whats the most scary thing ever happened to you?

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
a guy put a gun in my head ,threat to kill me....

he thought i was someone else...
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,775
    :shock: Many years ago, I was running down a hill on my bicycle when I hit on a rock and landed on the ground. When I stood up, I saw a ditch under my feet. It was a miracle I didn't fall in it. I would've died for sure.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • edited January 2013
    being diagnosed with a brain tumor, the dr telling you you ll die without operation and a high chance you ll die with the operation. Then being wheeled into to that operating theater not knowing if I ll come out alive
    Post edited by yellowledbetterman80 on
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    being diagnosed with a brain tumor, the dr telling you you ll die without operation and a high chance you ll die with the opearayion. Then being wheeled into to that operating theater not knowing if I ll come out alive

:shock:

When I was 13 I went to The Met in NYC with my parents. I was so bored so I walked out and over to Central Park. In broad day light with a bunch of people walking around some guy approached me and asked if I wanted to make some money. I ignored him and turned to walk away and he grabbed me and started to run. I was kicking and trying to scream but he had a hand over my mouth. I bit him hard on the inside of his palm and he dropped me and kept running.
    Not one person stopped to help even after he let me go. I'll never forget it. It took me over 20 years to go back to Central Park. My parents never understood because I never told them. I thought I would get in trouble for leaving the museum.
    Now I love Central Park. It was a different time then in NYC. Crime in the 70's was so bad and I suppose an abduction in the park was no big deal. But it scared the crap out of me and I was scared to go any where alone.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The scariest thing that ever happened to me was my own damn fault.

I was down in center city Philadelphia, at an intersection, and across the street a man was screaming at someone on my side of the street – they were having a conversation back and forth, and my being nosy, I was paying attention to them and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the light turn yellow, and I absentmindedly stepped off the sidewalk while still looking at the guy on my side of the street.

As I looked forward, all I saw was a silver flash fly by me, within two inches of my face – it was a city bus.

I almost stepped right in the path of a city bus because I was being nosy. :fp:

Scared the hell out of me. And made me feel like an idiot at the same time.
  • Cincy 2006
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited January 2013
    Cincy 2006

:lol:

nothing really scary has happened to me, yet :?
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    running a red light on a motorcycle :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Probably seeing my sister get hit (or rather bumped) by a car. Now, she was fine, they were both moving quite slowly.. But I'll never forget it for as long as I'll live, we must have been around 11-12 at the time.

Another time I remember being really scared also happened when I was quite young. (And also turned out ok!) I was in my bed, going to sleep and suddenly I could hear low voices talking. It was coming out of my sisters' room and I knew nobody was there. I couldn't make out what language the voices were talking in, but I knew it wasn't Finnish. Having to get up and sneak into the stairs to go downstairs to my parents was the scariest thing I can remember doing. The staircase was directly opposite the door to my sisters' room, if someone had been there, they would surely have seen me. I went to get my Dad, he went up and found that a radio in the other room was on, on a Russian channel. So there was never any real danger, I was petrified though.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Three or four of them:

I was about 12 years old on a little aluminum boat with a 9 hp engine waaaay of the coast in the Florida Keys when a crazy squall came out of nowhere and lightning was hitting and the engine died. I thought I was fucked when all of a sudden my friends dad came zooming up in the bigger boat to tow me in.

Motorcycle wreck, glass in my neck and blood was everywhere. For a second I thought I hit my jugular, but i didnt thankfully, it was just a lot of glass.

two gun incidences -- Shotgun blast missed my head by a few inches once...
    and another time me and two friends were robbed at gunpoint in the front yard of a friends house in gainesville. One of the assailants took my friend Terry's wallet, then my friend Erics wallet, then he took my wallet. Then he turned back to Terry and was like, "gimme your wallet!" And we were all baffled because he had just given him the wallet, but the gunman was confused and high...he says to Terry, "you better gimme your wallet or I shoot your friend right here"...and he pointed the damned gun at my groin...right at my package. I wasnt scared until he did that. Terry tried to talk him down and explain that he'd given him the wallet and to look in his pocket...like a scene right out of pulp fiction, Terry says my wallet says "badass" on it. (it really did) Then the door to the house swings open and my friend Martin comes out and the assailants took of running. The guys house where we were (I had no idea at the time), was also a drug dealer and came running outside with some uzi looking gun. I got the fuck out of there and called 911 of course. No shots were fired, but I thought I was about to lose my Johnson. All the bad guys were caught and thrown in jail.

