******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    JK_Livin wrote:
    and if all of you were the #1 ranked QB since you were 10 years old, you'd be douches too!

i'd be the coolest top ranked qb that ever existed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    i believe he frosts his hair. that alone qualifies him as douche.

my brother thinks he's a douche because of the first time he saw him on tv. it was some high school all star game on espn like 5 years ago. dude throws a game winning td or something and instead of rushing to celebrate with his teammates he runs straight for the espn sideline camera and shoves his goofy smiling face into the lens. = douche. no doubt about it.

still like the pick though. :lol:

first point is valid. though I think brady has gone that route and I don't mind him either.

anything anyone does in high school does not count on their douche record.

I think barkley carries himself well. always did during his time at USC. his USC head coach(es) are the dbags
    GOCONG!

:roll: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm on record as saying I don't think chippers' schemes will work in the nfl, but I do really like what the team has done this offseason personnel-wise. some interesting undrafted rook FA's in camp...

My analysis (I'm a cfb junkie)

BJ Cunningham - good WR at MSU
    Montel Harris - beast at temple after transferring from BC. was injury prone in college, but has an nfl body. could be a nice player if he can stay healthy
    GJ Kinne - tulsa QB. great college qb, but I believe he's had knee surgery(s) and I don't see him as a fit
    Miguel Maysonet - RB Stony Brook. Got a lot of pub in the FCS. I have never seen him play...looking fwd to it
    Momah - WR BC. Dude is like 8 feet tall. don't know him, looking fwd to see if he can run well enough to separate from dbs
    russell sheppard - WR LSU. went there as a QB I believe. was their best offensive player last year (sans maybe the recently arrested jeremy hill). did a little of everything at LSU. returned kicks, WR, handoffs, trick plays. I could see him making the team...seems like a kelly type of player
    matthew tucker - rb tcu. runs hard. don't think he's better than my boy chris polk, but could be interesting in preseason
    matt evans - LB New Hampshire - pretty sure he was CAA def player of year. Towson's conf, so I follow the CAA :D
    nic purcell - OL from some cheesedick CC...name sounds really familiar. not sure if he got kicked off a D1 team, but I swear I've heard of him.
    Brad Wing - LSU punter. not sure if he can kickoff, but that's something the birds need. Henery has gotten better at it, but his KO's are still weak...esp with the dumb goodell rule that moved them up. Also like that he's a lefty...those punts are apparently tougher to catch. I know they signed jones, but I could see the birds going cheap here and going with wing (insert eagle wing pun here)

still think they should have kept my boy, but I will admit that there is a lot of intrigue going into the year. I'm still apprehensive, but whatever
    kinda strange watching highlights of the ota's yesterday with Hungry Like a Wolf blasting the background :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    kinda strange watching highlights for the ota's yesterday with Hungry Like a Wolf blasting the background :lol:
    That's a stone groove my man! :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    JK_Livin wrote:

LeSean is a scumbag. probably nothing criminal in this complaint but between this, the twitter war with his baby mama and my niece telling what a piece of shit he was when he came into a restaurant she worked at in OC MD 2 summers ago it's clear he has the 'star' mentality when it comes to women. apparently how he comes across in the media is not who he really is.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

LeSean is a scumbag. probably nothing criminal in this complaint but between this, the twitter war with his baby mama and my niece telling what a piece of shit he was when he came into a restaurant she worked at in OC MD 2 summers ago it's clear he has the 'star' mentality when it comes to women. apparently how he comes across in the media is not who he really is.
    One of my wife's good friends went to high school with him. She said he was the biggest douche bag in school. She hates him with a passion and has nothing good to say about him at all.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

One of my wife's good friends went to high school with him. She said he was the biggest douche bag in school. She hates him with a passion and has nothing good to say about him at all.

i heard something similiar from a friend of mine who's from that area.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    andy reid is now blasting music during practice out west...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm already tired of hearing about chip kelly

And Mike Vick...just go the fuck away already
    I'm so glad he's gone. I think Chip's gonna make for a fun run.
    Go Birds!!!!

Most people feel that way...yet I can't find one person to bet me that reid wins more games with the chiefs than kelly wins with the eagles.
    The Fixer wrote:

Most people feel that way...yet I can't find one person to bet me that reid wins more games with the chiefs than kelly wins with the eagles.
    Andy went to a team with 6 pro bowlers and a shitty div besides Denver. Pretty easy to see why no one will take that bet. Andy left this team in a bad way,thank god he's gone.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Andy went to a team with 6 pro bowlers and a shitty div besides Denver. Pretty easy to see why no one will take that bet. Andy left this team in a bad way,thank god he's gone.

