Options

iTunes help....

OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
edited January 2013 in The Porch
I know this doesn't belong here, but I need help. Please. It's kind of PJ related. I just dl the new iTunes version and for some reason every time I add a song to my iPod, the id tag is Binaural. Could be AIC, Soundgarden, Sabbath, whoever. Please help! Any ideas.

I can't stand iTunes. It sucks.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I would use Xbox Music formally Zune the Client is great.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Partners/Zune
  • Options
    steverez1 wrote:
    I would use Xbox Music formally Zune the Client is great.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Partners/Zune

That works with the iPod?
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    I quit Itunes a few years ago. They can bite me.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    OGT92 wrote:
    I know this doesn't belong here, but I need help. Please. It's kind of PJ related. I just dl the new iTunes version and for some reason every time I add a song to my iPod, the id tag is Binaural. Could be AIC, Soundgarden, Sabbath, whoever. Please help! Any ideas.

What's an "id tag"?
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    OGT92 wrote:

What's an "id tag"?

It's the album artwork.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    OGT92 wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

What's an "id tag"?

It's the album artwork.

...& the artist info & the album info & the track # info & the composer info & the genre info....etc.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

What's an "id tag"?

It's the album artwork.

...& the artist info & the album info & the track # info & the composer info & the genre info....etc.

I don't really know anything about this, but I know you can edit this stuff by highlighting something and hitting ctrl- i. Not sure if that helps or not?
  • Options
    right click on song>get info....manually changes what you have...if you want to get titles/artist automatically , right click on song>get track names...gracenote should fill in the blanks
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Try the customer support on Apple.com for answers. Other itunes users might have had the same problem.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    right-click the track or album and choose EDIT or GET INFO depending if you are Mac or PC. Pretty easy process. ANything you are importing not bought from the store you pretty much have to edit to the way you want.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    right-click the track or album and choose EDIT or GET INFO depending if you are Mac or PC. Pretty easy process. ANything you are importing not bought from the store you pretty much have to edit to the way you want.

The OP can edit it by hand, but shouldn't have to. At least on a Mac, all the info should import properly. Macs are very "plug and play" that way. Another option is to try going to "Advanced" and selecting "get CD track names."
  • Options
    Alright, I must not have been very clear, so I have no issue with iTunes. Everything there is what it should be. All the song names, bands, artwork etc. are good. It's when I send them to my iPod is where it's whack. It goes onto my iPod fine, and the band name and track names are fine, but the artwork comes up Binaural for everything. I guess I will just have to try and go through the iTunes help option, but even that is screwy. Thank you all for your help though.
  • Options
    OGT92 wrote:
    Alright, I must not have been very clear, so I have no issue with iTunes. Everything there is what it should be. All the song names, bands, artwork etc. are good. It's when I send them to my iPod is where it's whack. It goes onto my iPod fine, and the band name and track names are fine, but the artwork comes up Binaural for everything. I guess I will just have to try and go through the iTunes help option, but even that is screwy. Thank you all for your help though.

seems like its in the ID3 tag...if you've manually gone thru itunes & set each songs artwork, it should be there.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

seems like its in the ID3 tag...if you've manually gone thru itunes & set each songs artwork, it should be there.

The strange thing is, when I look at the songs on my iPod from my computer screen, and I click on that song (say I Believe in Miracles) to play it from my iPod but through the computer, it has the right artwork. But Binaural art is displayed on my iPod screen. I don't understand that.
  • Options
    Thats odd the first thing I would do is delete the artwork on Binaural and than you can always load up another image. If not than just restore the Ipod back to factory settings and than resynch it.
  • Options
    Thats odd the first thing I would do is delete the artwork on Binaural and than you can always load up another image. If not than just restore the Ipod back to factory settings and than resynch it.

I go into "Get Info" click on artwork, which has the correct artwork on the computer screen, but not on the actual iPod, and delete that image and replace it with that same image and it always comes up Binaural. I will try to reset to factory settings and see if that does anything. Thanks.
  • Options
    you have a haunted ipod....plz place in mail & send to me. I cannot guarantee the removal of ghosts however. But, I will hold onto it until I figure it out. Could be 2 wks....could be 2 years
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    OGT92 wrote:

I go into "Get Info" click on artwork, which has the correct artwork on the computer screen, but not on the actual iPod, and delete that image and replace it with that same image and it always comes up Binaural. I will try to reset to factory settings and see if that does anything. Thanks.

The reset is always the best option, that is very strange only thing else I could think of would be to just delete the album and find another copy maybe its corrupted in some way but the reset should do the trick.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    you have a haunted ipod....plz place in mail & send to me. I cannot guarantee the removal of ghosts however. But, I will hold onto it until I figure it out. Could be 2 wks....could be 2 years

Haha. I am in the middle of restoring it. I hope that does the trick. Otherwise I will have to contact apple and see if anything can be done.
  • Options
    I'm happy to report that the restore was a success, thank you, but for some reason all my music wasn't backed up. All my apps were. Oh well. Guess I have work to do.