Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,219

Just for the record - my snide comments have always been solely, and completely, directed at you.

Just for the record - my snide comments have always been solely, and completely, directed at you.

nah you took shots at a guy with cancer too.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,346
    edited December 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

You're just unable to defend your point of view with any verifiable evidence.

"The QB is developing just fine"---except when I point out the mechanical flaws and poor choices he is exhibiting now that he wasn't in September you have no answer.

The coach and QB are "joined at the hip" like Reid and McNabb were already----I just can't see what this is based on. What have you seen from Pederson over the last couple months hat you've liked? Reid had something like 15 years of coaching experience by the time he got to the Eagles. So there's a big difference between the two coaches at this point in their careers. Reid's team also showed improvement as the season wore on.

They have more success throwing the ball 40+ games despite evidence that they had more success earlier in the season when they had a more balanced attack. I've provided evidence that the team and Wentz performs better with a more balanced attack. You've also mentioned the lack of talent, banged up line, and poor defensive play which are also indicators that they should run the ball more.

Look I'm hoping for the best. We all are. And there's still 4 games left to show improvement. I can't help but be a bit disappointed in what I am seeing right now. Let's hope they come out with a game plan similar to what worked early in the year on Sunday and they fight for a full 60 minutes...that would be a step in the right direction.

right now the only flaw i see in Wentz is that he tends to float that ball on the pass deep over the middle. that is a concern but correctable. by all other measures he still has all the skills needed to be a top flight NFL QB. his skills didn't diminish in the past few weeks. Especially when considering the utter lack of talent on this offense I think he has played very well for a rookie and fairly good for a regular QB. I have very little doubt based on what i've seen that barring injury this guy will be a top flight NFL QB for a long time.

Pederson-Wentz - It would be stunning for Lurie and now Roseman to fire a coach 2 years in a row or even 2 out of 3 years. Short of a Sixers like meltdown next year I see no way he is not here for at least 3 years. I'd be shocked if Lurie and Roseman don't let his tenure play out for awhile. And with a franchise QB in tow he is going to have to really suck as a coach not to make it more than 3 years in my opinion. I perfectly called a 3-year Chip Kelly era before his first game so jump on board before you get left behind.

Shockingly they ran the ball more when their defense was playing well and they were in close games. for the 50th time not breaking news here. if defense performs well this week, which i suspect they will, i would imagine the run/pass ratio will be much closer than it has been although if they lose i'm sure some of you will still complain.

I've never defended Pederson other than to say i don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon. I think the jury is still out on him whether he is going to be good coach or not. I think he has made some mistakes for sure but all rookies do. I have a hard time judging his offense scheming and such with such porous talent and how poorly the D has played. I like that he has delegated his defense to Schwartz and I like his demeanor. I also like that he is aggressive going for it on 4th down a lot. i've always thought NFL teams don't go for it enough.

the last few weeks have been a huge disappointment but overall I think the season has gone about as expected. Let's not forget most people predicted a 5-7 win season including yourself. Chip Kelly fucked this roster and is going to take sometime to replenish it. I also think the schedule has been pretty brutal to them. They have played something like 6 division leaders, their division is great and they played 3 straight games against teams coming off byes. i don't think they are bad as they were last week but also not as good as the team who had the Cowboys down by 10 with 9 minutes left in the game on the road. with 4 games left they cannot fold up the tent and pack it in. if they do they it would not be a good look for Pederson. I don't suspect they will. In fact I suspect this week will be the typical last possession Redskins type game.
    Good job.

There are more flaws than just overthrowing people.

It would be stunning if he was fired, that's why we said it probably won't happen. I think I put the chances at .05%. But when you see the mistakes (the game management at the end of the Cowboys game was embarrassing), the regression of the qb, and his team quitting on him last week...it makes you wonder. Comparing him to Andy Reid at this point in his career just because he has a rookie qb also is just laughable. Reid was light years ahead of Pederson at that point in his career. So much more experience and so much more ready to lead a locker room.

So now, Mr "I want to pass the ball 80% of the time" is saying the run pass ratio should depend on if the defense is playing well? So in general, if your defense is not playing well a good way for the offense to help them is by passing more and keeping them on the field more often? That flies in the face of conventional wisdom and I don't see how that helps a defense.

If you look at all of this team's non 2 minute drill sustained drives this year, the majority of them consisted of a balanced attack. I'd like to see them go back to what worked on Sunday. Doesn't matter if they win or not. I just want to see this team, and this coach, show improvement over these last 4 games.
    seems like your Sixers way of thinking is seeping into your Eagle fandom. not good.
    Wonder what your boy, Andrew Porter, thinks....
    pretty funny for a guy who has argued that pre-season games are important to now say he doesn't care if they win or lose now. can't imagine being a fan of a team and not caring if they win or lose especially when 3 of those 4 are against their rivals. remember when Philly fans were tough? now we don't care if they win or lose and are ok with a team winning 10 games in the NBA. what an era we live in these days
    Haha...you are so dumb. I had zero expectations for this team going into the season.....because the team's not very good.

