Big League Chew

smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
saw some big league chew in the convenience story tonight and had to pick some up probably the best gum ever

been chewing a wad for about 20 minutes and its still flavourable

you can blow some serious bubbles with this stuff

did you know it was banned in Canada for years because it resembled chewing tobacco so closely :lol::lol:
1998 ~ Barrie
2003 ~ Toronto
2005 ~ London, Toronto
2006 ~ Toronto
2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Detroit
2019 - Chicago X 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I loved that stuff as a kid!!!!!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    the little dive bar I go to has a little snack rack which has chips/pretzels...stuff you'd expect. I'm down there one day and they have a box of Big League Chew ?!? Ask Adam the barkeep to grab me a pack. Stuff is great.

That was before the kids started little league. I grab a bag per game.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    having a big league sized grizzly right now

:lol:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    smarchee wrote:
    did you know it was banned in Canada for years because it resembled chewing tobacco so closely :lol::lol:

I didn't know that. I think they banned candy cigarettes in the U.S. for a while. It seems like in the late 90's or so they were banned. A Google search tells me they're no longer banned, but I haven't seen any in ages. I see Big League Chew all over though. I loved that stuff growing up.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    smarchee wrote:

I didn't know that. I think they banned candy cigarettes in the U.S. for a while. It seems like in the late 90's or so they were banned. A Google search tells me they're no longer banned, but I haven't seen any in ages. I see Big League Chew all over though. I loved that stuff growing up.

I have a pack of candy cigarettes.

This is the pack right here

261842165804668419_jntELvK8_b.jpg
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    smarchee wrote:

I have a pack of candy cigarettes.

This is the pack right here

261842165804668419_jntELvK8_b.jpg

I want to be just like Dad :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    edited January 2013
    smarchee wrote:

I want to be just like Dad :lol:

Isn't that hilarious? :lol:

I was at Pike Place Market in Seattle and had to pick it up. Got a Sigmund Freud action figure as well. :lol:
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    smarchee wrote:

I saw some candy cigs while in Salem MA. They were even in the mock packs. I remember them tasting like chalk. I imagine they do not taste any better today.
    My butt itches!
    I remember the Popeye candy cigarettes

hard_candy_popeye_sticks_cigarettes_red__11998_std.jpg

I remember my father not liking me buying this as a kid lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    DURP wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

I saw some candy cigs while in Salem MA. They were even in the mock packs. I remember them tasting like chalk. I imagine they do not taste any better today.

There were two kinds. There was that chalky kind you're talking about that you just ate, and there was the bubble gum kind. It was basically a piece of bubble gum shaped like a cigarette, and wrapped in a piece of paper. It had powdered sugar between the paper and gum so you could blow on it and "smoke" would come out. In both cases they were nasty to me. The gum kind was one notch below baseball card gum, and the candy cigarettes were, as you said, chalky. But when you were a kid, you got the bottle of IBC root beer (which came in the real looking beer bottle) and some candy cigarettes, and you were the baddest kid on the playground.
    DURP wrote:

There were two kinds. There was that chalky kind you're talking about that you just ate, and there was the bubble gum kind. It was basically a piece of bubble gum shaped like a cigarette, and wrapped in a piece of paper. It had powdered sugar between the paper and gum so you could blow on it and "smoke" would come out. In both cases they were nasty to me. The gum kind was one notch below baseball card gum, and the candy cigarettes were, as you said, chalky. But when you were a kid, you got the bottle of IBC root beer (which came in the real looking beer bottle) and some candy cigarettes, and you were the baddest kid on the playground.

And today you can get those same candies and root beer but if you have the fake arm sleeve tatoos you're straight out of San Quinton and the swing set is your's for life.
    My butt itches!
    It was basically a piece of bubble gum shaped like a cigarette, and wrapped in a piece of paper. It had powdered sugar between the paper and gum so you could blow on it and "smoke" would come out.

oh yeah I remember that, lol, I loved those gum cigarettes with powdered sugar so it looked like smoke
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    It was basically a piece of bubble gum shaped like a cigarette, and wrapped in a piece of paper. It had powdered sugar between the paper and gum so you could blow on it and "smoke" would come out.

oh yeah I remember that, lol, I loved those gum cigarettes with powdered sugar so it looked like smoke

Yeah but you could only get one maybe two "puffs" out of it. Satan is right about the taste it was a notch below the baseball card gum which is sad when you think about it.

Anyone remember the beef jerky that came in cans that look like the Skoal cans?
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Yeah but you could only get one maybe two "puffs" out of it. Satan is right about the taste it was a notch below the baseball card gum which is sad when you think about it.

Anyone remember the beef jerky that came in cans that look like the Skoal cans?

Jerky chew is disgusting!

Real-Beef-Jerky-Chew.jpg

Yes it is.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:

Real-Beef-Jerky-Chew.jpg

Yes it is.

Yeah, truly nasty. I like beef jerky, but whoever invented that shit should be tried for war crimes.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    you should try to get the whole bag in your mouth
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Big League Chew is the shit. Used to always have a cheek full of either that or Now and Laters at all times when playing ball. :lol:
  • LloydXmas wrote:

I cant believe its still around!
    reminds me of this stuff too:

fundip_15oz.jpg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Love the stuff, especially Ground Ball Grape. But can't resist the urge to swallow it after about 5 minutes
    LloydXmas wrote:

fundip_15oz.jpg

Had two boxes of fun dip earlier this year!
    DURP wrote:

Real-Beef-Jerky-Chew.jpg

Yes it is.

Yeah, truly nasty. I like beef jerky, but whoever invented that shit should be tried for war crimes.

I like beef jerky as well! Shame!
  • Grape Big League Chew is the best!

it was always fun to stuff the whole pack in your mouth right in front of your friend who didnt have any and hoped you would share.
  • Love the stuff, especially Ground Ball Grape. But can't resist the urge to swallow it after about 5 minutes
    I have the same problem...
    ... oh wait, we're talking about GUM!

(rim shot)

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    LloydXmas wrote:

fundip_15oz.jpg

:shock: :shock: I LOVED fun dip!!!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

fundip_15oz.jpg

:shock: :shock: I LOVED fun dip!!!! :lol:

Damn... wish I would have known. My mom gave me two boxes full of them.

I threw most of them away.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

Damn... wish I would have known. My mom gave me two boxes full of them.

I threw most of them away.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

BLASPHEMY!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Grape Big League Chew is the best!

it was always fun to stuff the whole pack in your mouth right in front of your friend who didnt have any and hoped you would share.

:lol::lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2