Options

Sort of new vinyl

DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So yesterday I went to my parents. My dad heard I got a record player and he said here is some new albums for you to listen to. He told me that he better not see them on ebay

He gave me Led Zepplin II, III, IV CODA and Swan Songs, AC/DC Let there be rock, Bob Seager Against the wind, The Eagles Hotel California, Billy Joel The Nylon Curtain, and The Pretenders Learning to crawl.

All the records have the inner sleve and they all play none are warped and all the album covers are in good condition considering how old they are.

He told me he wanted to keep them in the family he remembers going to the record store in Olean and buying the Zep, AC/DC and Eagles ones.

Just thought I would share.
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I thought it was cool of him. Not sure why he didn't let me take the rest of the AC/DC ones he has but not concerned about it. Great thing to get and makes me look like I have a decent collection now.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    DURP wrote:
    He gave me Led Zepplin II, III, IV CODA and Swan Songs
    Swan Songs? Is that a bootleg or something?
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Sorry I durped. It's In Through the Out Door. The title is on the side of the album cover and I missed it. It says Swan Songs on the vinyl itself.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Sorry I durped. It's In Through the Out Door. The title is on the side of the album cover and I missed it. It says Swan Songs on the vinyl itself.
    Ah, I see. So I take it the plain brown paper covering is missing from the album.

led-zeppelin-in-through-the-out-door-ssk-59410-swan-song-records.jpg

Swan Song was their record label for everything from Physical Graffiti thru Coda.
  • Options
    Yeah it is. The inner artwork is still black and white though hasn't been touched with water.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    This is the one I have cover C

cfront.jpg

cback.jpg
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    DURP wrote:
    So yesterday I went to my parents. My dad heard I got a record player and he said here is some new albums for you to listen to. He told me that he better not see them on ebay

He gave me Led Zepplin II, III, IV CODA and Swan Songs, AC/DC Let there be rock, Bob Seager Against the wind, The Eagles Hotel California, Billy Joel The Nylon Curtain, and The Pretenders Learning to crawl.

All the records have the inner sleve and they all play none are warped and all the album covers are in good condition considering how old they are.

He told me he wanted to keep them in the family he remembers going to the record store in Olean and buying the Zep, AC/DC and Eagles ones.

Go ahead and throw Bob Seager Against the wind, The Eagles Hotel California, Billy Joel The Nylon Curtain, and The Pretenders Learning to crawl on Ebay.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    DURP wrote:

Go ahead and throw Bob Seager Against the wind, The Eagles Hotel California, Billy Joel The Nylon Curtain, and The Pretenders Learning to crawl on Ebay.

Or listen to them and form your own opinion. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    jamburger wrote:
    DURP wrote:

No need... I'll save you the time. Ebay, Goodwill, make wall-clocks, all good choices.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    DURP wrote:

I grew up listening to these albums. Not like I had much of a choice whatever my parents put on the turntable was the soundtrack of the day for the house. I like all three of those albums you mentioned. The Pretenders have some good songs on that album. Bob Seager is ok not my favorite and Billy Joel I have much respect for him as a person and muscian. Long story short Billy Joel took time out of his day and visited my friend in the hospital before he passed from Luekiemia. So Billy always has a place in music collection.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    I grew up listening to these albums. Not like I had much of a choice whatever my parents put on the turntable was the soundtrack of the day for the house. I like all three of those albums you mentioned. The Pretenders have some good songs on that album. Bob Seager is ok not my favorite and Billy Joel I have much respect for him as a person and muscian. Long story short Billy Joel took time out of his day and visited my friend in the hospital before he passed from Luekiemia. So Billy always has a place in music collection.

FYI...
    I Love most music, I was only kidding. I forget that some people (not pointing fingers) take things very seriously.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    My wife likes Hotel California so she wouldn't like that. All of these albums are worth more to me sentimentally then anything.

Besides my dad could of kept them instead he knew I grew up listening to them and thought it would be a great thing for me to have them.

I get that they are not the best of the best but they all bring back memories of me playing and hearing this strange but awesome music as a kid.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

FYI...
    I Love most music, I was only kidding. I forget that some people (not pointing fingers) take things very seriously.

No big deal man. I didn't get my panties in a bunch. Just thought I would share why I will keep them.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    DURP wrote:

FYI...

People who take things very seriously, don't end their communication with :lol: . One good opinion deserves another?
  • Options
    My favorite cover has to be Zep III with the spining artwork wheel and funky designs. Definatlly a classic design.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    My favorite cover has to be Zep III with the spining artwork wheel and funky designs. Definatlly a classic design.
    Yeah, the only bad thing is that if you don't put a piece of cardboard or something between it and the album it's next to, it'll fuck up the back cover of that other album.
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Yeah, the only bad thing is that if you don't put a piece of cardboard or something between it and the album it's next to, it'll fuck up the back cover of that other album.

I will remember that. I'm looking at old box right now that is the perfect size for that. Thanks for the tip.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    I think you should LONG
    that short story from a few posts back.
    Billy Joel visited your friend in the hospital?!
    If it ain't too personal,
    + if you have the time,
    please share!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    I think you should LONG
    that short story from a few posts back.
    Billy Joel visited your friend in the hospital?!
    If it ain't too personal,
    + if you have the time,
    please share!

Cheers.

My friend was 16 and was diagnoised with Luekiemia. He went up to the Cleveland clinic where he received excellent care. During his stay the Make A Wish Foundation asked him what his favorite things were. He was a huge Chicago Bulls fan (His parents put the Bulls logo on his tombstone) he really would have liked something from Michael Jordan. For some reason that didn't happen but Horrace Grant did send him a pair of autographed game worn shoes which he was buried with.

He was a huge Billy Joel fan. I know kind of odd for a 16 yr old to like Billy Joel but Jeremy wasn't your average teenager. So Make a Wish did whatever it is they do. One day Jeremy was sitting in his room and out of the blue in walks Billy Joel. He was so excited. They talked and hung out for a good hour got some pictures and Billy even signed a cd for him. His mom told me all this I was not there. She said Billy was very nice and very respectful to Jeremy. She said that you could tell he wanted to be there with Jeremy and that he enjoyed talking to him. They talked about music and sports mostly.

The pictures i saw were so awesome i can still see them in my head today. Even though they both had to wear the face mask I could see the big ol smile on his face. I know it's not like Billy Joel just showed up but I really thought it was cool of him to go and make my friend have an awesome day. Ever since then I have nothing but major respect for him.

When Jeremy passed my world was rocked to the core. I remember the day he died I woke up and it's weired to say but it literally felt like something from my body was missing. It's hard to explain I remember that feeling like it was yesterday and I never want to feel it again. At the funeral they played nothing but Billy Joel songs. It took me a long time but eventually I wrote to Billy and thanked him. I never heard back but I told him that this was just a thank you letter and to not worry about responding. I just felt that he should hear from a friend of Jeremys how much it meant to not only him but to his crew. I know not everyone likes his music but you have to respect him atleast.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    I know not everyone likes his music but you have to respect him at least.

Amen to that, brother.
    Thank you for sharing.

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    DURP wrote:

FYI...

People who take things very seriously, don't end their communication with :lol: . One good opinion deserves another?

Again, I wasn't pointing fingers... I was also preempitvley stating that, so I would not draw any fire.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1