Katherine Webb Thread

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
13-3 Alabama in a snooze fest of a game. This is so over hyped. what says you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I cannot stand rooting for Bama but I despise Notre Dame.

Bama 17
    Dame 6

I wish Bruno would cheer for the Tide on the sidelines tonight - the hillbillies getting crazy over that was pretty damn funny.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ROLL TIDE...........31-10
    uncle matty
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Notre Dame 75
    Alabama 1
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    a_fe1mxccaajw7w.0_standard_500.0.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    davidtrios wrote:
    This is so over hyped. what says you?

In today's sports media, everything is over-hyped. You just have to not watch ESPN or listen to sports talk radio and it's not so bad. The hype last year really annoyed me. Hell, they were hyping those two teams as "The Game Of The Century" when they just met in the regular season, when they met in the National Championship they lost their shit entirely. I haven't seen much of it this year as I watch little ESPN, but I turned on the TV the other morning and saw Jesse Palmer jawing on about how the hotels that Notre Dame and Alabama chose (due to geography, the hotel bar, etc) could affect the game. I guess this means The Bachelor is no longer the dumbest Jesse Palmer ever looked on TV.

As somebody with no dog in the fight, I'm just hoping for a good game. Truth be told I'd probably rather see ND win. I don't care for Saban, and I thought it was silly they were in the championship game last year when they didn't even win their conference. But if Alabama wins I won't lose any sleep over it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    20-13 Roll Tide!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    davidtrios wrote:
    This is so over hyped. what says you?

In today's sports media, everything is over-hyped. You just have to not watch ESPN or listen to sports talk radio and it's not so bad. The hype last year really annoyed me. Hell, they were hyping those two teams as "The Game Of The Century" when they just met in the regular season, when they met in the National Championship they lost their shit entirely. I haven't seen much of it this year as I watch little ESPN, but I turned on the TV the other morning and saw Jesse Palmer jawing on about how the hotels that Notre Dame and Alabama chose (due to geography, the hotel bar, etc) could affect the game. I guess this means The Bachelor is no longer the dumbest Jesse Palmer ever looked on TV.

As somebody with no dog in the fight, I'm just hoping for a good game. Truth be told I'd probably rather see ND win. I don't care for Saban, and I thought it was silly they were in the championship game last year when they didn't even win their conference. But if Alabama wins I won't lose any sleep over it.

i dont watch espn at all (other than College Football and MNF) and it really makes a huge difference.

My gut and mind tell me that Alabama is going to make it a laugher. I really dont think Notre Dame is in the same class as the top SEC teams. Their only really impressive win as it turns out was vs Stanford, which they got a home cooking call. USC, Michigan St, Oklahoma, and Pitt (where they got very lucky) all turned out to be pretty fraudulent.

The best team right now isnt in the game: A&M. First time I have felt that way that I can remember.

I do have financial interest and get $100 if Notre Dame gets +10. So Im hoping:
    Alabama 23
    Notre Dame 14
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,785
    not a fan of either team but i'll say 27-20, Bama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvyknw4VClE
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Irish 21
    Tide 17
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Roll Eyes. Fuck Alabama
    I guess the refs are going to give it to Bama, no point in watching.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    NO such thing as a COLLEGE Football National Championship IMO.

NO playoff=NO National Champion.

It's a MYTHICAL National Champion as far as i'm concerned.
    Northern Illinois might as well be playing. Nd looks way slower and undersized
  • I guess the refs are going to give it to Bama, no point in watching.
    really? refs cant control nearly 20 minutes of possession in the first half + over 200 yds in the first qtr. ND never had a chance
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Love it!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Turns out the time off hurt nd and alabame is significantly better.
    Oh and AJ's girlfriend is supernova hot.
  • Would Oregon have given Alabama a better game?
    Damn right they would have!

Oregon is going to finish #2 in the nation.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I guess the refs are going to give it to Bama, no point in watching.
    really? refs cant control nearly 20 minutes of possession in the first half + over 200 yds in the first qtr. ND never had a chance

When I typed that it wasn't the whole first half yet, that comment came after the punt return/fumble. It was a questionable call on a reception and that travesty of a punt return/fumble call. I don't give a shit about either school, so I'm not whining, but Bama got help. You can say they're clobbering them, but you can just as easily say that the refs gave Bama the lead and took the wind out of ND's sails. If you come out in a game and through a series of mishaps end up down by 14 in the first, having to play the other team AND the refs, it's going to have an effect. If Notre Dame gets the ball back on that fumble, it's a 7-7 or 7-3 ball game and everything is different. You're assuming that what happened after the refs bullshit still would have happened anyway, which we don't know.
    #42 lackey has single handedly taken out 3 nd players...wow, what a beast
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    the refs have nothing to do with this. Alabama is slaughtering them. The fair catch was an iffy call, but the defender was right there in his face which is illegal and wasnt a travesty.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    the refs have nothing to do with this. Alabama is slaughtering them. The fair catch was an iffy call, but the defender was right there in his face which is illegal and wasnt a travesty.

The defender was right there in his face because the return guy called the fair catch late. He barely got his hand down in time to catch the ball. Alabama may have slaughtered them anyway, probably would have, but we won't know.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,785
    davidtrios wrote:
    well you got half of this right, kind of a snooze fest if you are a notre dame fan.

Was hoping at least for a decent/close game. :fp:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    davidtrios wrote:
    well you got half of this right, kind of a snooze fest if you are a notre dame fan.

Was hoping at least for a decent/close game. :fp:

Haha it was over after the first. I wish the ducks were in this game
    who would win: alabama or ohio st?

:think:
  • Bama.

Who would win -- AJ McCarron's smoking hot girlfriend or....oh who cares, I am still thinking of her rather than that total smackdown of a game.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6jnZwL6UtAvmq1IPmC3yF_XPLykEbYDCTXXr-IZlGfoHbDn_WiIZOsdZdnw
    katherine-webb.jpg

ya, shes why i kept watching the awful game