******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    report out that chip is hiring the niners secondary coach to be dc after the super bowl...guy had mixed results in gb and atlanta....but hard to find any faults with the niners secondary. love the niners defense....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    report out that chip is hiring the niners secondary coach to be dc after the super bowl...guy had mixed results in gb and atlanta....but hard to find any faults with the niners secondary. love the niners defense....

except for goldson's coverage last week. their secondary is actually their achilles heel

greg roman is the 9ers coach they should have hired
    pjhawks wrote:
    it seems like you have a losers mentality.

i just define winning differently. by your standand only 1 team is successful each season. you clearly think one of the Harbaugh's is gonna be a loser this year. 99% of the rest of the world that disagrees with you.

no that's not what i think. at all :lol: how many times today have i said andy reid had a good amount of success about a decade ago?

the last 8 years of the andy reid era has been mediocre. 8 wins a year in a 16 game season is the definition of mediocre. i'm tired of having an average football team.

the 8 wins a year thing really isn't fair. he only had 3 losing seasons during his 14 year tenure.

the reid stuff is tired. been thru it a billion times. You can attribute 3 things to his downfall.

1 - vick
    2 - nnamdi
    3 - failure to find a viable DC

Those moves got him fired...not because he forgot how to coach. Bottom line is that his teams just weren't that good over the last few years. A lesser coach loses more games than he did with the same rosters.

I want to like the kelly hire, but I'm apprehensive to say the least. Dude couldn't win big games in college, but he's expected to in the nfl? If we are being fair and setting rational expectations (something eagles fans never do well), what is the best case for kelly's tenure? a super bowl? doubtful. better tenure than reid? also doubtful.

the kelly stuff is nascent. I am going to give him a shot, but I don't think it's gonna work.

I asked previously and got no responses. If anyone wants to bet that reid will have more wins during his KC tenure than kelly has during his philly tenure -- just let me know. I'll even let you name the price (I'm willing to bet up to a billion)
    i agree that it's tired. but people keep bringing it up. the first 5 years were pretty damn good. the last 8 were mediocre at best.

in his last 8 years, he had 4 winning seasons. 66 total wins. 3 playoff wins.
    in the 8 years preceding him, kotite and rhodes had 4 winning seasons. 65 total wins. 2 playoff wins. this is why people were frustrated these last few years. the "glory days" were ages ago.

and i can list waaay more reasons than 3 for his downfall--drafting horribly on the defensive side of the football for a solid decade has to be up near the top of the list.

if the team wasn't that good in his last few years, that's his fault too, as he had final say on literally everything football related.

safe to say everyone is apprehensive about the kelly hire. i don't think he was anyone's first choice. gotta hope for the best.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i agree that it's tired. but people keep bringing it up. the first 5 years were pretty damn good. the last 8 were mediocre at best.

in the 8 years preceding him, kotite and rhodes had 4 winning seasons. 65 total wins. 2 playoff wins. this is why people were frustrated these last few years. the "glory days" were ages ago.

and i can list waaay more reasons than 3 for his downfall--drafting horribly on the defensive side of the football for a solid decade has to be up near the top of the list.

if the team wasn't that good in his last few years, that's his fault too, as he had final say on literally everything football related.

safe to say everyone is apprehensive about the kelly hire. i don't think he was anyone's first choice. gotta hope for the best.

last reid post I"m making here

I'm sure not have a DC (can't have a system without a coordinator), had a lot to do with the poor drafts. And none of us know who had final say on personnel once banner had a foot out the door (somewhere in 2010-2011). There are sound bites of roseman talking up jaiquan jarrett as if he is the next ronnie lott.

it's easy to make reid the scapegoat for everything now that he's gone. I understand that people want to be optimistic for the future, which means they have to have confidence in roseman to make the decisions...so they blame reid for everything that has happened in the last 3 years (fans think he was responsible for newtown).

