Shrinkage

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Subways foot long subs may be a few inches short!
I saw on the news this morning that its gone viral, and many more people have added pictures of short subs..
So, ladies, if your hoagie doesnt add up, get your camera phone ready and put it online..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... p_ref=food

He got it made at Subway -- and it didn't measure up.

Australian Subway customer Matt Corby took a tape measure to the sandwich chain's vaunted Footlong and complained in a post on Subway's Facebook page that it was an inch short.

Now he has an army of of sandwich sympathizers, Gawker pointed out Wednesday. The page is full of comments about the supposedly length-challenged hoagies while collecting more than 100,000 "Likes."

Several readers snickered that Subway wouldn't be the first to boast that it has a footlong when perhaps it is a jalapeno or two short.

"If I'm paying for a footlong sub that they so annoyingly advertise, then I want a footlong sub," Reggie Martinez wrote. "And to all others, yes it does matter."

A Subway spokesman told The Huffington Post in an email that the company aims for consistency. "We have seen the photo you referenced of a Subway sandwich that looks like it doesn’t meet our standards," the rep wrote. "We always strive for our customers to have the most positive experience possible, and we believe this was an isolated case in which the bread preparation procedures were unfortunately not followed." (For the complete statement, see below.)

The New York Post noted that one popular explanation for the discrepancy is that a toasted sub shrinks while a cold one remains the same length.

Even beyond its alleged truth-in-advertising problem, Subway can't seem to catch a break these days. It can't even keep ketchup off the menu without catching flak for it. Police were called to a Orlando, Fla., outlet recently when a customer got upset after being told there was no ketchup for his Philly cheesesteak. The Subway worker behind the counter allegedly challenged the man to a fight and was fired.

Imagine what might have happened if the customer had discovered the sandwich was 11 inches.

Subway's statement to HuffPost:
"As you know, all of our sandwiches are made to order, and our bread is baked daily in every one of our more than 38,000 restaurants in 100 countries worldwide. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that our products are consistent and have the same great taste no matter which Subway restaurant you visit.
We have seen the photo you referenced of a Subway sandwich that looks like it doesn’t meet our standards. We always strive for our customers to have the most positive experience possible, and we believe this was an isolated case in which the bread preparation procedures were unfortunately not followed."

r-SUBWAY-FOOTLONG-FACEBOOK-large570.jpg?6
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Is this JUST for ladies? :P

(and you know my first thought was the Hamptons episode!)

When the product is a satisfyingly good size to begin with, an extra inch isn't gonna make much of a difference.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I would have been pissed too if they didn't have ketchup for my cheesesteak. :x
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I always thought girth meant more than length.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    hedonist wrote:

When the product is a satisfyingly good size to begin with, an extra inch isn't gonna make much of a difference.
    :lol::lol::lol:

I think we might share a brain. That's the first thing I thought of too.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • hedonist wrote:

:D I was afraid my thread title would be too misleading and unrepresentative. But if there's more general consensus that that type of shrinkage is more important that subway shrinkage, then by all means, this thread is open to interpretation and its ok by me to take a turn in any direction..

In terms of subway, I want all my inches, and all the meat and crap thats supposed to go with it!

And its ALWAYS good when a Seinfeld reference is apparent.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I always thought girth meant more than length.

I go to a wrap place that makes them girthy. But as men, we'll never really know what is best. I hope.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I've always said, " if your not satisfied, help your self to a finger sandwich".
    John Roach
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    If it's supposed to be a footlong, it's supposed to be a fucking footlong.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    If it's supposed to be a footlong, it's supposed to be a fucking footlong.

that's why I bill myself out as 7.5" and not 8.....

wait... what are we talking about here? :oops:

:lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • i would still have eaten that sandwich - i don't care where the tape measurer had previously been ..... wait a second :shock: :sick:
  • i would still have eaten that sandwich - i don't care where the tape measurer had previously been ..... wait a second :shock: :sick:

:lol::lol:
    Cant be any worse than where those employess hands have been..
    i would still have eaten that sandwich - i don't care where the tape measurer had previously been ..... wait a second :shock: :sick:

They wear gloves :nono:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I always wondered if those sandwiches were 12 inches. I only get the vegetarian one with lots of pickles, I'm going to see if those sandwiches measures up to me. :mrgreen:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

They wear gloves :nono:

That is true. You got me there. so why do I feel so dirty when I eat a subway sub? must be in my head.
    g under p wrote:
    I always wondered if those sandwiches were 12 inches. I only get the vegetarian one with lots of pickles, I'm going to see if those sandwiches measures up to me. :mrgreen:

Peace

:shock: Dang mister! career change!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    It was in the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

What?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Mamasan23 wrote:

What?
    This dude's words :D
    feld7.jpg
    hedonist wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

What?
    This dude's words :D
    feld7.jpg

:lol: I was just about to post the exact same pic 8-)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Oh another Seinfeld bit I'll never get because I don't ever watch Seinfeld

Your loss!
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Your loss!

Can't stand it
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Are those Hampton tomatoes?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Your loss!

Can't stand it
    Best comedy ever!
    mca47 wrote:
    Best comedy ever!

Not even close
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca47 wrote:
    Best comedy ever!

Not even close
    Care to enlighten me?
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Best comedy ever!

Not even close
    Care to enlighten me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkG_0hyIoc
    mca47 wrote:
    Best comedy ever!

Not even close

No Seinfeld, no Impractical Jokers. Grasshopper, you need to pull that stick outta your ass.

Kidding kidding!!! :D
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Best comedy ever!

Not even close

No Seinfeld, no Impractical Jokers. Grasshopper, you need to pull that stick outta your ass.

Kidding kidding!!! :D

How did that get up there...

:lol: