Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    The Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl Champions. 

It sounds less real every time I say that sentence.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,290

None of my friends can agree on how to handle the Parade for the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS on Thursday. I think it will dwarf what we experienced 10 years ago.

Those that don't live in the city, how are you getting down there? How early are you leaving? Where are you planning on setting up shot? Etc, etc, etc. Yada, yada, yada

Just looking for as much info as possible.

SUPER BOWL FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

None of my friends can agree on how to handle the Parade for the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS on Thursday. I think it will dwarf what we experienced 10 years ago.

Those that don't live in the city, how are you getting down there? How early are you leaving? Where are you planning on setting up shot? Etc, etc, etc. Yada, yada, yada

Where'd you get that hat? Taking patco in from Jersey.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Sorry—Dicks at like 2:30 in the morning after they won

How early you getting there?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

No idea. Most likely early 7ish. Trying to coordinate with a 100 people.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

No idea. Most likely early 7ish. Trying to coordinate with a 100 people.

How annoying is that? Nobody can agree on anything.

I think 7 might be too late though....that's about the time we got to the train for the Phils and I think we got the last one.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I understand public trans/regional rail is the best way to go in theory. But if I was outside of the city I would not. I think it's going to be a fucking debacle, and just treat it Woodstock style - drive in as far as you can until the traffic is too much, park, get out and walk. Or if you can bike in then do that.

A buddy of mine was telling me some RR's last train into the city may be at 8 AM.
  • Options
    And does ANYONE know where the hell I can find one of the decent hoodies? They're all sold out aren't they?
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    oh, my wife was planning to Patco in at 8.  Better tell her that may be too late. 
    Even if I was a Birds Backer I would not be in that throng of humanity....watch from TV.  When estimates range from 1 MM to 3 MM something tells me they are going to be prepared for things.  That is a huge range.
    How can the last train in be at 8 if the parade starts at 11?  Train normally takes 30 mins from here.  Double that for traffic and tough time getting folks on the trains. 
    Huh.  Oh well.  She is going with her sister so I don't have to worry about her being solo but I just think it is crazy if you are a 110 pound chick who is 5'3" or whatever she is to be going into those crowds. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Bugs Bunny doesnt know what the heck to say.  :lol:

• Options
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887

not sure if i can get off work now :disappointed:.  Also i have no idea how i would get down there, probably SEPTA but after the Phillies parade I'm not sure if i want to attempt to use that.  That was a clusterfuck.  I did hear they are going to improve it though but i have no idea how.  That parade was 2 million.  This one will be at least doubled that.  If i do plan on going probably try and get there like 7-8 (or at least to one of the stations)?

Also I hope Travis Kelce or someone paraphrases Chase Utley's speech and says "Super Bowl Champions, Super Bowl Fucking Champions"  That would be awesome.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    JK_Livin said:
    I am....confused.
  • Options
    What do you guys think of parking in University City and then walking from there? This is my brother's suggestion. Probably would be less congested over there and might be easier to get out of the city....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    What do you guys think of parking in University City and then walking from there? This is my brother's suggestion. Probably would be less congested over there and might be easier to get out of the city....
    A guy I work with is planning on university city like this

Get a hotel room Wednesday, make a nice dinner reservation park your car and be done with it. Boom
  • Options

Get a hotel room Wednesday, make a nice dinner reservation park your car and be done with it. Boom

Yeah a hotel was my first choice but we dragged our feet way too long. Whole city is booked up at this point.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    uber?  :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Yeah a hotel was my first choice but we dragged our feet way too long. Whole city is booked up at this point.

Damn. That’s pretty wild 
  • Options
    God damnit. Motherfucka can't catch a break on a hoodie right now. I've called every Dicks, Modells and Pro Shop in a 10 mile radius. Nada, zero, zilch.
  • Options

Wow---anyone see that clip of Foles suggesting the "Philly Special" to Doug? Quite possibly the coolest 35 seconds of video you'll ever see....it ends with Merrill's call. FanFuckingTastic.

I can't wait for Foles' statue to be erected. The man is a god damned legend.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Wow---anyone see that clip of Foles suggesting the "Philly Special" to Doug? Quite possibly the coolest 35 seconds of video you'll ever see....it ends with Merrill's call. FanFuckingTastic.

I can't wait for Foles' statue to be erected. The man is a god damned legend.

Repeatedly. Doug's reaction is amazing.
  • Options
    Video?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Again, Doug fucking Pederson has the biggest testicles in the league. Doug Milquetoast Pederson. Christ. This is all a dream I swear.
  • Options
  • Options
    That's pretty cool
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    Was it snowing in Philly last night? Awful lot of snowflakes around this morning.
    Trolls are THE WORST.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14