Options

Chris Cornell meet & greet for charity + signed stuff

SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
edited January 2013 in Lost Dogs
For all you Chris/Soundgarden fans. Chris' official twitter account tweeted this:

Buy 2 tix to sold-out @Soundgarden tour + meet & greet with me! Proceeds will go to charity to benefit vulnerable kids. http://luminarylane.com/celebrity/chris-cornell

Prices aren't bad considering what we pay for PJ! I'm not convinced the one-on-one will be all that worth it (and trust me I'm a huge Chris Cornell fan) but the pick and setlist seem doable! Just can't pick setlist but maybe if a few folks here go in for the setlist we can trade amongst each other (can I call Hammerstein 1/22 if anyone gets it?) :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,899
    Yeah, I emailed to ask if it's a certain set list or if you could kindly request a specific one but haven't heard back. The one pictured looks like it's from the Fonda 11/27/12. I was at that show so I'd definitely do that. It's a little bit of a stretch to my budget but if I was getting that one guaranteed, I'd definitely make it happen. :D

The signed pick is even more doable. Nice to see Chris doing this.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Yeah, I emailed to ask if it's a certain set list or if you could kindly request a specific one but haven't heard back. The one pictured looks like it's from the Fonda 11/27/12. I was at that show so I'd definitely do that. It's a little bit of a stretch to my budget but if I was getting that one guaranteed, I'd definitely make it happen. :D

The signed pick is even more doable. Nice to see Chris doing this.
    I purchased and then emailed and asked if they could send me a specific one, and then proceeded to list all the shows I wanted. No response either but I figured if it happens it would be a nice surprise. If not, I'm OK with it or maybe I can sell to someone else who wants it. But yeah, the signed pick is definitely doable.

I can't bring myself to do the meet and greet, I just thing I'll be horrible disappointed and somehow the whole experience of "meeting Chris" will be tainted. I'd much rather it happen organically even though chances of that are slim to none. I did run into Stone in Prague so that gives me hope. That, plus other people and their run-in stories. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Oh wow. The set lists and picks are already sold out.

And even a lot of dates for the Meet & Greets!
  • Options
    And oh wow, got a response saying they will look into my setlist request. Fingers crossed :mrgreen: Not expecting anything but it's nice that someone even bothered to write back.

And the meet & greet's sold out for Hammerstein shows. Phew! Although now I'm sure people will rave about how awesome it was and there were only like 10 people backstage with Chris and then I'm going to kick myself for not jumping on it
  • Options
    Nice. I just got an automated response thanking me for my purchase (I didn't buy anything) and that they would get back to me. Hope that you get one of the set lists you're looking for because I believe they're personalized!

Hopefully with the response they got they'll open up more. Could only help the charity more, right? Would love to get the Fonda set list. I'd consider the Meet & Greet if I had the money, since the pit tickets alone at the Wiltern are $100. It'd "only" be only $275 more for the M&G but that'd also require finding somebody to pick up the other $375 which I doubt I'd find.

M&G's could go both ways. Just depends on the artist and how many people. I've only done one but it was awesome. Chad Smith of the Chili Peppers did a free M&G for 40-50 people in Vegas on NYE for his drum iPhone app. I thought with that many people he'd just rush through, signing stuff, taking pics, and then a brief Q&A. He really took his time with each person though, chatting for a couple minutes, signing, and taking pics. Then did over a half hour Q&A. It ended up being really cool and the show that night was great.
    Suziemay wrote:
    And oh wow, got a response saying they will look into my setlist request. Fingers crossed :mrgreen: Not expecting anything but it's nice that someone even bothered to write back.

And the meet & greet's sold out for Hammerstein shows. Phew! Although now I'm sure people will rave about how awesome it was and there were only like 10 people backstage with Chris and then I'm going to kick myself for not jumping on it
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Nice. I just got an automated response thanking me for my purchase (I didn't buy anything) and that they would get back to me. Hope that you get one of the set lists you're looking for because I believe they're personalized!

