Options

Don't panic people the polar bear will thrive in the heat

2»

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    “Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest. Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F.” — Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University 1975

:lol::lol:

:fp:
  • Options
    When has the climate ever been stable?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,747
    brianlux wrote:

climate-graphic-530_zps10d4dd02.jpg

Amazing!!! The actual graphic above was taken from an early printing of: The Earth is Flat

That book is now out of print. How'd you get the graphic? Do you have the book in your store? ;)

Do you mean Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat? If so, I believe that book is still in print in trade paper and yes, we quite often have it in stock. I've heard it's very good but haven't read it (yet). I'll try to remember to look for the graphic. And shame on me for not posting the link. I have so many links books on climate science books it might take a while to back track where I found that one.

As an aside- I kind of wish I'd stayed out of this thread. Everybody here knows my beliefs regarding climate change/global warming and the more I read the more sure I am of those beliefs- myself somewhere between 97% to 99% of published scientists.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

climate-graphic-530_zps10d4dd02.jpg

Amazing!!! The actual graphic above was taken from an early printing of: The Earth is Flat

That book is now out of print. How'd you get the graphic? Do you have the book in your store? ;)

Do you mean Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat? If so, I believe that book is still in print in trade paper and yes, we quite often have it in stock. I've heard it's very good but haven't read it (yet). I'll try to remember to look for the graphic. And shame on me for not posting the link. I have so many links books on climate science books it might take a while to back track where I found that one.

As an aside- I kind of wish I'd stayed out of this thread. Everybody here knows my beliefs regarding climate change/global warming and the more I read the more sure I am of those beliefs- myself somewhere between 97% to 99% of published scientists.

I was joking with you. Read it as if it's not a book title. And no need to stay away. We need more folks that debate civilly. We can disagree and still be friends, especially when we don't TOTALLY disagree.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    “Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest. Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F.” — Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University 1975

:lol::lol:

:fp:

What? You don't think the armadillo is a good indicator? ;):lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.