I was in the shower at our new house and I heard a terriblly loud sound and realized my wife fell down the stairs. From the sound, I thought she was going to be really fucked up (she's small and the sound was really intense), I thought I was going to die from panic, but I hopped out of the shower and ran down the steps soaking wet, almost joining her in a slippery tumble... miraculously, she was not hurt badly... she mostly went down on her hip and butt. Big terrbile bruises for awhile but nothing broken luckily.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • being diagnosed with a brain tumor, the dr telling you you ll die without operation and a high chance you ll die with the opearayion. Then being wheeled into to that operating theater not knowing if I ll come out alive
    :shock:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • the scariest thing that ever happened to me.... Ended my career training horses.
    I was out in the high country of the San Bernadino National Forest, with a client's horse, and my best friend
    on another client's horse. I specialized in Endurance and Competitive trail training, so we were taking novice cliff hops like it was a simple walk down the street. Soon we had the brilliant idea to make it realistic, and we headed to the base to race to the summit, no switchbacks..
    Now being that certain breed crosses are better at this than others, we actually had the optimum horses to be riding while out being so stupid..the ground was not so perfect. We were half way up the mountain, and my horse was a hair behind Eddie's as we railed this six and a half foot face. Rustic made it, Minga did not..Her footing slipped off the center edge, and hindfeet still in the air, we went over backwards. Realizing that we were fucked I tried to jump free but my spanish bell stirrups twisted around the bridge of my right foot, an it shotput me directly beneath Minga's 1100lb frame as we crashed into the first roll, I felt and heard my knee, foot and hip crunch..that was all I remember.. I woke up 5 days ansd eight surgeries later, to be told I was lucky I was alive.
    I had to file for bankruptcy to keep from going ovedr on the business, and because the hospital bills cost more than what I owed on the property I was buying. Had to sell all 22 of my horses, all three of my trailers and both my trucks..all I had left was myself, my family, and my wolf-dogs.. I was devestated...but hey, it was my own fault. All in all I broke 13 bones at one time!! I now sport 2 pins across the ball-joints and bridge of my right foot, a pin in the ball head of my right knee, and an 8 inch plate across the pelvic plain of my hip as a reminder of how dumb I was at 20!!!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    In the very last hockey game I ever played in, I skated from the goal line to center ice full speed and cross checked this fucker... kid went flying! :lol:

Then I decided to get off the ice for a shift change... felt some pain in my wrist... thought that was weird. I took a seat on the bench and took my glove off to see that the wrist was broken and bent completely to the left.

:o

I'm not a big risk taker and nothing else has been very scary....