Hopefully with the response they got they'll open up more. Could only help the charity more, right? Would love to get the Fonda set list. I'd consider the Meet & Greet if I had the money, since the pit tickets alone at the Wiltern are $100. It'd "only" be only $275 more for the M&G but that'd also require finding somebody to pick up the other $375 which I doubt I'd find.

M&G's could go both ways. Just depends on the artist and how many people. I've only done one but it was awesome. Chad Smith of the Chili Peppers did a free M&G for 40-50 people in Vegas on NYE for his drum iPhone app. I thought with that many people he'd just rush through, signing stuff, taking pics, and then a brief Q&A. He really took his time with each person though, chatting for a couple minutes, signing, and taking pics. Then did over a half hour Q&A. It ended up being really cool and the show that night was great.
    Suziemay wrote:

Yeah, hopefully they will do more. Chris seems to be putting himself out there a lot. I think he's really enjoying the spotlight now that he's in a better place. I love it. For not being a huge Soundgarden fan, I feel like I've had so many more intimate experiences with Chris Cornell and Soundgarden than I've had with Ed and Pearl Jam which is nuts!

I think I'll never be happy with a meet & greet, because my expectations are too high. I also love hearing stories about people running into band members, and I feel the experience is much more genuine. At meet & greets, they are playing a role, although to be fair Chris is probably just himself as are Ed and PJ. I on the other hand will be a train wreck with all that anticipation. I might throw up on his shoes then pass out :D Plus depending on how many people are there, I will probably not even get much time since I'm sure others would be much more aggressive than me and I will end up feeling bad for the guy and then not say much. I'm also not sure what I would say, other than I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! And that would just be a waste of an experience.

Overthink much? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    ok how about this: i'll split the difference of the meet & greet so you pay $350 & get to see soundgarden + if you get a friend to go & split it with him then its only $175 .
    all i want is for you to take a poster with you(that i'll send you) so you can get them to sign it. piece of cake.let me know asap
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,591
    I've been looking for tickets to the show in Minneapolis and this would be an great way to get in to the show! Now only if I can convince my girlfriend its a good idea to drop $750 on a Soundgarden show... :lol:
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    eyecanwalk wrote:
    ok how about this: i'll split the difference of the meet & greet so you pay $350 & get to see soundgarden + if you get a friend to go & split it with him then its only $175 .
    all i want is for you to take a poster with you(that i'll send you) so you can get them to sign it. piece of cake.let me know asap
    Sorry, I wouldn't want to bring a poster to a GA show, plus I'm still not convinced I'm into meet & greets. In any case, my shows are sold out but hopefully you find someone else to help. I think there are other shows on the tour that are seated. Good luck.
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:
    I've been looking for tickets to the show in Minneapolis and this would be an great way to get in to the show! Now only if I can convince my girlfriend its a good idea to drop $750 on a Soundgarden show... :lol:
    What is it people always say? Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission? :D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    jeff2040 wrote:

I'm not sure she would buy that, she already thinks I spend too much on Pearl Jam! :?
    In no faith
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    jeff2040 wrote:

I'm not sure she would buy that, she already thinks I spend too much on Pearl Jam! :?
    Seems hypocritical of me to try and convince you, since I decided a meet & greet isn't worth it to me but seems like you really want to go plus it gets you a ticket to the show. If you really want to go I think you should do it. Chris and SG are really kicking ass. I've seen Chris solo and Soundgarden about 3-4 times each in the last 2 years and they've killed it each time, and in fact get better each time. If this is your chance to see them, I say do it!!!

If you don't care for the meet & greet, keep checking TM, tickets might drop. Or Stub Hub too, I know NYC ticket prices are not doing so good on Stub Hub. Dumb scalpers.
  • Options
    Well the Minneapolis meet & greet is gone so that makes my decision easier!
    In no faith
  • Options
    Would do it but L.A.'s already sold out for all three nights.
    eyecanwalk wrote: