Options

Lollapalooza questions

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
First off, how long does the headline band usually play for? I want to see if it would be worth my time if the guys play there.

Is Grant Park down town? I'd like to stay close to the park so I can walk to the show and not have to go through any bad parts.

How is the public transportation? Easy to get around downtown?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    57Goldtop wrote:
    First off, how long does the headline band usually play for? I want to see if it would be worth my time if the guys play there.

Is Grant Park down town? I'd like to stay close to the park so I can walk to the show and not have to go through any bad parts.

How is the public transportation? Easy to get around downtown?
    I have never been but here are my (un)informed answers:

The headliner will usually play 90 minutes, possibly a little more but apparenly Grant Park has a 10 p.m. curfew so maybe unlikely.

Grant Park is indeed downtown (I think). There are plenty of hotels in the area within walking distance or a short metro ride.

The public transportation is supposedly pretty easy and cheap to use and there is a stop right near the park.

Native Chicagoans could probably answer your questions more definitively.
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    The front door of the Congress Hotel opens directly to the front gate. Best option IMO.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,655
    yeah does anyone know if the headliner usually plays all three nights? I don't want to get tickets for a three day festival if pearl jam is only playing one night for an hour and a half. although i'm sure there will be some other good bands there
  • Options
    yodavaderyodavader Posts: 16
    Grant Park is downtown, right next to the lake.

Chicago has one of the best public transportation systems in the country, so there are plenty of ways to get around.

It will be plenty hot and humid the first weekend of August, so be prepared!
    Steve
  • Options
    Yes, Chicago will be really really bloody hot for Lollapalooza - and there is very little shade in Grant Park. I've lived here long enough to know that water is your best friend in August - that and sunscreen. Grant Park is right downtown in the "Loop". We have a great transportation system and it's a very user friendly, and people-friendly city. If you need more specifics, you can always go to transitchicago.com for information on the public transport. If you want to pay downtown hotel prices, go for it, but public transport is so easy you'd be better off looking for lodging further from downtown and taking the El (elevated train). It's cheaper that way....