adropintheparkadropinthepark Posts: 475
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So, I'm scrolling through Facebook on the way home tonight and see that my friend who died a year ago tomorrow has posted that she 'Likes' a show. Huh? I stared at the post for awhile trying to figure out if a family member was on her page liking stuff. But, no. It was a sponsored post. WTF?

Obviously the family has not memorialized my friend's page. But still, it makes me a non-fan of the sponsored posts.
I carried a watermelon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    That is a little messed up.
  • Weird. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    I hope when I'm dead, I dont haunt anyone through facebook. In fact, I ought to give someone my password and a file full of pictures I would like uploaded upon my demise.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Facebook is F’d up, I’m telling you.
    One time I went to open Facebook, and they made me give my email and password (which I never usually had to do), so I did, and then they proceeded to tell me I wasn’t who I said I was. Huh?
    Eventually, they locked my account. In order to get my account reopened, they wanted me to send them a color photo of my driver’s license and/or passport to prove I was who I said I was.
    Get the fuck out of here.

So I just opened another account under a different email. Then a few weeks later, all of a sudden, my old account is active again.
    Site scares me, very rarely use it except to keep in touch with friends and relatives that are out of state, and that is through private messages mostly.

So who knows what is going on with your late friends account. I just don’t trust the site.

My condolences on your friend.