Musician's Worst Nightmare

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,739
edited January 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
I don't fly anymore but if I did, I would never check my guitar through baggage!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/vi ... 34001.html
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what a dumbass.

never ever check your guitars. especially nice ones like that.

i am playing a gig in scottsdale, az in a month and we are flying with some gear. i am going to check my pedalboard because it is in an ata case, but i am only taking one guitar, putting it in a thick gig bag, and i am carrying it on. we are renting a backline and 2 guitars each from a rental company. it is cheaper to do that than risk what happened to that guy's '65 es-335.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,739
    what a dumbass.

never ever check your guitars. especially nice ones like that.

i am playing a gig in scottsdale, az in a month and we are flying with some gear. i am going to check my pedalboard because it is in an ata case, but i am only taking one guitar, putting it in a thick gig bag, and i am carrying it on. we are renting a backline and 2 guitars each from a rental company. it is cheaper to do that than risk what happened to that guy's '65 es-335.

Smart man, gimme. Good luck with the gig!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My dad checked a guitar he was flying up to me. I'm glad it survived, though I was worried every second!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V