://nunupics.com/
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Cannot quite explain why this excites me so much more than Alpine ever did. Maybe because it came out of nowhere? Dunno...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,440
    JimmyV wrote:
    Cannot quite explain why this excites me so much more than Alpine ever did. Maybe because it came out of nowhere? Dunno...

this one seems very simple for those traveling.....wait for the lottery with no F5 drama, fly/drive to a big city, see a show that starts in the evening, and be done with it.
  • Options
    :fp: In the middle of booking a shitty hotel, my card came up as compromised and my card was cancelled. :evil: I wonder if that's what I get for trying a cheap-ass motel. Anyway, there were only a few rooms left, and I don't get a new card until Tuesday. Fucking irritating. Probably cost me $300.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :fp: In the middle of booking a shitty hotel, my card came up as compromised and my card was cancelled. :evil: I wonder if that's what I get for trying a cheap-ass motel. Anyway, there were only a few rooms left, and I don't get a new card until Tuesday. Fucking irritating. Probably cost me $300.

:x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    edited January 2013
    Mamasan23 wrote:

This guy maybe?

http://nunupics.com/

:shock: :shock: :o:mrgreen::D

Holy Shit!!! Thats him!
    It was the most surreal experience meeting this guy. I was with a friend and we were looking for tickets to a cubs game, and my buddy bumps into NuNu, (he knew NuNu already somehow :lol: tongue twister!) Nunu is one of those people with too much energy, but really fun... So, I faintly recall people smoking some crazy shit out of a 4 foot bong in his tiny apt and Nunu on rollerblades... and there's not a single empty space on the walls of his Apt because of all the photos with musicians...
    and then Nunu takes us for a drive to check on a friends apartment that he is house sitting for... some NFL player he said. But Nunu drove like it was his first time. I thought he was going to get us killed because he was so excited talking about how he was on stage with one of the Neville brothers, not watching the road.. then we find a bar and do shots and whatnot, then out of nowhere he just gives us for free these real nice tickets to the sold out cubs game that afternoon.. so weird, but so fun. :D

Thanks for finding that! do you know him, or just google it?? I wouldve never guessed i'd figure out what he was up to these days! one of the most memrable and interesting dudes ive ever met... too bad his website says he moved back to New Orleans (**edit, he didnt move, that was a quote on his website from someonel else).
    Post edited by JonnyPistachio on
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

this one seems very simple for those traveling.....wait for the lottery with no F5 drama, fly/drive to a big city, see a show that starts in the evening, and be done with it.

There is that for sure!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Flight booked. Lodging arranged.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:x
    Just dealt with the credit card company.

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I heard Oprah and Lance will be there