Options

Burning FLAC

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I downloaded a show in FLAC but have no idea how to put it onto a CD. Last time, I just downloaded "FLAC Frontend" and it worked fine. Now when I try to decode my files it says "Run-Time error '75': Path/File access error".

Can anyone help me out?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Not sure if you have Itunes or not, but here is how I download shows. I will open each FLAC file (song) through Itunes and it converts to a MP3 file. Once you have this, you simply burn the show to a cd.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    drew0 wrote:
    I downloaded a show in FLAC but have no idea how to put it onto a CD. Last time, I just downloaded "FLAC Frontend" and it worked fine. Now when I try to decode my files it says "Run-Time error '75': Path/File access error".

Can anyone help me out?

try downloading FLAC Frontend again and reinstall it ? if that doesn't work maybe your downloaded files are corrupted in some way...?

FLAC files will unpack to WAVs which you can burn with any half-decent CD burning package.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    To the original poster: make sure you unzip the files you downloaded (if they're in a zip file) before running them through FLAC. FLAC might have trouble decoding them if they're still in the .zip file, even though windows treats it like a regular folder.
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Not sure if you have Itunes or not, but here is how I download shows. I will open each FLAC file (song) through Itunes and it converts to a MP3 file. Once you have this, you simply burn the show to a cd.

That is a horrible way to do it. The reason for FLAC is that it's lossless, meaning an exact digital copy. When you make it an mp3 you make it a lossy copy, meaning you've lost parts of the audio (although you most likely can't tell) when it was encoded.

If you go through the extra time (FLAC files are bigger) and extra money (FLAC boots from the 10c cost more) to download FLAC, just download and install the FLAC Frontend (it's free). Then decode the files to .wav and make a CD.
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    google "Nero FLAC plugin."

download plug-in file.

use Nero to burn FLACs to CD.

Obiwon, you are flushing $ (and quality) down the toilet.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    use TOAST, burn audio CD, its that easy
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    JasonAZJasonAZ Posts: 11
    WinAmp and Mediamonkey work also, and are free. Like in a earlier reply, don't convert to MP3 and then burn. You'll lose significant sound quality.
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:

Oh dear lord.
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    It'd be great if they had a way to listen to flac files on iPod in lossless format. I guess, maybe using Frontend as the middle man?

They do, it's called [url=http://www.rockbox.org[/b]Rockbox[/url] - replacement firmware for you iPod (and a bunch of other mp3 players, too).

I have it on my iRiver H340 and it's great.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    It'd be great if they had a way to listen to flac files on iPod in lossless format. I guess, maybe using Frontend as the middle man?

there are also more and more mp3 players that play FLAC. check out anythingbutipod.com.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?