I'm not talking about just one year.

I think kelly will be gone before obama's term is up.
    The Fixer wrote:

what kind of fan would bet against his team? is he an andy reid fan or an eagles fan?

reid's a good enough coach. he should have success out there... if he learned from his mistakes here, which i will have to see to believe. but like jammin mentioned, andy inherited a much better situation than the absolute disaster he left chip kelly with. the eagles are in full on rebuild mode while kc is loading up for a run. you can't compare the two franchises at this point. with that said, if andy operates like he did these last few years, he'll surely be gone before 2017 too (most coaches don't last longer than 4 years anyway).

so the case to not take this bet has more to do with the disaster reid left behind than the faith one would have in chip to rebuild it quick enough...if that makes any sense.

this season will be fascinating. i cannot wait.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    good read...

How Eagles' offense could runHow much of Chip Kelly's scheme at Oregon will he bring to the NFL?Originally Published: May 20, 2013By Gary Horton | ESPN Insider

Everyone is eager to see what kind of offense Chip Kelly installs in Philadelphia.

We have watched the prolific Oregon Ducks offense for years march up and down the field and dominate opponents with creative offensive formations and schemes, all at a pace that we have never seen. With the architect of this offense, new Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly, now in the NFL, the anticipation of what we will see in 2013 has many football fans excited.

I went back and watched a lot of Oregon film to get a better feel for some of the Ducks' offensive principles and tendencies while Kelly was there. I then studied the Eagles' 2012 film to see how this offense might fit what Philadelphia already does and also how it fits the current personnel.

Let's take a look at how the Eagles' offense might appear this season under Kelly.

Ball out quickly

Kelly's offense is one that wants to run a high volume of plays -- somewhere in the range of 80 to 85 per game likely would be fine with him. His offense doesn't like to use its full allotment of time between plays and that means a lot of no-huddle looks, which puts a lot of pressure on the opposing defense.

At Oregon, Kelly rotated as many as eight and nine wide receivers in and out of the huddle to create nightmare matchups for defenders. However, with a 53-man NFL roster, that could be a problem for Kelly, and how many pass-catchers he keeps will be something to watch.

[+] EnlargeSteve Conner/Icon SMI
    Zach Ertz could be a difference-maker at tight end.When you defend this fast-paced scheme, it is hard on defenses to substitute and get the right matchups, especially versus the pass. If you leave your base defense on the field, you are giving up speed and athleticism on the edges and second level, and that presents all sorts of matchup problems. We know that the Eagles have solid passing weapons at receiver and running back, but where they really have improved is at tight end.

Brent Celek and Clay Harbor are solid returning veterans, and now they have added underrated unrestricted free agent James Casey from Houston, and took arguably the best tight end in the draft in Zach Ertz. That allows them to use some "heavy" packages with multiple TEs, which can force a defense to keep its base package on the field. It is almost impossible to get off the field against this offense if they are running a play every 12 seconds, and that leads to a lot of tired defenders if the offense is converting first downs.

However, the negative to all of this is it can put Philadelphia's defense at risk if the offense has too many three-and-outs. One other wrinkle to examine is how the Eagles will call plays. At Oregon they could use simple flip cards on the sideline to get the play off quickly, but that is not likely to work in the NFL. They can make quick and short, sometimes one-word, calls at the line of scrimmage to get the play off, and that can result in a lot of simple plays that rely on matchups more than schemes.

An unorthodox run game

This offense is not based on pounding the ball between the tackles and wearing down defenses, which certainly suits the personnel that we saw at Oregon, and as we look at the Eagles, it seems to suit RB LeSean McCoy's skill set. Kelly will use the draw play as part of their ground attack. He loves misdirection and will use the screen play as an extension of the run game.

All of this potential success in running the football is dependent on something that people do not talk about. You must have an athletic offensive line that can block in space and get to the second level, something Kelly had at Oregon and now has in Philadelphia. Four of the five projected starters up front (including No. 4 overall pick Lane Johnson) run under 5.00 seconds in the 40-yard dash, and they get out and block on the move. Not only must they be athletic, though, but they also have to be in great physical shape to run the volume of plays that they will be asked.

