rant about a thing

walkintoyourgardenwalkintoyourgarden Posts: 332
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
i am so frustrated with finding jobs. i've applied literally everywhere in this city numerous times and get nothing back. and then the 1 time i get called for an interview, i don't get the job because they want someone with "experience". well damn, sorry i just graduated from high school and preferred to focus on that, rather than getting a job. and it was at pier 1 for fucks sake, what sort of experience am i truly lacking when all you do is work at a cash register and ask rich people if they need help? i've even applied to volunteer and got nothing back. and i call to make sure they received my app & everything. i drive around the city and stop in every store/ business asking if they're hiring and blah blah blah. i need money to get through college damn it, and also for this possible pearl jam tour since i strongly doubt they will come anywhere near here lol. am i doing something wrong? am i missing something? is there a special code i need to put on my applications that make them hire me? people i know who are far less "qualified" than me are even getting hired like, what the fuck?

sorry, i am just so annoyed with this thing and wanted to vent somewhere so yeah i am done now okay bye :twisted:
11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
7/19/13 Wrigley
11/19/13 Phx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sorry for this...wish you good luck to the next time..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • sorry for this...wish you good luck to the next time..

7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Is it just as hard to find a job anywhere else, or is it that bad here? i'm aware on how shitty the economy is, but from what i heard, it's REALLY hard here... my friend's dad had to move to AZ to get a job.
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    gotta go where the work is.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• klusterfuk wrote:
    gotta go where the work is.

if i could, i would get out of this place asap.
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Is it just as hard to find a job anywhere else, or is it that bad here? i'm aware on how shitty the economy is, but from what i heard, it's REALLY hard here... my friend's dad had to move to AZ to get a job.
    in my country,,is so bad..so no,,i think must be better there
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    in my country,,is so bad..so no,,i think must be better there

oh, yeah greece... i heard it was very bad :( sorry about that
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    I don't know if it's better in the USA, but nowadays it's definitely hard to find a job everywhere around the globe. You got to have a very good CV. That means, despite the qualifications (undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, foreign languages, work experience etc.) to present yourself as well as possible (i.e you got to have some interests outside your field and you also need to be sociable, cooperative and active all the time and show them all these aspects of your character with your CV). So yes, a good CV is pretty much everything you really need. However, you're very young so don't be disappointed so easily. Good luck with your applications!

P.S: I have applied for many PhD scholarships and am still waiting. I never gave up. I just purchase my dream.

If you really believe in the power of your dreams, the future is yours. - Eleanor Roosevelt
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • wow not even a week after posting this but after 8 months of job searching, I HAVE FINALLY BEEN HIRED! at dairy queen. :D
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • wow not even a week after posting this but after 8 months of job searching, I HAVE FINALLY BEEN HIRED! at dairy queen. :D
    wow!!awesome!!!great news..i hope never again need to search for work! :)
    wow!!awesome!!!great news..i hope never again need to search for work! :)

:D
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    wow not even a week after posting this but after 8 months of job searching, I HAVE FINALLY BEEN HIRED! at dairy queen. :D

Congratulations! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024