******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    edited February 2023
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    I've haven't been this confident in winning a tittle since the '83 Sixers.  As long as Birds don't turn it over multiple times I don't see the Chiefs D being able to shut this team down.  Without multiple turnovers Chiefs are gonna have to pull a Nick Foles and put up a score in the 40s to win.  Just hope for good weather for the parade.
    That's a 5 hawk take if ever I've seen one.

and want to put your money where your mouth is?  let's bet on the game and see if I'm correct. When Eagles win you make a $100 donation to a charity of my choosing. They lose I'll donate to you personally or a charity of your own?  Or you too soft to take that bet?
    I said I liked your take, so I gave it 5 hawks. Why would I bet against what I agree will happen? I think the Eagles O-Line will wear the Chiefs down and they'll eventually just run them over in the 4th.
    Chiefs' advantages are basically as said above QB and TE. Now Mahomes might be able to will a win, but I think he's going to be under similar pressure to what he faced against Tampa 2 years ago, maybe not quite as extreme as KC has shored up their O-line a bit but he won't have tons of time to throw and should still be hobbling a bit. If you ask me right now Eagles win something like 27-20. But I guess that's me being soft and 14.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    OK, I just looked back a couple pages. Apparently I'm doing the hawks takes wrong. Sorry.
    So I have to amend my rating to a 1 hawk take as noted in my above post.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    edited February 2023
    Poncier said:
    OK, I just looked back a couple pages. Apparently I'm doing the hawks takes wrong. Sorry.
    So I have to amend my rating to a 1 hawk take as noted in my above post.

Shaking My Head GIFs  Tenor

Best Shake My Head GIFs  Gfycat
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options

• Options
    Poncier said:

Say What Dunno GIF - Say What Dunno Shrug - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    Editing in Marky Mark almost rates a 5th hawk.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Editing in Marky Mark almost rates a 5th hawk.
    mark wahlberg gifs Page 4  WiffleGif
  • Options

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    And finally Johnny G figured out to endear himself to Eagles fans. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    And finally Johnny G figured out to endear himself to Eagles fans. 
    Felt people were not giving him the proper respect throughout the year...but yeah, that video did more than anything to help 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    The PJ Camden Jaworski variant poster gave the Eagles the juice this year to get where they are.....what a show!
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    The PJ Camden Jaworski variant poster gave the Eagles the juice this year to get where they are.....what a show!
    Ron Jaworski?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    Is this a thing to buy PJ posters and sell them for a profit? Anyway no idea what Jaworski variant poster you are talking about.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Yea, I believe in honor of good ole Ron

an homage if u will 

• Options
    Is this a thing to buy PJ posters and sell them for a profit? Anyway no idea what Jaworski variant poster you are talking about.
    It was a variant, called Jaworski variant.... I do not have one, i got the AP from the car ride home....will be framing soon.....just thought it was cool....not trying to sell anything
  • Options
    Yeah only like 50 or 100 printed or something. Worth a dollar or two.
  • Options
    Yeah only like 50 or 100 printed or something. Worth a dollar or two.
    85… I wanted it, figured if I tried for it I’d miss out on AP

played it safe… was in the car when it went up

crazy Camden show was right after week 1… and here we are a week from the super bowl

time flies 
  • Options
    Philly's been having it pretty, pretty, prettttay OK lately (knocks on wood).

Listening to the Yield 25 show of Stone and Jeff talking about each song. This is awesome. 
  • Options

Listening to the Yield 25 show of Stone and Jeff talking about each song. This is awesome. 
    Work not getting done while I head bang to DTE.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Work not getting done while I head bang to DTE.
    I've listened to Yield about 10 times the last few days.

I cannot believe it's been 25 years. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465

It WAS awesome. PJ are a classic rock band, these days.

does that take deserve some “hawks”?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Well, band members talking about that awesome album can be awesome, so....3 Hawks

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

It WAS awesome. PJ are a classic rock band, these days.

does that take deserve some “hawks”?
    And more specifically, Dad Rock, yes, I concur.

Have SB52 playing in the background. Man, I totally forgot Philly Special was a 4th down call.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    @Johnny Abruzzo
    Correct.  Backup te was on field during Brock Purdy No Longer Has An Elbow That Works play.
    He was not a frequent presence on the field, but he was there that play.
    Turns out it was a PA Pass that Reddick saw through.  Never bit on the PA part and just blew up the play.  (And Brock Purdy)
    Front The Athletic:

• Options
    Is that article from that Lombardi guy (9ers beat reporter for the Athletic)? That dude has been bad during coverage of all this and has come off as a big homer. 

Seems like the narrative keeps coming from 9ers Land as "If only this happened, or this happened, the 49ers would have totally dominated. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle, etc etc". Like I saw Shanahan and Lynch complaining about the NFL needs to change the rules so that every team requires to keep 3 QBs. For one, a team can carry 3 QBs but every team (including the 9ers) does not because they see it as a luxury. And, two, Shanahan should be getting absolutely roasted by their fans & media. A tight end (backup or otherwise) blocking one of the league's best pass rushers (even if it's on a PA call) is gross negligence.
  • Options
    Is that article from that Lombardi guy (9ers beat reporter for the Athletic)? That dude has been bad during coverage of all this and has come off as a big homer. 

Seems like the narrative keeps coming from 9ers Land as "If only this happened, or this happened, the 49ers would have totally dominated. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle, etc etc". Like I saw Shanahan and Lynch complaining about the NFL needs to change the rules so that every team requires to keep 3 QBs. For one, a team can carry 3 QBs but every team (including the 9ers) does not because they see it as a luxury. And, two, Shanahan should be getting absolutely roasted by their fans & media. A tight end (backup or otherwise) blocking one of the league's best pass rushers (even if it's on a PA call) is gross negligence.
    I wasn't trying to forward an argument that counters what you said....I agree with it.  (Aside from gross negligence, that is clearly hyperbole.)  Just sharing that I finally saw reference to what has been joked about since the game, and that he was in fact spot on with pointing out that the backup TE was on Red Dick on that play.

• Options
    It was gross negligence and/or disrespect for the best D line in the league that the plays they ran all year against that Mr Softie schedule would work at The Linc in the NFC Championship Game. 

8 days from Super Bowl LVII. Time to move on. 

• Options
    Ah.  Was trying to share something saying you were right.  I moved on that evening killing a seafood tower and multiple martinis at Ocean Prime after the game.  Rooting for the Birds.
    Yall are locked in.  🔒 
    Tunnel vision.  
  • Options
    Nor was any kind of animosity thrown your way.

I'm heading to SF in June, hopefully the Birds come through this week to make it that much more special.
  • Options
    SF used to be one of my favorite cities.
    Don't much like it now.  Far too overcrowded and douchelorded up.  Like they want to be NYC2

Still....some amazing food and some stunning sights.