Who fits best at QB?

Michael Vick should love this offense, and the read-option likely also will be a part of this offensive package, but not the primary scheme. Vick won't have a lot of seven-step drops and unnecessary hits -- the ball should be out quickly with fairly easy reads and not a lot of audibles. There is nothing that Kelly will require that Vick is not capable of doing -- but he must be more consistent.

So where does that leave rookie Matt Barkley? A lot of people thought on draft day that he was not a good fit for this offense, with limited mobility to stretch defenses with his feet. However, after watching a lot of USC film, I think he is a good fit. He is accurate in the short-to-intermediate passing game, with not a lot of vertical passes required; he is good on the play-fake; and he has underrated pocket mobility.

However, his most desired quality in this offense may be his command in the huddle. This guy has been in a lot of big games, he can get his offense into a play quickly and he should be comfortable with the pace of the offense -- and there is nothing that Barkley hasn't already seen. He could be ready to step in and run this offense with success after one season behind Vick.

We won't know exactly how Kelly plans to run this offense until Week 1, but he definitely has the playmakers on offense and an athletic offensive line to run a similar up-tempo scheme that he did at Oregon. The Eagles will be a fun team to watch on offense this
    chinese-happy.jpg
    We couldn't let all the other teams have injuries without us getting in the mix.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/20 ... y/2354271/
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    The Fixer wrote:

what kind of fan would bet against his team? is he an andy reid fan or an eagles fan?

the guy who can't turn down a lock. it's not necessarily betting against the eagles...it's more betting on reid (and against kelly, who I have repeatedly stated will not have nfl success).

to your second question...both
    RE: the horton article.

Ball out quickly + vick = D-linemen playing volleyball. Or interceptions. Or misreads. Or triple pump, then him running around in the backfield like a jerk off.

Please let foles or barkley win the job.
    The Fixer wrote:

Ball out quickly + vick = D-linemen playing volleyball. Or interceptions. Or misreads. Or triple pump, then him running around in the backfield like a jerk off.

I agree with all your Vick assessments but they could possibly design a blocking scheme to help some of the above.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree with all your Vick assessments but they could possibly design a blocking scheme to help some of the above.
    I agree I want Foles to start,anyone but Vick honestly. I wasn't for hiring Chip at 1st. But i'm ok with him now as I think he'll adjust his Off. He's not like Spurrier who said i'm doing it the Florida way and that's it. Everyone says that the guy's a working machine. I'll take my chances on a guy with something to prove who thinks outside the box.
    Go Birds!!!!
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm openly biased because I hate him as a person and player...I just think at this point he is what he will always be...which is a shitty QB. I don't think it matters what system or blocking scheme they use. I really just want him to go away. Every time I see or hear him talk it bothers me
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm openly biased because I hate him as a person and player...I just think at this point he is what he will always be...which is a shitty QB. I don't think it matters what system or blocking scheme they use. I really just want him to go away. Every time I see or hear him talk it bothers me

I guess you won't be handing him keys to any city then? :lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    The Fixer wrote:

the guy who can't turn down a lock. it's not necessarily betting against the eagles...it's more betting on reid (and against kelly, who I have repeatedly stated will not have nfl success).

but reid destroyed the franchise you would be betting against. :lol: the fix is in! :lol:

(and it is betting against the eagles. that's obvious)
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

but reid destroyed the franchise you would be betting against. :lol: the fix is in! :lol:

All I'm saying is that he will win more games in KC than Kelly wins here. I'm not hoping the eagles lose (until kelly's offense starts to fail and it's better for them to get another top 5 pick). I know that Reid will be in KC much longer than Kelly will be here.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

All I'm saying is that he will win more games in KC than Kelly wins here. I'm not hoping the eagles lose (until kelly's offense starts to fail and it's better for them to get another top 5 pick). I know that Reid will be in KC much longer than Kelly will be here.

if they get the andy reid from 10 years ago, sure i could see reid lasting longer.

but if they get the one we we had since then.....yeah, i don't see that working out too well for them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    5 open practices for training camp. :roll:

i like the the idea of practicing twice with the patriots though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    5 open practices for training camp. :roll:

i like the the idea of practicing twice with the patriots though.
    I bet Chip wouldn't allow his Parents extra access. The dude's a complete nut job,but that's what we need imo.
    Go Birds!!!!