Options

Was Pearl Jam being in Zagreb a big deal around the city?

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I mean was it hyped up around the city and in the media etc? I know they've never played there before and I don't think a ton of mainstream bands play there that often.

I used to be in the Air Force and did a TDY to Sarajevo. While I was there I went to Split, Croatia for a weekend. It was such a nice place. I'd like to go back there some time. On my way back home from Sarajevo, I flew into somewhere in Croatia and there were flyers all over the place about the Rolling Stones playing in Zagreb. This was back in 1998.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    57Goldtop wrote:
    I mean was it hyped up around the city and in the media etc? I know they've never played there before and I don't think a ton of mainstream bands play there that often.

I used to be in the Air Force and did a TDY to Sarajevo. While I was there I went to Split, Croatia for a weekend. It was such a nice place. I'd like to go back there some time. On my way back home from Sarajevo, I flew into somewhere in Croatia and there were flyers all over the place about the Rolling Stones playing in Zagreb. This was back in 1998.
    Dunno, I guess. Same as when everyone else comes to town, Id say.
    But the Stones had more media interested i think...Pearl Jam was fair.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    i think they got a fair bit of promo. there was a radio special, the main news guys also said sthg like 'the concert season surely wont end with the summer, toward the end of sept zagreb will be treated to true seattle greats' or sthg like that (i remember it cos it was the last piece of news and it made me grin), they also aired the msg show and stuff. i think it was alright. i think they couldve done more i guess, but the ticket - at 360 kunas (50 euros or so) isnt a cheap ticket. its hard to plug that in a country, countries where your average wage is just a coupla times that.

hail hail the lucky ones...