I don't have much faith in the roseman/kelly duo. Nowhere near as much as I did with Reid. But we will see what happens. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

The bet is still on the table
    The Fixer wrote:

last reid post I"m making here

I'm sure not have a DC (can't have a system without a coordinator), had a lot to do with the poor drafts. And none of us know who had final say on personnel once banner had a foot out the door (somewhere in 2010-2011). There are sound bites of roseman talking up jaiquan jarrett as if he is the next ronnie lott.

it's easy to make reid the scapegoat for everything now that he's gone. I understand that people want to be optimistic for the future, which means they have to have confidence in roseman to make the decisions...so they blame reid for everything that has happened in the last 3 years (fans think he was responsible for newtown).

I don't have much faith in the roseman/kelly duo. Nowhere near as much as I did with Reid. But we will see what happens. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

The bet is still on the table

reid picked the coaching staff.
    reid had final say on player personell dating back to 2002.
    reid coached the players.

he's not the "scapegoat." he's the architect of this disaster. everything comes to an end. he had a good run but overstayed his welcome by a few years. it happens.

just want to see some improvement. i don't even care about their record next year. this franchise is a mess and it will take at least 2 to 3 years to turn it around.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    definitely agree that kelly's record in the first year is irrelevant. style of play and how he adjusts to nfl are more important.

really hope they trade back in round 1

saw they met with ryan nassib. I like him. I wouldn't take him in the first round...or high in the second. I would think about him at the end of the second/third though.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    definitely agree that kelly's record in the first year is irrelevant. style of play and how he adjusts to nfl are more important.

saw they met with ryan nassib. I like him. I wouldn't take him in the first round...or high in the second. I would think about him at the end of the second/third though.
    See we can agree,all sounds correct imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    update on coaching staff:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/01 ... lys-staff/

what's everyone's opinion on donatell? i would welcome that move...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    Spagnuolo fired by Saints. his star has really fallen. i wonder if he knows how many people in this thread were big fans of his :D
    edited January 2013
    pjhawks wrote:
    Spagnuolo fired by Saints. his star has really fallen. i wonder if he knows how many people in this thread were big fans of his :D

umm, i still am a big fan of his. coaches get fired all the time man.

if we were not switching to a 3-4 like the saints, i would want him as the birds dc.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

If he fit the 3-4 i'd say get him but he dosen't.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:

If he fit the 3-4 i'd say get him but he dosen't.

bet he goes back to the giants.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

if we were not switching to a 3-4 like the saints, i would want him as the birds dc.

shall we post the records of the teams he's coached in the last 5 years? long way from mediocre :lol:
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

shall we post the records of the teams he's coached in the last 5 years? long way from mediocre :lol:

seriously dude?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It's gotta be the avatar. Thats all I can come up with. :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!

nope, just never understood the love you guys showed this guy. juggler still loves the guy...even though he failed miserably as a head coach and now fired after 1 year in nola. that baffles me, sorry.
    pjhawks wrote:

nope, just never understood the love you guys showed this guy. juggler still loves the guy...even though he failed miserably as a head coach and now fired after 1 year in nola. that baffles me, sorry.

he did an awesome job here for 8 years. then was the coordinator of the giants defense that carried that team to a super bowl.

didn't have much a chance in st louis. and last year was a disaster all around in no and now they are switching to a 3-4.

he won't be out of a job long.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

See we can agree,all sounds correct imo.

as long as they don't make a trade for geno smith :lol:
    pjhawks wrote:

Is it confirmed that the birds are going to a 3-4? I thought that was based on grantham coming here, which doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

I don't know how they can say they're moving to a 3-4 if they don't even know who the coordinator is. That sounds like someone signing a bunch of guys who can't play defense, even though his team plays in the league without a DH
    as long as they don't make a trade for geno smith

Is Gino Smith a 1st rd pick in this years draft? EVERY expert says so. I said try and get a late 1st rd pick and grab him if he's there. Not surw why trying to trade back into the 1st rd is so funny :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Is it confirmed that the birds are going to a 3-4? I thought that was based on grantham coming here, which doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

I don't know how they can say they're moving to a 3-4 if they don't even know who the coordinator is. That sounds like someone signing a bunch of guys who can't play defense, even though his team plays in the league without a DH

the head coach would make that call.

plus if it's donatell, that would make sense coming from san fran...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    as long as they don't make a trade for geno smith

Is Gino Smith a 1st rd pick in this years draft? EVERY expert says so. I said try and get a late 1st rd pick and grab him if he's there. Not surw why trying to trade back into the 1st rd is so funny :roll:

Trading back in the first isn't funny. I just said I hope they do exactly that.

