Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,766
    edited March 2023
    Also, he's a fucking jackass.
    Oh, yeah, I don't envy having to root for that guy.

Birds will be fine, they won't be what they were this year (this was the greatest overall team of our lifetime, and possibly ever in the history of the franchise), but their offense is basically in tact and that's what ultimately wins games. Everything becomes clearer once they can nail down Hurts' extension.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Also, he's a fucking jackass.
    Oh, yeah, I don't envy having to root for that guy.

Birds will be fine, they won't be what they were this year (this was the greatest overall team of our lifetime, and possibly ever in the history of the franchise), but their offense is basically in tact and that's what ultimately wins games. Everything becomes clearer once they can nail down Hurts' extension.
    Offense will be even better and defense will fall off. I know people who are overreacting right now. Especially with this team, who has done a lot of their work later in the offseason, you just gotta give it some time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370

Eagles will be fine....just have closer games now.
    We still have #1. And the O-line is generally intact. Those are the main things.
    And a good TE, two stud WRs
    Drafting a RB?
    Maybe later in the draft. They gotta focus on the trenches and secondary, as usual (we don't need to reach and draft a WR this year - HUZZAH!). Problem is we have no 4th, 5th or 6th rounder. I'm up for trading down from #10 to get some more assets.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Penny seems like he could be an absolute beast behind our line assuming he's healthy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I like that, that's good value. Albeit he stays on the field.
  • Options
    I don't know the terms but sounds like a low risk high reward kind of thing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Wow crazy good news right there. I don't think they're going CB with that pick now. Mayyyybe, but I think the chance of trading up for Carter just increased.

Edit: that deal is CHEAP
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2023
    Poncier said:
    The "you're wrong, my team was good 30 years ago, it hasn't been 40 years" is a wonderful argument.
    1996 is 27 years, but okay...lol... I know math can be difficult. Like your brilliant argument that you'd rather have 1 SB win in 57 years than 5 

Guess you don't listen to PJ albums older than 6 years old .... "cause those 90's ones don't count"... 
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    edited March 2023
    myoung321 said:
    Poncier said:
    The "you're wrong, my team was good 30 years ago, it hasn't been 40 years" is a wonderful argument.
    1996 is 27 years, but okay...lol... I know math can be difficult. Like your brilliant argument that you'd rather have 1 SB win in 57 years than 5 

Guess you don't listen to PJ albums older than 6 years old .... "cause those 90's ones don't count"... 
    That guy is actually a fan of a team that was a legitimate dynasty within a reasonable window of time that's relevant and  isn't nearly three decades ago.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Relevant?  You guys are a laugh... Dallas is the most valuable franchise and the most talked about team regardless of the amount of time its been since they won the SB.... I know that's hard to live with, but it is what it is..  A lot of teams come and go and yes they haven't won in 27 years, but they are relevent year in and year out and are usually #1 or #2 in the NFC East.. 

• Options
     Jearlpam0925 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Poncier said:

That guy is actually a fan of a team that was a legitimate dynasty within a reasonable window of time that's relevant and  isn't nearly three decades ago.
    So with this same thinking Pearl Jam isn't worth listening or caring about...... cause they haven't won a Grammy since the same year Dallas won the Super Bowl...

• Options
    edited March 2023
    myoung321 said:
    Relevant?  You guys are a laugh... Dallas is the most valuable franchise and the most talked about team regardless of the amount of time its been since they won the SB.... I know that's hard to live with, but it is what it is..  A lot of teams come and go and yes they haven't won in 27 years, but they are relevent year in and year out and are usually #1 or #2 in the NFC East.. 

Congrats on being the most talked about team who hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl since the Clinton administration. Do they give out trophies for that?

I can't imagine bragging about any of our team's just being "talked" about. Who gives a shit? hahaha
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
     Jearlpam0925 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Poncier said:

So with this same thinking Pearl Jam isn't worth listening or caring about...... cause they haven't won a Grammy since the same year Dallas won the Super Bowl...
    Music is measured by wins and losses now according to Cowboys fans.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wow crazy good news right there. I don't think they're going CB with that pick now. Mayyyybe, but I think the chance of trading up for Carter just increased.

Edit: that deal is CHEAP
    Hoping he took a little less to leave room for CJGJ.

RUN IT BACK (kind of)!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
     Jearlpam0925 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Poncier said:

Music is measured by wins and losses now according to Cowboys fans.
    Not at all what I said.... but nice try at a disingenuous slam..  

• Options
    edited March 2023
    myoung321 said:

Congrats on being the most talked about team who hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl since the Clinton administration. Do they give out trophies for that?

I can't imagine bragging about any of our team's just being "talked" about. Who gives a shit? hahaha
    Typical Eagles fan, can't have a conversation without reverting to attacks and rude ass comments.... And if you want to go with "Who gives a shit?" then who gives a shit about the Eagles outside of Philly? very few... have a nice day...  

Sniffed a hell of a lot more than you...1-3 in 57 years? yes that's better than 5-3 in 57 years..  

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:

Typical Eagles fan, can't have a conversation without reverting to attacks and rude ass comments.... And if you want to go with "Who gives a shit?" then who gives a shit about the Eagles outside of Philly? very few... have a nice day...  
    Sheesh...I mean, you come in here and attempt to make a joke/insult us first and then you get salty when it's kicked back at you?

Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself. Bragging about your team's popularity despite not sniffing a championship since Suddenly Susan was a smash hit on Must See NBC Thursday is quite lame. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    have a nice day...

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    F off....
    My goodness! 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    F off....
    My goodness! 

The best part is he edited it lol

I like the @Wobbie cowboys fans

I just don't get it because nobody here, 

ANYWAY, like the moves the Birds are making. Figure this might be the end of it until draft day and/or Hurts' extension.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Funny that two of the people poking back are not Birds fans
      Patriots fans ans Niners fans cannot stand Cowboys and their fans
    Everyone except Cowboys fans cannot stand Cowboys and their fan base

(Aside from @Wobbie)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Man, we are not the most talked about team. That one hurts.

Crying GIFs  Tenor

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    myoung321 said:
     Jearlpam0925 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Poncier said:

their history is kind of the same….it’s just been less time since PJ’s relevance. new (post 2006) PJ isn’t worth listening to and the cowboys’ last highlight was Romo fumbling the FG snap.

thanks for the backhanded compliments, boys. in my mind, the cowboys’ drought can be attributed to ONE thing….shitty coaching, post jimmy johnson. look at the list…it’s a clown show. we all know that that points back to our delusional owner/GM.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    myoung321 said:
    Poncier said:

Actually my team has 6 Super Bowl wins, and all in my lifetime.

And I was approximating with the 30 and 40 years thing but nuance can be tough.
    Good luck with the ghost of Steph Gilmore.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:

Sheesh...I mean, you come in here and attempt to make a joke/insult us first and then you get salty when it's kicked back at you?

Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself. Bragging about your team's popularity despite not sniffing a championship since Suddenly Susan was a smash hit on Must See NBC Thursday is quite lame. 

Suddenly Susan...lol.
    That should be a nickname for angry Cowboy fan.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:

Suddenly Susan...lol.
    That should be a nickname for angry Cowboy fan.
    I wonder why they are all wearing blue shirts
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I was thinking Suddenly Karen.

• Options
    I'd just like to note I believe it was a Pats fan, 9ers fan, and a Giants fan (!) came into the Birds thread to hose the Cowboys fan. That's fun.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Suddenly Susan is a brilliant name.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Saving $17M by letting Slay go. Sucks but he's 32 and will be starting to decline. Maybe he will sign with Dallas since they apparently like older CB's on the back end of their careers. 

Hoping CJGJ is back now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg