Australia ablaze

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited January 2013 in A Moving Train
climate change has already occurred and this is the result... so sad.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nation ... 6550746916
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Really sad. And scary. We have some good friends living down there so we've been following it closely.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Very sorry to see this.

Made me think, since 2012 was the hottest year on record in Texas and the U.S. Wondering if this is in our future.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Climate Change has been happening since the beginning of our time. FACT

China is having its coldest winter in decades.

The world has hot and cold spells....ebbs and flows...in temps!
    Theres no time like the present

A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

All people need to do more on every level!
  • Weren't the fires confirmed as starting via arson?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    It's really scary to see the destruction left by the fires. I hope they get some reprieve from this soon. So many sad stories of the impact on families and wildlife.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited January 2013
    Weren't the fires confirmed as starting via arson?

So far, five people - including three teenagers - have been charged in relation to starting fires across the state.
    One, a 76-year-old man, is alleged to have started a bushfire after using his angle grinder near Mudgee.

lets not let facts get in teh way of a good lynching. :lol:

that said, climate change could have led to drier conditions resulting in more damange.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

So far, five people - including three teenagers - have been charged in relation to starting fires across the state.
    One, a 76-year-old man, is alleged to have started a bushfire after using his angle grinder near Mudgee.

that said, climate change could have led to drier conditions resulting in more damange.

Yeah. Where's Al Gore when you need him?

It is terrible what's happening down there. I hope they are able to put them out soon.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    81 wrote:

it was 130 degrees F this week and an average of 105 in the entire country...... they had to put a new color on the nap to symbolize the heat (purple).
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    koala+and+firefighter+jpeg.jpg

not from the current fire, but one of the most enduring photos.... this koala was badly burned and eventually died.

it is not just people at risk, but all of the wildlife as well...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Climate Change has been happening since the beginning of our time. FACT

:( :(

the single biggest cause of suffering in the world now is global warming ... and in what should be a time of global action - we are still dealing with mass ignorance ... there are indeed facts - it's unfortunate you continue to subscribe to the PR machine and oil companies ...
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    koala+and+firefighter+jpeg.jpg

not from the current fire, but one of the most enduring photos.... this koala was badly burned and eventually died.

it is not just people at risk, but all of the wildlife as well...

Did you know they have a bifurcated penis or basically a 2 pronged penis which corresponds with the female's two vaginas?
  • polaris_x wrote:

the single biggest cause of suffering in the world now is global warming ... and in what should be a time of global action - we are still dealing with mass ignorance ... there are indeed facts - it's unfortunate you continue to subscribe to the PR machine and oil companies ...

That's why you live in kanada. Right? You'll be warm while the rest of us are burning up.
    That's why you live in kanada. Right? You'll be warm while the rest of us are burning up.

what does that have to do with anything? ... there is mass suffering in the world due to global warming and you want to focus on what?
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    81 wrote:

Yeah we have some dumbass starting fires in our foothills too. Haven't caught him yet unfortunately.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • polaris_x wrote:

what does that have to do with anything? ... there is mass suffering in the world due to global warming and you want to focus on what?

Same thing the START of these fires have to do with global warming, climate change, yada, yada, yada.
    Same thing the START of these fires have to do with global warming, climate change, yada, yada, yada.

the country is in a massive drought with a severe heat wave ... you do realize this is totally related to global warming right?
  • polaris_x wrote:

the country is in a massive drought with a severe heat wave ... you do realize this is totally related to global warming right?

You do realize that has nothing, zero, nada, zilch to do with the cause of the fire right?

BTW, I think Australia should look into banning matches and anything else that lights fires. :corn:

Folks should argue their points with real issues, not fictitious links. It would probably make their arguments stronger.
    You do realize that has nothing, zero, nada, zilch to do with the cause of the fire right?

BTW, I think Australia should look into banning matches and anything else that lights fires. :corn:

Folks should argue their points with real issues, not fictitious links. It would probably make their arguments stronger.

good grief

http://epa.gov/climatechange/kids/solut ... fires.html
  • polaris_x wrote:

good grief

http://epa.gov/climatechange/kids/solut ... fires.html

:lol: Yeah, I'm dumb, but I do realize droughts can cause fire, Charlie Brown. Just not this one. That's the point I was making. :lol:
  • polaris_x wrote:

I wonder if the global warming advocates that are also for population control are secretly "for it" or "torn inside". I always wondered what the true heart tells them!

Also.....what is your answer to global warming? have you put forth any policies? OH and what more do you do, than I do to combat global warming?

:lol: Yeah, I'm dumb, but I do realize droughts can cause fire, Charlie Brown. Just not this one. That's the point I was making. :lol:

but that's like saying smoking can cause cancer but just not in someone's particular case ...

the heatwave and drought primed the country for this disaster ... a lightning storm could have caused this fire like it has in many other instances ... this has everything to do with global warming ... whether or not the fire was started by a natural cause or not ...
    I wonder if the global warming advocates that are also for population control are secretly "for it" or "torn inside". I always wondered what the true heart tells them!

Also.....what is your answer to global warming? have you put forth any policies? OH and what more do you do, than I do to combat global warming?

i got plenty of ideas ... and anyone who's been on this board as long as i have ... will have heard them ... global warming can EASILY be resolved ...

but people need to get there head out of their asses ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

i got plenty of ideas ... and anyone who's been on this board as long as i have ... will have heard them ... global warming can EASILY be resolved ...

but people need to get there head out of their asses ...

Actions speak louder than words bud! Answer my question, what do you do more than I do?

Actions speak louder than words bud! Answer my question, what do you do more than I do?

first of all ... how can i possibly answer your question without knowing who the heck you are and what you do? ... it's absurd ...

secondly ... my answer is that believing in global warming is a significant position over you ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

first of all ... how can i possibly answer your question without knowing who the heck you are and what you do? ... it's absurd ...

secondly ... my answer is that believing in global warming is a significant position over you ...

Im asking what you do that is over and above everyone else....whether they do believe...or they dont believe in GW!

Im asking what you do that is over and above everyone else....whether they do believe...or they dont believe in GW!

no ... you asked what i do more than you ... now, if i can't answer that question - how am i supposed to answer what i do above everyone else? ...

either way - your questioning is another typical ploy to detract from the issue ... i could drive a hummer and be the ceo of exxon-mobil and it doesn't change that global warming is a major cause of suffering and death on this planet ...

one of the most irritating things on this board is people debating topics via hypocrisy ... it's like the whole notion of global warming is debunked if you can show someone drives a car ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

no ... you asked what i do more than you ... now, if i can't answer that question - how am i supposed to answer what i do above everyone else? ...

either way - your questioning is another typical ploy to detract from the issue ... i could drive a hummer and be the ceo of exxon-mobil and it doesn't change that global warming is a major cause of suffering and death on this planet ...

one of the most irritating things on this board is people debating topics via hypocrisy ... it's like the whole notion of global warming is debunked if you can show someone drives a car ...

What is the opposite of hypocrisy? Cause thats me! Why? Because I dont believe in global warming, yet I take all steps and initiatives that anyone who does believe in it. Why? cause we all should respect the planet and save our resources as much as possible. My carbon footprint is VERY low and you should like me and be happy that it is. Heres one for ya....do you hate me for not believing even though I take more steps in the direction you wish for me to go, more so than one who does believe....that takes NO measures to help the cause???

What is the opposite of hypocrisy? Cause thats me! Why? Because I dont believe in global warming, yet I take all steps and initiatives that anyone who does believe in it. Why? cause we all should respect the planet and save our resources as much as possible. My carbon footprint is VERY low and you should like me and be happy that it is. Heres one for ya....do you hate me for not believing even though I take more steps in the direction you wish for me to go, more so than one who does believe....that takes NO measures to help the cause???

well ... based on you not believing in global warming i have to question your ability to determine your carbon footprint ...

i try not to hate ... but i definitely prefer someone with maybe a higher footprint to you that believes in global warming because someone who believes in it will do stuff that goes beyond their personal actions ... they will vote for political leaders that will address it ... they will shop from companies that also feels its important ... they will donate to charities that help combat global warming ... it goes beyond one's footprint ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

well ... based on you not believing in global warming i have to question your ability to determine your carbon footprint ...

i try not to hate ... but i definitely prefer someone with maybe a higher footprint to you that believes in global warming because someone who believes in it will do stuff that goes beyond their personal actions ... they will vote for political leaders that will address it ... they will shop from companies that also feels its important ... they will donate to charities that help combat global warming ... it goes beyond one's footprint ...

Fair answer....not only is my footprint very low, i must say that if i voted for the next Democrat or Marco Rubio next time around, that the emissions of the USA would be no different after 4-8 years of them being in office. You see....people like me do care alot and we are good hearted people. We are not going to vote for dirty water and air bud. We are normal just like most of your friends. We are not evil and we dont want black smoke up in the air. We just think that some of it is driven for political purposes and some of it is exaggerated and bs. However, in the end....there are no politicians that can save the world and lower the oceans. Also, companies that are involved with it, can be just as corrupt for the wrong reasons.

My final answer....we cannot save the world from the threat that YOU say is coming! So my answer is to unleash the entrepreneur....not to shackle him!

Fair answer....not only is my footprint very low, i must say that if i voted for the next Democrat or Marco Rubio next time around, that the emissions of the USA would be no different after 4-8 years of them being in office. You see....people like me do care alot and we are good hearted people. We are not going to vote for dirty water and air bud. We are normal just like most of your friends. We are not evil and we dont want black smoke up in the air. We just think that some of it is driven for political purposes and some of it is exaggerated and bs. However, in the end....there are no politicians that can save the world and lower the oceans. Also, companies that are involved with it, can be just as corrupt for the wrong reasons.

My final answer....we cannot save the world from the threat that YOU say is coming! So my answer is to unleash the entrepreneur....not to shackle him!

who the heck thinks a democrat can fix anything!? ... they are equally part of the problem ...

the problem with people like you is that you take an issue that has nothing to do with politics and allow it to be politicized ... the reality is that the world you say that can't be saved can indeed be saved while at the same time allowing for a flourishing economy ...

but it takes a willingness to think for oneself and not let corporations and agendas bias one's viewpoint ... saving the planet is not anti-economy ... it's a myth ... by believing that it's either the economy or the environment - you are preconditioned to accept the lies being spewed by those who profit by exploiting the planet ...