Options

Stay tuned

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    If it is indeed Wrigley, IMHO, one show could sell very well, but I am not sure if demand would warrant a second show.

i think you'd be suprised...although it coudl be a PJ night 1, other band night 2 sort of deal. but just about anybody decent can sell out that beer garden

1 Wrigley = 2 UCs in terms of capacity, eh?
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Guessing capacity would be similar to playing 2 nights at the United Center, because you'd lose the bleachers behind the stage. I'm sure a lot of people, non hardcore fans, would go to "be there" for the nostalgia.
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    If it is indeed Wrigley, IMHO, one show could sell very well, but I am not sure if demand would warrant a second show.

i think you'd be suprised...although it coudl be a PJ night 1, other band night 2 sort of deal. but just about anybody decent can sell out that beer garden
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

1 Wrigley = 2 UCs in terms of capacity, eh?

yes but...

you are going to get the PJ fans, the i wanna see a concert at wrigley fans, and the drunk beer garden fans. chicago will also pull fans from around the country.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    81 wrote:
    so i gotta wear a suit now. ok.
    Not only do you have to wear a suit...
    If they are playing Wrigley, it is 6-9 months away...

Yet people here, in this thread, have referred to this/these shows as Historic, and Epic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

does anyone here really believe that PJ is announcing a show in September, in January? :lol:

I mean didn't they announce PJ20 in like April or May?

shows gotta be sooner than 6-9 months knowing how this band functions...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kasedoug wrote:
    Guessing capacity would be similar to playing 2 nights at the United Center, because you'd lose the bleachers behind the stage. I'm sure a lot of people, non hardcore fans, would go to "be there" for the nostalgia.
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

you lose the bleachers, but gain a big chunk of the outfield
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yet people here, in this thread, have referred to this/these shows as Historic, and Epic.

does anyone here really believe that PJ is announcing a show in September, in January? :lol:

wrigley would be a different beast.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    shep wrote:

:lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:

wrigley would be a different beast.

If you say so sir...

so long as it's not the weekends of June 1, June 28, or August 16 I really don't care...

if it is, well then I'm going to catch an earful of shit for skipping someone's wedding... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

If Wrigley- May be different- they announced the Jason Aldean July show there sometime in 2012
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Not how the venue functions though. They've had that concert slot planned probably since the MLB schedule was published.
    shep wrote:

does anyone here really believe that PJ is announcing a show in September, in January?

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

Announcing a show for July in January..... ;)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Not how the venue functions though. They've had that concert slot planned probably since the MLB schedule was published.
    shep wrote:

does anyone here really believe that PJ is announcing a show in September, in January?

exactly. you have to plan Wrigley a bit more than say the united center.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    I agree with 81.....a stadium show gets sorted-out way in advance.....they need a few days before and after for set-up/tear-down, permits, etc. Also, they need to choose dates not too close to Lolla.

Gonna watch my cholesterol for a few months so I can scarf-down some steak & bread/butter in Chitown!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    stadium tour !
    seats and 10C tickets for everyone !

:thumbup:

how long until neily chimes in and complains they aren't playing yankee stadium :lol:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Probably in October since the Cubs suck
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    LloydXmas wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    stadium tour !
    seats and 10C tickets for everyone !

:thumbup:

how long until neily chimes in and complains they aren't playing yankee stadium :lol:

chicago is shit hole in the middle of no where. what the fuck am i suppose to do there. nothing to do, nothing to see. i'm going to my crib in the hamptons. :P

i'll buy him a beer (and drink it since he doesn't drink :P ) if he comes to town.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    You fuckers are all wrong!!! They clearly are gonna to attend this!! :fp:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=201511&start=240
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

rumor i'm hearing is the cubs are prepared to forfeight a few games to make this happen.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

look at what hte cat drug in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Not having a laptop is a bitch.....
  • Options
    Vedder Solo
    Sept 13-14
    Confirmed.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    jameslw13jameslw13 Posts: 144
    My bet is a July show. If you look at the cubs schedule... the allstar game is on 7/16, but the cubs are away from 7/15-7/29. I think 2 weeks would be enough. So I would say 7/19-7/20 or 7/26-7/27.

Already put in for vaca. This has to happen, just like pj20 had to happen.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I agree with 81.....a stadium show gets sorted-out way in advance.....they need a few days before and after for set-up/tear-down, permits, etc. Also, they need to choose dates not too close to Lolla.

Gonna watch my cholesterol for a few months so I can scarf-down some steak & bread/butter in Chitown!

Yeah..lolla is another factor..although perry is tight with the band..but yeah season ticket holders (mostly business) have dibs..salesmen get tix and shop them to all their clients..these clients know evenflow..jeremy..and alive and clog pisser lines for every other song...pre and post party will be better than show.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    Vedder Solo
    Sept 13-14
    Confirmed.

All Ukelele All The Time Tour 2013!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Vedder Solo
    Sept 13-14
    Confirmed.

All Ukelele All The Time Tour 2013!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    jameslw13 wrote:
    My bet is a July show. If you look at the cubs schedule... the allstar game is on 7/16, but the cubs are away from 7/15-7/29. I think 2 weeks would be enough. So I would say 7/19-7/20 or 7/26-7/27.

There already is a show there in July
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jameslw13 wrote:

Youre in the wrong month....
    Its September 13 and 14.....
  • Options
    Is that all this is gonna be? An announcement of one or two shows at Wrigley?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

:clap:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
This discussion has been closed.