All I cared about was the development of the QB, coach, and that the team got better as the season went on. You know, rational things. Did CBS 3 and wip have different expectations?
    WIP? no idea, i literally have not turned on sports talk radio since the day the Phils signed Cliff Lee and even that was the 1st time in a decade probably.

so you don't mind losing to the Redskins, Giants and Cowboys again? if you think that is rational behavior then you need you therapy.

so you had no expectations, predicted a 5 or 6 win season, but are deeply disappointed as you said yesterday. so which is it? your prediction was correct (maybe) or you are disappointed? i mean who makes a prediction then is disappointed if/when the prediction is on target? some bi-polar shit gong on there i tell ya.

how come you haven't posted any articles from the Kansas City newspapers lately? is it because Andy is winning? i guess you will wait until they lose in the playoffs and you and jearlpam will make your typical snide comments. another 10+ winning season for the guy. so glad the media and this idiot fan base (many here) ran the guy out of town.
    Ummm...your website of choice is the one that hosts wip's content. You should know this as you apparently read it often. The article you posted was written by a wip weekend radio show host. Haha

I didn't predict anything. I said it wouldn't surprise me if they won 5 games or 9 games. I had absolutely no idea what to expect. Wins and losses THIS year do not mean nearly as much as the QB, the coach, and the team in general showing improvement as the season went on. Yeah--that's what's called a rational take on things (the opposite of a hot one).

And you are the only one insulting Andy Reid by comparing him to Doug Pederson. Pederson would be wise to emulate "Good Andy" like the one in KC this year and go back to a more balanced attack. KC has a 58/42 pass run ration which is a recipe for success. I what Andrew Porter thinks of this...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,613
    edited December 2016
    This is fucking glorious. I revel in philly fans fighting over how shitty their team is
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,477
    hoping you beat the skins on Sunday
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669

This is fucking glorious. I revel in philly fans fighting over how shitty their team is

No shit, right? This is the best thread on the board
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

No shit, right? This is the best thread on the board
    Thanks guys
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    There isn't a 49ers thread to do it in.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,994
    Not saying they should have won that game but they very well could have. Oh well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If you're not going to kick a guy out of the game for that helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless player, then what the hell will it take. This player safety thing is a joke. Fuck that guy.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    As opposed to the Clay Matthews hit....I'd say that was dirty.
  • Options
    If you are comparing those hits then you don't get it.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    3. Doug Pederson called 51 pass plays and 24 running plays, and this time he doesn’t have his built-in excuse that the game got out of hand. Pederson simply gets away from the run, and I don’t get it. Ryan Mathews was trucking along pretty good Sunday, and finished with a 4.0 average on 15 carries. But Pederson always seems to just stop calling running plays. I can understand when you’re down 29-0. But this was always a one-possession game. It’s not fair to Wentz to make him throw 50 times a game. He’s on pace to throw the second-most passes in NFL history by a rookie, and that just doesn’t make sense.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Huh?
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Huh?
    My bad. I thought you originally meant that the Matthews hit was dirty.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Huh?
    My bad. I thought you originally meant that the Matthews hit was dirty.
    Right - I was more saying, for some reason, that hit(block) by Barbre on Matthews was getting attention in here like it was terrible. No, that hit on Sproles was terrible...dirty....completely egregious, what-have-you.
  • Options
    Crazy game. Birds had their chances...thought the Rookie looked like a Rookie. I would say he isnt going to succeed with all of that jump-passing, back foot throwing stuff.....but we have seen QBs thrive despite doing whacky things. He had some poor throws that could have been huge plays had the throws been better.
    Tough to blame him too much -- he also showed lots of good things.
    The right tackle inhaled cocks yesterday. Awful play.
    I thought my wife was going to throw something through the screen when they called that beauty of a punt return back. It was a foul, but Sproles is fun to watch.
    That bastard had two dirty hits in the game.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

3. Doug Pederson called 51 pass plays and 24 running plays, and this time he doesn’t have his built-in excuse that the game got out of hand. Pederson simply gets away from the run, and I don’t get it. Ryan Mathews was trucking along pretty good Sunday, and finished with a 4.0 average on 15 carries. But Pederson always seems to just stop calling running plays. I can understand when you’re down 29-0. But this was always a one-possession game. It’s not fair to Wentz to make him throw 50 times a game. He’s on pace to throw the second-most passes in NFL history by a rookie, and that just doesn’t make sense.

19 of the 51 called pass plays came on the last drives of each half.
  • Options

Crazy game. Birds had their chances...thought the Rookie looked like a Rookie. I would say he isnt going to succeed with all of that jump-passing, back foot throwing stuff.....but we have seen QBs thrive despite doing whacky things. He had some poor throws that could have been huge plays had the throws been better.
    I thought my wife was going to throw something through the screen when they called that beauty of a punt return back. It was a foul, but Sproles is fun to watch.

the interception in the end zone was an awful pass mechanically. just can't do that there. other than that though i thought he played great.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

the interception in the end zone was an awful pass mechanically. just can't do that there. other than that though i thought he played great.
    Forget when it was in the game but a few times when rolling out he didn't stop (one time I dont think he really had time to, another it looked like he did) and throw and missed on open guys. Saw a jump pass in there as well.
    I am pretty impressed with him...but he has some Favre/Romo things that if he ends up being good those are the comparisons people will make. Otherwise he will be compared to Tebow/Bortles (assuming Blake cannot become consistent with his throwing motion and get back to being accurate) for having bad mechanics that hurt his accuracy.

