Al Capone

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
i was reading his story today...

wondering how will do this gang thing in our era.....
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i was reading his story today...

wondering how will do this gang thing in our era.....
    What do you mean?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • i mean..his thing back then was smuggling,bootlegging liquor,Prostitution..

what about now?..like drug dealear,behind politicians and political games..

just wondering how he will do things today,if they will catch him,etc..

back at 20's-30's he control the city..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't know how well he would make out today. Most of his power came from Prohibition, which no longer exists. We could pretend he got involved with a modern black market, like drugs or something. But it's hard to imagine how all that would work out. I would imagine not too well though. Even in a time where law enforcement was pretty low-tech, and it would seem to be easier to get away with stuff, he still managed to spend most of his later life in prison.

By the way, if you've never seen the movie "The Untouchables" it's a good watch. Kevin Costner plays Elliott Ness and Robert DeNiro plays Al Capone. Sean Connery is in it as well. It's good stuff.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I don't know how well he would make out today. Most of his power came from Prohibition, which no longer exists. We could pretend he got involved with a modern black market, like drugs or something. But it's hard to imagine how all that would work out. I would imagine not too well though. Even in a time where law enforcement was pretty low-tech, and it would seem to be easier to get away with stuff, he still managed to spend most of his later life in prison.

By the way, if you've never seen the movie "The Untouchables" it's a good watch. Kevin Costner plays Elliott Ness and Robert DeNiro plays Al Capone. Sean Connery is in it as well. It's good stuff.
    yeah,gang crimes are different..
    and thanks,i think i never saw this movie..im not sure..ill check it..thanks
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    oAlso, he is one of the main characters in HBOs " Boardwalk Empire " .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    oAlso, he is one of the main characters in HBOs " Boardwalk Empire " .
    i start watching that show,im at 6th episode of 1st season,from there i took the thought and google to read about him..
    good show btw
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    if today al capone were alive & well full of modern day youthful vigor... whamo, he'd be running chicago again. and it would be fantastic for him & his men & women. al capone was basically a genius business man who was ruthless & did not fuck around. he was poor & worked his ass off on the streets moving this & that & doing this or that.

the dude had a book-keeper keeping track of his money, who owed & things all written in code & whatnot.
    al capone was a street thug CEO (chief-executive-officer)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    if today al capone were alive & well full of modern day youthful vigor... whamo, he'd be running chicago again. and it would be fantastic for him & his men & women. al capone was basically a genius business man who was ruthless & did not fuck around. he was poor & worked his ass off on the streets moving this & that & doing this or that.

the dude had a book-keeper keeping track of his money, who owed & things all written in code & whatnot.

I've always considered him more of a thug, who rose to heights that were sort of beyond his understanding. A genius businessman would have either paid his taxes or used loopholes and better hiding places to avoid being imprisoned for tax evasion. A genius businessman wouldn't have made moves that were bad for business based on personal vendettas and bad blood. He knew how to run a gang, that's for sure, but I don't think he was equipped to handle how big he got. At least that's what I gather from what I know. I'm not an expert on the guy. All I know comes from History Channel (by the way, Al might also be an ancient alien) and The Untouchables.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:

I've always considered him more of a thug, who rose to heights that were sort of beyond his understanding. A genius businessman would have either paid his taxes or used loopholes and better hiding places to avoid being imprisoned for tax evasion. A genius businessman wouldn't have made moves that were bad for business based on personal vendettas and bad blood. He knew how to run a gang, that's for sure, but I don't think he was equipped to handle how big he got. At least that's what I gather from what I know. I'm not an expert on the guy. All I know comes from History Channel (by the way, Al might also be an ancient alien) and The Untouchables.
    true all very true. he was an idiot actually. a genius street thug? a mean prick who shoulda used his brains but he never had many

there... sounds better
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

true all very true. he was an idiot actually. a genius street thug? a mean prick who shoulda used his brains but he never had many

there... sounds better

Let's combine this thread with the "Shit Your Dad Says" thread, and just say Al was a good gangster who got "a little too big for his britches".
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    The cartel does a pretty decent job at it... Except they make their power known by cutting off heads
  • :)