******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Who said anything about running on every play? No one did. It's called a balanced attack. Are you suggesting they shouldn't even call a running play? Because that's how you'd take your own comment and turn into something it isn't. Stop taking comments to the extreme. Harbaugh's name was just mentioned by someone and you turn that comment into something it wasn't. This team has lots of flaws. I don't feel the coach is helping the QB and the team by trying to attack other teams using those flaws.

i've never advocated not running the ball.
    You advocate throwing it 80% of the time which is insane and will never ever happen.

The funny thing is this isn't even an exaggeration of your point of view.
    show me one time I have advocated this QB or this team throwing it that much? talk about taking things way out of proportion. Yea i said about 5 years ago in a perfect world that is the type of offense i'd run but not one time have i ever advocated that for this team or any team the Eagles have had. wtf
    That's your basic philosophy as you mentioned countless times over the years. It's clearly evident in your baseless nonsense you spout in here all the time.

And, by the way---no team has ever come close to doing that. Gee, I wonder why....
    perfect world vs. basic philosophy. you really do have a reading comprehension problem.
    Nah, sorry dude. You wanted the Eagles to throw it 80% of the time back when Michael Vick (who had a terrible record when throwing more than 35 times a game) was the quarterback. You failed to provide any tangible evidence why that made sense back then just like you can't now.

goes back to my previous question. please answer since you've ignored it once already.

do teams win in the NFL because they run the ball
    or
    do teams run the ball because they are winning?

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Who said anything about running on every play? No one did. It's called a balanced attack. Are you suggesting they shouldn't even call a running play? Because that's how you'd take your own comment and turn into something it isn't. Stop taking comments to the extreme. Harbaugh's name was just mentioned by someone and you turn that comment into something it wasn't. This team has lots of flaws. I don't feel the coach is helping the QB and the team by trying to attack other teams using those flaws.

You advocate throwing it 80% of the time which is insane and will never ever happen.

show me one time I have advocated this QB or this team throwing it that much? talk about taking things way out of proportion. Yea i said about 5 years ago in a perfect world that is the type of offense i'd run but not one time have i ever advocated that for this team or any team the Eagles have had. wtf
    That's your basic philosophy as you mentioned countless times over the years. It's clearly evident in your baseless nonsense you spout in here all the time.

And, by the way---no team has ever come close to doing that. Gee, I wonder why....
    perfect world vs. basic philosophy. you really do have a reading comprehension problem.
    Nah, sorry dude. You wanted the Eagles to throw it 80% of the time back when Michael Vick (who had a terrible record when throwing more than 35 times a game) was the quarterback. You failed to provide any tangible evidence why that made sense back then just like you can't now.

goes back to my previous question. please answer since you've ignored it once already.

or

Didn't ignore it. It was just a stupid question, as usual. Here you go:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/201508/philadelphia-eagles/p125
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

ah classic deflection because you know the answer but just refuse to acknowledge it. again are you really advocating the Pats win because of their running game? this is the 2nd different running back for them you used as an example of the winning. Tom Brady and the rest of the civilized world would disagree on why the pats win.

for Christmas Juggle i hope you get your wish a perfect 50/50 run/pass ratio for the Eagles. I know that will make you even more excited than winning because winning and losing doesn't matter...or doesn't this year but did in other years depending on who the coach was or whatever but preseason games matter...you can be hard to follow sometimes. i guess each franchise and each team we have to ask you what matters each year. i still wait for the day when you tell me it starts to matter for the Sixers.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

and I've never advocated not throwing the ball.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

You can't answer this question. Every team, every game, every coach is different.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

ah classic deflection because you know the answer but just refuse to acknowledge it. again are you really advocating the Pats win because of their running game? this is the 2nd different running back for them you used as an example of the winning. Tom Brady and the rest of the civilized world would disagree on why the pats win.
    How is it a deflection? The Pats are a great example of balance and always have been. You'd think they would be a "perfect world" situation right? You know, best quarterback ever and all that? Instead their hall of fame coach realizes that throwing 80% of the time is a ridiculous premise that is more likely to get Brady hurt. He realizes that a balanced offensive attack keeps the defense on their toes and sets up play action and keeps the ball out of the other team's hands.

Football 101.

If the Patriots, with Tom Brady, have never come close to throwing 80% of the time.....take a second and think of how ridiculous you sounded when advocating the Eagles do that with Mike Vick.

You'll never win this argument.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

You can't answer this question. Every team, every game, every coach is different.
    if every team, every game and every coach is different...why do you think every team, every game and every coach should have an almost equal run/pass ratio? the score was 29-0 2 weeks ago and you wanted a closer run/pass ratio. seems to me that game would dictate more passes like I mentioned but the opposite was argued.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

if every team, every game and every coach is different...why do you think every team, every game and every coach should have an almost equal run/pass ratio? the score was 29-0 2 weeks ago and you wanted a closer run/pass ratio. seems to me that game would dictate more passes like I mentioned. Alas in this town with the fans and media i guess that is not true. oh well, maybe this week
    That game was 0-0 to start. It was a 2 score game before Cinci scored a td right before half time. The Eagles had almost a 2 to 1 pass run ratio in that first half. Everyone realizes different game situations call for different play calls. But so does the make up of your team. This one has a rookie qb who was struggling at that point, an injured offensive line, below average receivers and a defense that was giving up big play after big play. All of these are sound reasons why they should have relied on a more balanced attack.

Honestly, this shouldn't even be an issue......but then again, we're dealing with someone who wanted Mike Vick to throw the ball 80% of the time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I sense a theme for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HdumP756xU
  • Options
    edited December 2016

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

if every team, every game and every coach is different...why do you think every team, every game and every coach should have an almost equal run/pass ratio? the score was 29-0 2 weeks ago and you wanted a closer run/pass ratio. seems to me that game would dictate more passes like I mentioned. Alas in this town with the fans and media i guess that is not true. oh well, maybe this week
    That game was 0-0 to start. It was a 2 score game before Cinci scored a td right before half time. The Eagles had almost a 2 to 1 pass run ratio in that first half. Everyone realizes different game situations call for different play calls. But so does the make up of your team. This one has a rookie qb who was struggling at that point, an injured offensive line, below average receivers and a defense that was giving up big play after big play. All of these are sound reasons why they should have relied on a more balanced attack.

Honestly, this shouldn't even be an issue......but then again, we're dealing with someone who wanted Mike Vick to throw the ball 80% of the time.
    and the Pats threw the ball on...wait for it...62% (or almost 2-1 ratio) on their 1st half passes on Monday night against the defense the Birds face this week. and down goes frazier

again happy weekend. and i hate the cold.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

and the Pats threw the ball on...wait for it...62% (or almost 2-1 ratio) on their 1st half passes on Monday night against the defense the Birds face this week. and down goes frazier

again happy weekend. and i hate the cold.
    Do you even read what you're replying to?

So the Pats have a rookie qb, an injured offensive line, under talented receivers, and a defense that constantly gives up big plays, right? Yeah, same thing.....except it is the exact opposite of what the Eagles have.

Sit the next few plays out, 'Takes....
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,904
    nother game they had a shot at winning. glad they went for 2 point conversion at the end eventhough they blew it. running game showed up.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

or

if every team, every game and every coach is different...why do you think every team, every game and every coach should have an almost equal run/pass ratio? the score was 29-0 2 weeks ago and you wanted a closer run/pass ratio. seems to me that game would dictate more passes like I mentioned but the opposite was argued.
    No I did not. You're changing everything I said to fit your narrative.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Case closed. They should never run against that vaulted Ravens run D.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I missed the last 7 minutes but I glad they went for 2.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    JK_Livin said:

I missed the last 7 minutes but I glad they went for 2.

Yeah, I didn't mind it. Didn't like the actual play called (nothing new there) while going for two, but they're not going anywhere so fuck it go for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Merry Christmas guys. you and the media got your wish. hope you are all happy for at least for the next 4 days.
    of course for all those drives with the runs the only one they scored a TD on started on the opponents 6 yard line so yea i guess you can say it was ok. i mean all those drives with runs produced the same number of TDs as a drive with all passes :smiley:

and i thought the rushing game was supposed to help the passing game? how do you guys explain Wentz's completion % being way down, average yards per attempt down, and average yards per completion down from the previous 2 games where they threw the ball a ton? things that make you go hmmmmmm....

love the 2 point call. no reason not to go for it there.

who the hell is Jaylen Mills to blame the coach for the td at the end of the half?
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Loved how they stuck with the game plan and didn't have their struggling qb throw it 70% of the time to mediocre receivers with the d giving up big plays left and right. And they stuck with it even when down by 2 scores and had a chance to win at the end. Who would've thought that would be possible? hahaha

I would've taken it to OT....but I'm not gonna rip him for being aggressive. The play call and personnel, even after a timeout, was questionable at best though. Why not have R Mathews even on the field there after the game he had? Kind of takes away any hint of play action to the defense.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    I think they should have run the Jet Sweep more. (Pretty tired of that play by now)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I think they should have run the Jet Sweep more. (Pretty tired of that play by now)

I feel like those kinds of plays rarely work nowadays. But Agholor should've cut inside instead of going super wide on that 4th down play (not the best play call on 4th down).
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Loved how they stuck with the game plan and didn't have their struggling qb throw it 70% of the time to mediocre receivers with the d giving up big plays left and right. And they stuck with it even when down by 2 scores and had a chance to win at the end. Who would've thought that would be possible? hahaha

I would've taken it to OT....but I'm not gonna rip him for being aggressive. The play call and personnel, even after a timeout, was questionable at best though. Why not have R Mathews even on the field there after the game he had? Kind of takes away any hint of play action to the defense.

shocking :loser:
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Nice emoticon, Nancy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Nice emoticon, Nancy.
    thanks.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628

I feel like those kinds of plays rarely work nowadays. But Agholor should've cut inside instead of going super wide on that 4th down play (not the best play call on 4th down).
    Agree
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you crazy fuckers. Go Birds!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Same to you and everyone else here.

and love the Birds with the points tonight. i sense an outright win. 19-14.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

What's the spread?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

What's the spread?
    last i saw was Giants -2.5
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    -3 on Bovada. I am not terribly confident even though I feel like I should be. Weird things always happen in these games.

Gonna be a big Giants crowd down there. Every Giants fan I know is going and I am sure there will be a ton coming down and taking off tomorrow. Fuckers better win. Don't feel like standing outside for hours in the cold to watch them lose...