Not sure what experts you are reading. Kiper doesn't have Geno Smith being picked in the first round. Even with about 10 teams needing QBs.

Plus he's a horrible fit for chip kelly's offense

Other than this it's a great idea

but kelly hasn't confirmed that's the route they are going has he?
    The Fixer wrote:

but kelly hasn't confirmed that's the route they are going has he?

yeah i guess he has not actually said they are switching
    chinese-happy.jpg
    solid hire :roll:

Worst Coach of 2012

Pat Shurmur, Cleveland Browns

It's not that Shurmur made one bad decision in one particular aspect of the game in 2012; it's that he made obviously wrong calls in so many different spots. He failed to go for two up 15-10 in the fourth quarter in Week 1 and it cost him the game in a 17-16 loss. He used a timeout before punting on fourth-and-1 from the Indianapolis 41-yard line with 6:38 left in a close game and ended up having to go for it on fourth-and-6 later on. He called nine pass plays on third/fourth-and-short in one Ravens game alone.

If Shurmur had developed his young talent into successful players, you would excuse his play-calling blunders. Instead, Shurmur failed to develop either Colt McCoy or Brandon Weeden into anything resembling an NFL-caliber starter, ran an injured Trent Richardson into the line for no gain for most of the season, and left the Cleveland organization with a lot of young players who have failed to reach anything resembling their potential. Bizarrely, he was hired by Chip Kelly to serve as Philadelphia's new offensive coordinator, a role that thankfully is unlikely to include play-calling duties. You have to assume that the Eagles are hoping whatever skills Shurmur showed in St. Louis coaching Sam Bradford come out again with Nick Foles in Philadelphia. It's possible that Shurmur could be a better offensive coordinator than a head coach, but only because it's hard to imagine anybody being a worse head coach.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Well, at least we now know that McCoy is a worthless human being with a small penis.

http://deadspin.com/5979293/lesean-mcco ... adbeat-dad

Have fun with that, Osi. :lol:
    edited January 2013
    The Fixer wrote:
    solid hire :roll:

Worst Coach of 2012

Pat Shurmur, Cleveland Browns

It's not that Shurmur made one bad decision in one particular aspect of the game in 2012; it's that he made obviously wrong calls in so many different spots. He failed to go for two up 15-10 in the fourth quarter in Week 1 and it cost him the game in a 17-16 loss. He used a timeout before punting on fourth-and-1 from the Indianapolis 41-yard line with 6:38 left in a close game and ended up having to go for it on fourth-and-6 later on. He called nine pass plays on third/fourth-and-short in one Ravens game alone.

If Shurmur had developed his young talent into successful players, you would excuse his play-calling blunders. Instead, Shurmur failed to develop either Colt McCoy or Brandon Weeden into anything resembling an NFL-caliber starter, ran an injured Trent Richardson into the line for no gain for most of the season, and left the Cleveland organization with a lot of young players who have failed to reach anything resembling their potential. Bizarrely, he was hired by Chip Kelly to serve as Philadelphia's new offensive coordinator, a role that thankfully is unlikely to include play-calling duties. You have to assume that the Eagles are hoping whatever skills Shurmur showed in St. Louis coaching Sam Bradford come out again with Nick Foles in Philadelphia. It's possible that Shurmur could be a better offensive coordinator than a head coach, but only because it's hard to imagine anybody being a worse head coach.

in 2003 andy reid hired what most people would agree was one of the worst coaches in the nfl to be his offensive coordinator. i doubt you would have given him one of those little eye rolling emoticons at the time.

you also agreed with me in wanting andy reid to bring in steve spabuola to run the defense after he got fired by the rams last year. i bet you could find someone, somewhere, on the internet to say he was one of the worst head coaches in 2011.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well, at least we now know that McCoy is a worthless human being with a small penis.

http://deadspin.com/5979293/lesean-mcco ... adbeat-dad

Have fun with that, Osi. :lol:

just another reason why twitter is the worst thing ever.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer