Women drivers

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/wo ... 05523.html
Put too much faith in technology and you may wind up in Croatia. A 67-year-old woman from Belgium learned that the hard way after she followed (faulty) directions from her GPS device.

The woman only wanted to go about 90 miles from her hometown of Hainault Erquelinnes, Belgium, to pick up a friend at the Brussels train station. Her GPS device sent her about 900 miles to the south before (during the second day of driving) she realized that something was amiss. It's unclear if she entered the address incorrectly or if the GPS was faulty.

Gizmodo explains that the driver, Sabine Moreau, stopped twice for gas, slept on the side of the road, and "even suffered a minor car accident" along the way. She told El Mundo that she wasn't paying attention.

I was distracted, so I kept driving. I saw all kinds of traffic signs, first in French, then German and finally in Croatian, but I kept driving because I was distracted. Suddenly I appeared in Zagreb and I realized I wasn't in Belgium anymore.

The lesson here: If you start seeing road signs in (multiple) foreign languages, pull over. You're probably going the wrong way.

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    What a fucking idiot
  • her GPS punk'd her.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    What a fucking idiot
    There ya go.

It's not "women", it's non-attention-paying idiots who shouldn't be driving in the first place.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    hedonist wrote:
    What a fucking idiot
    There ya go.

It's not "women", it's non-attention-paying idiots who shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Of course... 81's just trying to play the old joke.

:nono:

:D
  • Not nearly as dumb as that dumb ass woman driver a few years back. She was driving her Motorhome or RV or whatever the fuck you call it. She put the fucker in cruise control, went in the back to make a sandwich or something, the fucking thing went off the road of course and then she sued. Stupid honkey.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't buy the "distracted"/"not paying attention" excuse. Two days, 900 miles, and various countries traveled through, and she never snapped out of it? If she was aware enough to follow her GPS (as wrong as it was), have the presence of mind to fuel her vehicle, etc, then she should have had the presence of mind to know something was wrong. If she were THAT distracted, I would think she would have run out of gas, but she fueled up twice. I think the poor thing just isn't that bright.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Not nearly as dumb as that dumb ass woman driver a few years back. She was driving her Motorhome or RV or whatever the fuck you call it. She put the fucker in cruise control, went in the back to make a sandwich or something, the fucking thing went off the road of course and then she sued. Stupid honkey.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    :lol::lol: :fp:
    I think the poor thing just isn't that bright.

Also, inside European Union you don't have any border control, but we (Croatia) still aren't part of EU, so when you're crossing the border you have to show passport/some kind of ID. That should, at least, be a clue that you're not in EU any more! ..... Does she turn around? No, she continues to Zagreb!? :? :fp:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    zagi wrote:

Also, inside European Union you don't have any border control, but we (Croatia) still aren't part of EU, so when you're crossing the border you have to show passport/some kind of ID. That should, at least, be a clue that you're not in EU any more! ..... Does she turn around? No, she continues to Zagreb!? :? :fp:

so she was either really dumb, or she really wanted some attention.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Nothing like being a dumbass and a bad driver.
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    81 wrote:
    zagi wrote:

so she was either really dumb, or she really wanted some attention.

if i was that dumb, i sure wouldn't want the whole world to know about it :oops:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    :fp: :fp: hell...i'm not even that bad with directions...but then Dug would never get me that lost...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....