• Options

pjhawks said:

Forget when it was in the game but a few times when rolling out he didn't stop (one time I dont think he really had time to, another it looked like he did) and throw and missed on open guys. Saw a jump pass in there as well.
    I am pretty impressed with him...but he has some Favre/Romo things that if he ends up being good those are the comparisons people will make. Otherwise he will be compared to Tebow/Bortles (assuming Blake cannot become consistent with his throwing motion and get back to being accurate) for having bad mechanics that hurt his accuracy.

he is already 100x better than Tebow.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    JK_Livin said:

66% pass plays before the 2 minute drill at end of first half despite success early. Broadcast pointed this out a few times yesterday. But overall, I was happy with the team's fight yesterday. Wentz still making mistakes, but he didn't make as many as in last few weeks. That's an encouraging sign.

They also, finally, took some shots deep which was nice to see.

The Sproles hit.....Yeah it was dirty....but in football, sometimes those hits are unavoidable. I mean, technically, Everett hit him in the helmet but he was coming in full speed and Sproles had to bend down to catch the ball at last second so I think that had something to do with him going high.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

66% pass plays before the 2 minute drill at end of first half despite success early. Broadcast pointed this out a few times yesterday. But overall, I was happy with the team's fight yesterday. Wentz still making mistakes, but he didn't make as many as in last few weeks. That's an encouraging sign.

The Sproles hit.....Yeah it was dirty....but in football, sometimes those hits are unavoidable. I mean, technically, Everett hit him in the helmet but he was coming in full speed and Sproles had to bend down to catch the ball at last second so I think that had something to do with him going high.

He's also 3 feet tall. Definitely dirty but somewhat unavoidable.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Not unavoidable if you allow him to actually catch the ball first. The ball landed on the back of Everett's helmet because he was already commencing with missile-mode.

If we weren't all pretending to care about the health of football players then they'd have removed helmets and shoulder pads by now, which I would totally endorse. Maybe half of the league would then learn how to properly tackle.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Not unavoidable if you allow him to actually catch the ball first. The ball landed on the back of Everett's helmet because he was already commencing with missile-mode.

If we weren't all pretending to care about the health of football players then they'd have removed helmets and shoulder pads by now, which I would totally endorse. Maybe half of the league would then learn how to properly tackle.
    I've been saying that for years. Without a helmet, the head's not a weapon.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

I agree that the helmets these guys wear make them feel invincible. But it's not like the old guys that wore shitty helmets are in better shape.

I mean, he shouldn't have even been trying to catch the ball and play it. The only reason he got hit is because he didn't call a fair catch. It was a bang bang play. Regardless, it was a dirty hit and he shouldn't have hit him that high, but it wasn't all on him.
  • Options
    uhh ohh Juggler your boy Harbaugh called 52 passes and only 14 runs last night. does that mean your coach crush on him is over? of course that is what NFL teams do when they are down by double digits most of the game but only one of us cares to acknowledge that.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    pjhawks said:

uhh ohh Juggler your boy Harbaugh called 52 passes and only 14 runs last night. does that mean your coach crush on him is over? of course that is what NFL teams do when they are down by double digits most of the game but only one of us cares to acknowledge that.

Of course teams down big will pass more often. That's not what this is about. Why are you acting like this is only a discussion about the Bengals blowout game (in which the Eagles passed almost 2 to 1 before it was a blowout anyway)? We all know you've been wanting teams to throw the ball 80% of the time regardless of the situation for years. The Patriots, with arguably the best qb to ever play the game, are an excellent example of why this is utter nonsense. I've pointed this out to you many times. Check out their pass/run ratio when you have the chance...that is, if you trust the stats.

This isn't about one game. You've been making the point that it's perfectly fine for the Eagles to have their rookie qb, with an injured offensive line, under talented receivers, and a defense who can't get off the field, throw 45+ per game in their last 7 mostly close games (record is 1-6 in these games). You've yet to provide any tangible evidence why this makes sense. Nobody is holding their breath for it either...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Funny exchange between Ruben Frank and someone on Twitter

Reuben FrankVerified account
    @RoobCSN Reuben Frank Retweeted Jared
    It would be higher if Doug ever called running plays. Still think top priorities are WR, CB, OLReuben Frank added,
    Jared @Jrok310
    @RoobCSN how high of a priority would you say RB is? Also thoughts on going after Trumaine Johnson?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

media bias.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

media bias.
    must be a bias in NFL front offices too since only 6 running backs have been taken in the 1st round in past 5 years and only 3 in the past 4 years. #facts