******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    the shit show of candidate continues. where are you bill cowher?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Someone's trash is another's treasure. There will not be a widely accepted choice among the fans. I'm not pulling for anyone so I won't be dissappointed.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Someone's trash is another's treasure. There will not be a widely accepted choice among the fans. I'm not pulling for anyone so I won't be dissappointed.

agreed.

i'd be okay with everyone they've talked to except chip kelly, lovie, and now brian kelly--who's probably using lurie and roseman to get a raise with nd like chip did. :roll:

just talk to jon gruden already.

and give dave toub some love :x :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Rob Ryan is free now. :P
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    so reid makes doug pederson his offensive coordinator and bob sutton his defensive coordinator.

i think pederson may turn out to be a decent offensive coordinator...but since he's been with the eagles for so long, it will be interesting to see how pass happy the chiefs are, especially with jamal charles in the backfield.

never really heard of sutton. he's been with the jets forever and was their d coordinator from 06-08. they were not very good defensively those years....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    so reid makes doug pederson his offensive coordinator and bob sutton his defensive coordinator.

i think pederson may turn out to be a decent offensive coordinator...but since he's been with the eagles for so long, it will be interesting to see how pass happy the chiefs are, especially with jamal charles in the backfield.

never really heard of sutton. he's been with the jets forever and was their d coordinator from 06-08. they were not very good defensively those years....

Funny you say that about Jamal Charles because after they hired Reid I saw an article somewhere where it said that LeSean McCoy averaged more touches per game than Charles.

and if the eagles hire Lovie Smith my head might explode. Fire the most successful coach in team history for having down years for the last few years...and hire a guy who hasn't made the playoffs in 5 of 6 years? makes total sense :roll:

anyone getting excited by any of the guys interviewed? thought so...
    pjhawks wrote:

Funny you say that about Jamal Charles because after they hired Reid I saw an article somewhere where it said that LeSean McCoy averaged more touches per game than Charles.

and if the eagles hire Lovie Smith my head might explode. Fire the most successful coach in team history for having down years for the last few years...and hire a guy who hasn't made the playoffs in 5 of 6 years? makes total sense :roll:

anyone getting excited by any of the guys interviewed? thought so...

what article was that? in each year they were both the featured back and healthy, charles averaged more touches than mccoy despite being on a much worse team.

yeah, lovie smith is the defensive version of andy reid. i don't want him. i think they just talked to him to gain some knowledge. he is interviewing with san diego today.

who would "excite" you? just jon gruden and bill cowher? i think they've been linked to quite a few quality candidates. do a little research. i doubt anyone was "excited" about andy reid in 1999. :roll:

gotta find the right guy. sometimes that takes a while. the downside to taking this long, is you start to lose out on some quality coordinators though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    what article was that? in each year they were both the featured back and healthy, charles averaged more touches than mccoy despite being on a much worse team.

yeah, lovie smith is the defensive version of andy reid. i don't want him. i think they just talked to him to gain some knowledge. he is interviewing with san diego today.

who would "excite" you? just jon gruden and bill cowher? i think they've been linked to quite a few quality candidates. do a little research. i doubt anyone was "excited" about andy reid in 1999. :roll:

gotta find the right guy. sometimes that takes a while. the downside to taking this long, is you start to lose out on some quality coordinators though.

must have been in the Daily News but don't recall off hand. But I checked the stats and yes McCoy averaged more touches per game.