Oh wait! The time I did a 360 on some ice as I tried to pass a car.... yep, 360º spin straight into a ditch. That was pretty scary
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I was six months pregnant with my son. We were visiting a friend,Door open,Eating KFC, and listening to music, When all of a sudden, A girl came running in out of nowhere.She was frantic, and asking about the girl upstairs,who at the time wasn't home.She stated that her boyfriend had a fight with someone,and was stabbed. She wanted a ride to her mothers house.She kept paceing the floors. I told her I'd give a ride,but I was low on gas. She asked me to drive back by the place where the stabbing occured.I said sure,maybe you could be of some help to the Police.There were all kinds of cop's and Fire and there I see the chalk drawing of a human body. She made me drive by real slow,make a u-turn,and go back past. I said,"you should give them your discription of the other guy",Besides didn't you want to get your purse?" So, What's in the bag you have. She replied ,"Just some sunglasses and a T-Shirt."And you forgot your Purse,I asked?" I took her back to the Apt.where she finally met up with her friend upstairs.About 45min. later, I guess she put the bag down to use the restroom,and her friend found the Knife.I gave a murderer a ride back to the scene of the crime,with weapon in hand,while Six mos.pregnant.Pretty damn scary!
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    I was six months pregnant with my son. We were visiting a friend,Door open,Eating KFC, and listening to music, When all of a sudden, A girl came running in out of nowhere.She was frantic, and asking about the girl upstairs,who at the time wasn't home.She stated that her boyfriend had a fight with someone,and was stabbed. She wanted a ride to her mothers house.She kept paceing the floors. I told her I'd give a ride,but I was low on gas. She asked me to drive back by the place where the stabbing occured.I said sure,maybe you could be of some help to the Police.There were all kinds of cop's and Fire and there I see the chalk drawing of a human body. She made me drive by real slow,make a u-turn,and go back past. I said,"you should give them your discription of the other guy",Besides didn't you want to get your purse?" So, What's in the bag you have. She replied ,"Just some sunglasses and a T-Shirt."And you forgot your Purse,I asked?" I took her back to the Apt.where she finally met up with her friend upstairs.About 45min. later, I guess she put the bag down to use the restroom,and her friend found the Knife.I gave a murderer a ride back to the scene of the crime,with weapon in hand,while Six mos.pregnant.Pretty damn scary!
    oh boy....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Had a gun pulled on me at a bar. Meh...whatever.
    being a passenger in a car doing 110 in a 55 in a construction zone is a little scary
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    being a passenger in a car doing 110 in a 55 in a construction zone is a little scary

I got the ranger up to 120 once. I'm surprised it didn't explode

That was scary. :lol:
    81 wrote:

i forget which car it was...either a barette or corsica...

threw a wheel weight doing 120. THUMP....what...shit...what was that :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i forget which car it was...either a barette or corsica...

threw a wheel weight doing 120. THUMP....what...shit...what was that :lol:

:lol:

Yep, I was 16... just got my license and thought, what the fuck lets drive to river falls.

120 MPH... :fp:
  • remember another with a train...

3 am ,try to pass the tracks with a friend driving...a sec after we passed we hear the train pass at our back..

those fuckin bars that should go down to block the road was broken and not working..

we was so lucky..
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    got on a airplane
  • got on a airplane
    really??was that difficult for you?
    its the most normal thing to me..ok,my job helpds
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    got on a airplane
    its the most normal thing to me..

6 times in my life, horrifing for me, i pray the entire time.
  • got on a airplane
    its the most normal thing to me..

6 times in my life, horrifing for me, i pray the entire time.
    ok,get it...i get scared more in cars..airplane is so normal to me..
    and u cant imagine how frikin to fly with military aircraft..all those seats with belts..
    Helicopter is a bit scary,cos isnt that stable...u feel the floor will open...
    the view is fantastic..
  • PapPap Posts: 28,775
    After a Black Keys concert (which started late and as a result finished just before 12) in central London, I took the wrong train back to uni. I was panicked. First time abroad. I knew that I was near campus but I couldn't think how to get there. Hello!... Taxi!... :oops: I asked a gentleman if he could help me out and he told me to follow him. I was desperate so I did. We waited together at a bus stop for a little while, then he asked me if it was OK to share a taxi. I said: "No problem". During our taxi ride, he asked the driver to take us to his place. I was :o . Immediately after that, he explained to me that he is a cub driver and that he started his shift in 30 minutes so he could drop me off at campus with his car. I felt relieved. En route to uni, I learnt that he was from Sri Lanka and that he had been living in London with his family for the last 8 years. When we finally reached campus, I offered to pay him. He kindly refused and told me: "See you later. Take care". I'm really grateful to him. A realy kind heart. Thank you very much, sir. Wherever you are.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • oh..remember this one...12 years old,came from Cyprus to Larisa for vacation..
    my uncle Ilias took his car,with me and my 2 cousin..had accident,went out of the road and we turn up side down..
    was a miracle,noone get hurt...when i went out of the car,,i couldnt stad..my knees couldnt hold me..
    fuckin scary