Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812
    And man, F Me, I didn't know people hated the touchback rule this much or people are just trying to conjure up hot takes for no reason. I always thought it was a perfectly logical rule.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,682
    edited September 2023
    And man, F Me, I didn't know people hated the touchback rule this much or people are just trying to conjure up hot takes for no reason. I always thought it was a perfectly logical rule.
    I don't know if others hate it.  Could be I'm alone with it.  I don't like it if it is a straight fumble.   If the person is reaching out I guess I could understand it.  Either way, no idea if others hate it.  (I bet Skidiots now do, lol)
    Skolllllllllllll

I was rooting for Eagles, as I will unless they play Niners, so I was happy for them to get the ball back. 
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    It's very much been the topic of conversation in the discourse of the endless amount of football media I've been consuming today.

BUT....I have to ask:  what should be the result of a player fumbling the ball in the endzone?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,543
    It's very much been the topic of conversation in the discourse of the endless amount of football media I've been consuming today.

BUT....I have to ask:  what should be the result of a player fumbling the ball in the endzone?
    over the line, with the ball? Touchdown.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

No, obviously without the ball. You fumble the ball before the end zone line and it makes its way out of the end zone. What should be the result of such a play? 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

No, obviously without the ball. You fumble the ball before the end zone line and it makes its way out of the end zone. What should be the result of such a play? 
    OK….just saw the play…not all of america watches every snap of the iggles…that should be vikings ball at the one.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

OK….just saw the play…not all of america watches every snap of the iggles…that should be vikings ball at the one.
    Why would that be? He fumbled it into, and out of, the end zone.

So you're saying if a player fumbles the ball out of the end zone without having possession that they should regain possession at the 1?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

So you're saying if a player fumbles the ball out of the end zone without having possession that they should regain possession at the 1?
    yeah…no one recovered it. not philly hate…just a dumb rule.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

yeah…no one recovered it. not philly hate…just a dumb rule.

That's the thing. I'm in no way asking as a homer. I'm genuinely asking - so if someone doesn't have possession of the ball as they go through the end zone and it goes out of the end zone then they should get the ball back at the 1? If I was a player I would never hold onto the ball if I know I'm going to be tackled at the 3 and "fumble" it through the end zone.

In my view you should be penalized for not holding onto the ball when there's no more runway to fail and expect to get the most points. Either fumble the ball out at the 1 yard/inch line, fine, or hold it long enough to get across the line. Otherwise what's the incentive to hold onto the ball? There's no downside. I can be swayed on whether the touchback line should be the 5/10/20 for the defense recovering.

If I had it my way a touchdown would need to be literally touched down in the end zone like its rugby cousin The Try.

(pushes nerd glasses on my nose)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,682
    I think it should go back to the team that fumbled, where they lost possession. 

I don't like the touch it down idea.  Lol.
  • Options
    But where did they lose possession? In the endzone.

I think in rugby when this happens the defense gets to take a drop kick from the 22. So I could even get down with that. Defense gets to punt the ball from the 20.

But I think it's preposterous that the offense would get the ball back at the 1.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,574
    There's an article about this from a while back. I think it was from Carson Wentz fumbling the ball out of the end zone in Seattle.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/15/16653504/fumble-turned-touchback-rule-change-suggestions

I like the one where there's an untimed "2-point conversion" play - if the offense scores they keep the ball where they fumbled it. If they don't the defense gets it at the 20. Maybe it should be from the 5 yard line to give the D an edge. Best solution for issues in football: more football.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Anywhere else on the field if it goes out of bounds, the offense keeps it.  Just seems wild to me that they turn it over for the end zone.  Have always thought it was wrong, but am used to it being the way things are.

• Options
    Wow! Just saw the videos of eagles fans welcoming Vikings fans to the games.  Shame.
  • Options
    Link?  

NFL games have a percentage of fan who act like animals.  Actually, not just NFL.  MLB, NHL, also.  I don't go to NBA often enough to have seen enough to say (without hesitation) that it is a problem with drunken assholes everywhere.

• Options
    That is indeed pretty harsh. 
    Night games see people drinking for hours and hours before the games and the asshat behavior is ratcheted up quite a bit.

I would not wear an opposing team jersey to any game.  At any stadium.  If I did I would expect to be taunted.  Everyone should be safe and I'm against the type of crap we saw in that video but I think people need to exercise common sense.

As a 49ers fan attending the NFC championship game I was concerned for my fellow fans.  I didn't see anything bad. 

What team do you root for? 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,616
    It was pretty ugly and pure chaos down there
  • Options
    It was pretty ugly and pure chaos down there
    Moving so many games to afternoon/night is gonna add fuel to the normal 🔥 
  • Options
    The rowdy drunken tailgating stuff is fairly out of control. It's scary to walk my own kids through all that, in Eagles jerseys. Don't think anyone got hurt or anything though. We ain't Dodgers fans.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357
    Great job Elvis. These videos were from the championship game 6 years ago. Do you think people were dressed in heavy coats last week?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,273
    Great job Elvis. These videos were from the championship game 6 years ago. Do you think people were dressed in heavy coats last week?

No leaves on the trees. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Elvis has left the building.
  • Options
    The rowdy drunken tailgating stuff is fairly out of control. It's scary to walk my own kids through all that, in Eagles jerseys. Don't think anyone got hurt or anything though. We ain't Dodgers fans.
    Funny enough, that is when I stopped wearing my "opposing fan" stuff to games.  Lived in LA for 20 years and always went to Reds v Dodgers
    Would wear a t-shirt and hat.  Sometimes a jersey.  Most frequently just a Reds cap.  
    Think it was sometime in the early 2000s where I said "fuck that."

Now if I want to wear something it will be a cap or jersey that I can easily take off if the situation is trash.  Going to Boulder in a few weeks for USC vs Coach Prime and I expect this will be a scenario where I will be with a bunch of people in SC jerseys.  I'll likely wear a hat.  We are old so the college kids won't fuck with us too much, at least based on experience.  They fuck with the other college kids.

• Options

So it was a current SI article written after week one. Garbage fans six years ago, or garbage fans six days ago…..garbage fans are garbage fans. Apologies if I posted old videos that were imbedded into a current story:
  • Options

Anyway, Tampa stinks right? Chicago isn't good, and we know Minnesota isn't good. Another game where I'll have a headache the entire time, the world will be falling, and we'll be 3-0.
  • Options

So it was a current SI article written after week one. Garbage fans six years ago, or garbage fans six days ago…..garbage fans are garbage fans. Apologies if I posted old videos that were imbedded into a current story:
    I didn't hear what team you root for?
    Agree that garbage fans are garbage fans.  Every team has them.
  • Options

Anyway, Tampa stinks right? Chicago isn't good, and we know Minnesota isn't good. Another game where I'll have a headache the entire time, the world will be falling, and we'll be 3-0.
    What is the world is this lady trying to accomplish?

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357

Hey did you hear we threw snow balls at Santa Claus a million years ago too?!?!? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    How's that working out for Twins fans stealing the Phillies standing O idea for whatever expensive SS they have? (seriously how's he doing? Correa?)