McCoy - 200 rushes and 54 receptions in 12 games for an average of 21.16 touches per game
    Charles - 285 rushes and 35 receptions in 16 games for an average of 20.00 touches per game

as for coaches we've had this discussion before. hard to get excited for a guy i don't know or a guy i already know is not as good of a coach as andy. never said an unknown wouldn't be a good coach...just said right now it's not exciting the names being thrown around. and yes Gruden or Cowher would have me excited.
    my point was it will be interesting to see how andy and peterson handle the rushing game in kc with charles, who just had an amazing year on the ground--which was even more impressive considering how bad their passing game was. the birds throw the ball more, especially to their backs, so obviously mccoy had more receptions.

too many fans want to be "excited" about a coach. there was nothing "exciting" about andy reid in 1999. i just want them to find the right guy. and there are more quality candidates than just jon gruden and bill cowher, who said he is not coaching next year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    the eagles actually threw the ball 618 times last year and ran it 413 times

the chiefs threw it 475 times with 500 rushing attempts.

so pjhawks, you can see how this would interest me...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    my point was it will be interesting to see how andy and peterson handle the rushing game in kc with charles, who just had an amazing year on the ground--which was even more impressive considering how bad their passing game was. the birds throw the ball more, especially to their backs, so obviously mccoy had more receptions.

too many fans want to be "excited" about a coach. there was nothing "exciting" about andy reid in 1999. i just want them to find the right guy. and there are more quality candidates than just jon gruden and bill cowher, who said he is not coaching next year.

well Charles only averaged 1 more carry per game than McCoy so...again myth vs. reality. believing in an untruth doesn't make it reality.

so the chiefs ran the ball one more time her quarter than the eagles by your above stats. and you would think for a team that ran the ball so much maybe Charles should have gotten more touches.

as for the playoffs this week love green bay, new england and atlanta this week. like, but not loving baltimore over denver.
    pjhawks wrote:

well Charles only averaged 1 more carry per game than McCoy so...again myth vs. reality. believing in an untruth doesn't make it reality.

so the chiefs ran the ball one more time her quarter than the eagles by your above stats. and you would think for a team that ran the ball so much maybe Charles should have gotten more touches.

myth verses reality? what are you talking about? here is your reality:

:lol: better luck next time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

as for the playoffs this week love green bay, new england and atlanta this week. like, but not loving baltimore over denver.

Don't try and change the discussion from Charles vs. McCoy to the Chiefs vs. Eagles. the original statement you questioned me on was McCoy got more touches per game which is a fact. Even rushes Charles only got 1 more per game than McCoy. those are facts, not myths.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Don't try and change the discussion from Charles vs. McCoy to the Chiefs vs. Eagles. the original statement you questioned me on was McCoy got more touches per game which is a fact. Even rushes Charles only got 1 more per game than McCoy. those are facts, not myths.

actually you were the who replied to my original statement which didn't mention total touches and did talk about both offenses as a whole:
    "since he's been with the eagles for so long, it will be interesting to see how pass happy the chiefs are, especially with jamal charles in the backfield."

so i'm talking about the rushing game "especially" with charles in the backfield--not exclusively :lol: . a team who utilized it's featured back in the rushing game more than the eagles did. a team that also utilized peyton hillis 7 times a game and shawn draughn about 4 times per game....all with a much worse point differential.

birds thew it over 60% consistently. chiefs ran it over 50%. totally different dynamic.

henceforth:

it.will.be.interesting.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    gus bradley gets his interview today :clap:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    What is with this team and wanting college coaches :? I'd gladly take Gus over either Kelly anyday.
    Go Birds!!!!
    What is with this team and wanting college coaches :? I'd gladly take Gus over either Kelly anyday.

thankfully kelly said no.

arians on tuesday, though i read he prefers san diego (drink it in). i don't even know why they are talking to jon gruden's brother. zimmer is the guy from the bengals i would be interviewing, not jay.

a lot of people like mccoy but i'm reading the interview did not go well? broncos are out so they can meet with him again if they are interested.

if the squawks win today, or if things don't go well in the next few days, i don't see how jon gruden doesn't at least get an interview. this is sort of reminding me of ed wade and jim leyland back in the day...

monte kiffin on gus bradley:
    “I try not to exaggerate,” Kiffin, who once called Bradley a once-in-a-lifetime coach, told the Daily News in a telephone interview last week. “But this guy is good.

