Car Insurance

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Who do you have?
How much is it per month or year?

Ive had the same car insurance (Nationwide) for about 20 years. it seems to have gone up quite a bit suddenly. I was paying about $850 per year. I think it went up to $1000
I'm doing an online quote for Geico right freakin now.

I've made 1 claim in 20 years (about 20 years ago), and had 1 speeding ticket... they should give me some money back for not running into shit! do some companies do this now? ANd trust me, its not easy avoiding running people over here in south florida!
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Geico, 1700.00 a year, but i'm lower hudson valley, my friend in Queens pays like 3 grand, awful but it's a high crime area.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I have Geico for my car. 2011 full coverage and it was one of the cheapest quotes I could find.
    I had two claims with them.
    Last car, a guy backed in to me (his fault).
    New car, a rock flew up and hit my windshield cracking it.

Both times dealing with them, they were fantastic. Zero complaints.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    shop your insurance, and see what others say. i typically shop mine at least every other year if not every year.

can't really compare coverage costs here....way tooo many variables (location. coverage, driving record, etc)

we're currently with geico.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I pay about 160/mo for 2 pretty new rides and a bike. State Farm, multi policy/old guy discount.
  • Yeah, I gotta shop around a bit more I suppose.
    I just called Nationwide and the receptionist is having my agent call me back tomorrow. She said it likely went up because I moved. I moved from a shithole crime ridden neighborhood to a safer quieter place. And i'm married now too -- you know, all responsible and shit! But my commute miles did increase a tad..

Geico's rates came in between 70-90 /month...depending on a few variables.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I pay about $60 a month through esurance but I have the minimal amount of coverage as required by law. Other than a DUI about 11 years ago, I havent had an accident or moving violation since. From what I understand, insurance companies cannot see the DUI anymore, think it only appears on your driving record for about 8 years or so (so long you dont have more than 1).
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    Geico
    saved about $300 a year vs. state farm for the same coverage
  • I have USAA through my dad. If you can get on it, they are wonderful. My wife and I have a joint policy and pay about $900/year. If you own a house or have renters insurance through a big company see if you can bundle your insurance. A lot of times insurance companies will give you lower rates if you use more than one of their products. (ie: home and auto insurance)
    Brian A. Clark
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    USAA... I have no idea how much it is because I don't pay it.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

do you pay for anything :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Cigarettes, taco bell, weed, and booze :lol:
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I pay just under $700 a year with Geico.

I had a DUI ten years ago. I swear, my rates were at least 40% higher than my non-convicted friends up until about two years ago - and they have nice cars that would be costly to settle out if they were totaled!!

I switched to Geico last year after I noticed I was paying way too much with Esurance ($1200 a year or some shit).
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    81 wrote:

Cigarettes, taco bell, weed, and booze :lol:
    but not your onsie or your new hip :nono:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    but not your onsie or your new hip :nono:

Exactly! You've got the hip covered