“I’ve told people I’ve talked to in the last week or so, if you interview him, there’s a good chance you’ll hire him. He’ll walk in [to the interview] and take over the room.”
    chinese-happy.jpg
    1st i've heard about this. I'd like this hiring alot. Like Gruden he's been in almost every teams ear the past few years.

CSN Philly reports the Eagles interviewed ex-Ravens head coach Brian Billick for their head-coaching vacancy last Monday.
    The timing of the report is interesting, as Billick is currently announcing Sunday's NFC Divisional round game on FOX. The Super Bowl XXXV winner has drawn just cursory interest around the league since being let go by the Ravens after the 2007 season. Although Billick's background is on offensive side of the ball, his Baltimore defenses often carried the weight of the offense on its back. CSN Philly's Reuben Frank is told Billick is "considered among the leading candidates" for the positio
    Go Birds!!!!
    1st i've heard about this. I'd like this hiring alot. Like Gruden he's been in almost every teams ear the past few years.

CSN Philly reports the Eagles interviewed ex-Ravens head coach Brian Billick for their head-coaching vacancy last Monday.
    The timing of the report is interesting, as Billick is currently announcing Sunday's NFC Divisional round game on FOX. The Super Bowl XXXV winner has drawn just cursory interest around the league since being let go by the Ravens after the 2007 season. Although Billick's background is on offensive side of the ball, his Baltimore defenses often carried the weight of the offense on its back. CSN Philly's Reuben Frank is told Billick is "considered among the leading candidates" for the positio

Brian Billick is a moron. Anyone listening to him commentating can hear that. He actually said on 3rd and 5th on the last drive for the Seahawks today was 4 down territory. You think Brian? Want no parts of him. Won a title because one of the greatest Ds of all time in a lousy NFL season. I don't see the allure of Billick.

Gus Bradley's D choked it up big time today. about 40 yards in 2 plays to a team that was scared out of their minds at that point. All indications are that Gus is a great guy to play for though. I'd rather Gus Bradley than Brian Billick.

domes for football are ridiculous. almost impossible to miss field goals indoors.

shocking that tony gonzalez had never won a playoff game before today. greatest tight end of all time?
    pjhawks wrote:

Brian Billick is a moron. Anyone listening to him commentating can hear that. He actually said on 3rd and 5th on the last drive for the Seahawks today was 4 down territory. You think Brian? Want no parts of him. Won a title because one of the greatest Ds of all time in a lousy NFL season. I don't see the allure of Billick.

Gus Bradley's D choked it up big time today. about 40 yards in 2 plays to a team that was scared out of their minds at that point. All indications are that Gus is a great guy to play for though. I'd rather Gus Bradley than Brian Billick.

domes for football are ridiculous. almost impossible to miss field goals indoors.

shocking that tony gonzalez had never won a playoff game before today. greatest tight end of all time?
    I'd take a proven guy over a def cord with no head coaching experience anyday. Billick isn't my fav choice but I don't hate him either.
    Go Birds!!!!
    good lord. i have seen dummies ripping billick in the philly.com and csn.com comment section for that in every article i've read today. talk about the dregs of society. morons.

every analyst makes mistakes. phil simms made multiple ones today. jon gruden makes them. billick is a good football mind who coordinated one of the best offenses the league has seen and then won a super bowl with a defense for the ages (the 2003 season wasn't that great either, but andy reid, as a 1 seed, couldn't get even get to the super bowl). i mentioned him months ago. surprised they already talked to him. they could do a lot worse than brian billick...but jon gruden would be better.

and i wouldn't say the seahawks defense choked today. they got down big early, like last week but bradley clearly made the right adjustments at halftime. they were missing their best defensive end (the guy our previous coach let get away :roll: ) and almost pulled an upset against a top seeded offensive juggernaut, on the road, by forcing two timely 2nd half turnovers. they limited the falcons to just 10 2nd half points.

i love that defense. they're "mean." they remind me of old school eagles defenses. philly would love him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    good lord. i have seen dummies ripping billick in the philly.com and csn.com comment section for that in every article i've read today. talk about the dregs of society. morons.

every analyst makes mistakes. phil simms made multiple ones today. jon gruden makes them. billick is a good football mind who coordinated one of the best offenses the league has seen and then won a super bowl with a defense for the ages (the 2003 season wasn't that great either, but andy reid, as a 1 seed, couldn't get even get to the super bowl). i mentioned him months ago. surprised they already talked to him. they could do a lot worse than brian billick...but jon gruden would be better.

and i wouldn't say the seahawks defense choked today. they got down big early, like last week but bradley clearly made the right adjustments at halftime. they were missing their best defensive end (the guy our previous coach let get away :roll: ) and almost pulled an upset against a top seeded offensive juggernaut, on the road, by forcing two timely 2nd half turnovers. they limited the falcons to just 10 2nd half points.

i love that defense. they're "mean." they remind me of old school eagles defenses. philly would love him.

i stand by my comments that Brian Billick is a moron. and his record isn't all that impressive. 2 great years with only 2 division titles in 9 years.

and if you don't call letting a beaten team go 41 yards in 2 plays and 18 seconds to kick a game winning field goal choking than I don't know what to tell you. the falcons were done. matty ice had the look of a scared child on his face and you let him easily go down the field with 41 seconds left. not choking, really??? come on dude. I like that defense as well but that's an all-time playoff choke there. it just is.
    pjhawks wrote:

i stand by my comments that Brian Billick is a moron. and his record isn't all that impressive. 2 great years with only 2 division titles in 9 years.

and if you don't call letting a beaten team go 41 yards in 2 plays and 18 seconds to kick a game winning field goal choking than I don't know what to tell you. the falcons were done. matty ice had the look of a scared child on his face and you let him easily go down the field with 41 seconds left. not choking, really??? come on dude. I like that defense as well but that's an all-time playoff choke there. it just is.

he's a moron? :lol: 2 great years? you sound like someone who is not familiar with the guy (sort of like all the dopey commentors on philly.com articles). he averaged slightly more wins since his super bowl WIN than reid did after his super bowl LOSS. again, he's not my top choice, i just find it funny that a guy who is such a staunch reid supporter is saying billick's record isn't all that great.

no i wouldn't lable that a choke job. if they were the favored 1 seed, at home, then yeah i would agree. but they were not supposed to win that game. the defense gave them a chance in the 2nd half. the favored eagles in arizona 4 years ago was a choke job. sometimes you have to tip your cap to the better team. matty ice's defining moment of his career, to this point. good for him. it's about time.

--plus for the eagles, it's good they lost. now they can hire gus if they want :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I want to take a break from all social media and tv until this search is over. I can't stand all these idiot fans and reporters that think they know what's going on behind closed doors. Coaches that get endorsements from other coaches or anyone else could have hidden agendas, same agent, friend, etc... and vice versa.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    he's a moron? :lol: 2 great years? you sound like someone who is not familiar with the guy (sort of like all the dopey commentors on philly.com articles). he averaged slightly more wins since his super bowl WIN than reid did after his super bowl LOSS. again, he's not my top choice, i just find it funny that a guy who is such a staunch reid supporter is saying billick's record isn't all that great.

no i wouldn't lable that a choke job. if they were the favored 1 seed, at home, then yeah i would agree. but they were not supposed to win that game. the defense gave them a chance in the 2nd half. the favored eagles in arizona 4 years ago was a choke job. sometimes you have to tip your cap to the better team. matty ice's defining moment of his career, to this point. good for him. it's about time.

--plus for the eagles, it's good they lost. now they can hire gus if they want :mrgreen:

Billick only won playoff games in 2 years, 5 total, 4 in super bowl year which was his 2nd year. 1 playoff win after super bowl year in 7 years. thats lousy

Reid won playoff games in 7 different years. that's a playoff WIN in half of his tenure. and reid made the playoffs 4 times after his super bowl appearance winning 3 games.

Billick only won 2 division titles in 9 years
    Reid won 7 division titles in 14 years

as for the seahawks, by your defintion an underdog can never choke i guess.
    edited January 2013
    pjhawks wrote:

Billick only won playoff games in 2 years, 5 total, 4 in super bowl year which was his 2nd year. 1 playoff win after super bowl year in 7 years. thats lousy

Reid won playoff games in 7 different years. that's a playoff WIN in half of his tenure. and reid made the playoffs 4 times after his super bowl appearance winning 3 games.

Billick only won 2 division titles in 9 years
    Reid won 7 division titles in 14 years

as for the seahawks, by your defintion an underdog can never choke i guess.

yeah i know all this. reid won 3 playoff games in the last 8 years since he lost the super bowl. billick won 1 in his last 7 years but had a higher regular season winning percentage. so similiar results since their super bowl year. of course, billick won his, which cannot be overlooked...and is absolutely the reason why the eagles have shown some interest.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I want to take a break from all social media and tv until this search is over. I can't stand all these idiot fans and reporters that think they know what's going on behind closed doors. Coaches that get endorsements from other coaches or anyone else could have hidden agendas, same agent, friend, etc... and vice versa.

hopefully the search comes to an end this week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    the ravens and eagles are an interesting comparison actually. both teams hit their apex in the early 2000's (reid lost super bowl in 2004/billick won super bowl in 2000). both teams then were up and down for 7 or 8 years after. both coaches averaged 8-9 wins in that time. not a lot of playoff success to speak of.

ravens fire billick after the horrible 07 season where mcnair went out with a season ending loss in week 5 or 6. they hire an up and coming assistant in harbaugh (largley unknown to casual fans) who's won 67% of his games and has the ravens in their 2nd straight championship game.

birds let go of reid at a similiar point. probably a couple years too late. the situations are not identical obviously. harbaugh inherited a much more talented defense and had to rebuild the offense. the birds new coach will have more talent on the offensive side.

probably grasping at straws here. but if we're looking for a blue print for turning the birds around, might as well look a couple hours south on 95...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    the ravens and eagles are an interesting comparison actually. both teams hit their apex in the early 2000's (reid lost super bowl in 2004/billick won super bowl in 2000). both teams then were up and down for 7 or 8 years after. both coaches averaged 8-9 wins in that time. not a lot of playoff success to speak of.

ravens fire billick after the horrible 07 season where mcnair went out with a season ending loss in week 5 or 6. they hire an up and coming assistant in harbaugh (largley unknown to casual fans) who's won 67% of his games and has the ravens in their 2nd straight championship game.

birds let go of reid at a similiar point. probably a couple years too late. the situations are not identical obviously. harbaugh inherited a much more talented defense and had to rebuild the offense. the birds new coach will have more talent on the offensive side.

probably grasping at straws here. but if we're looking for a blue print for turning the birds around, might as well look a couple hours south on 95...

I agree for the most part. I just wish that Lurie was smart enough to not let a good coach get away because of his love for Howie. Sadly from what we've seen and heard this is what's going on. Gruden got the most out of Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon. I think it's safe to say that Foles has enough talent to at least grow under Gruden. I'm just sick of this process. I don't get how after firing Reid your top choices were college guys who everyone said probably would stay in college.
    Go Birds!!!!

I agree for the most part. I just wish that Lurie was smart enough to not let a good coach get away because of his love for Howie. Sadly from what we've seen and heard this is what's going on. Gruden got the most out of Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon. I think it's safe to say that Foles has enough talent to at least grow under Gruden. I'm just sick of this process. I don't get how after firing Reid your top choices were college guys who everyone said probably would stay in college.

they interviewed wisenhunt today.

maybe they hire gus for hc and bring in lovie and wisenhunt as the coordinators if they don't land jobs. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg