Options

Really Confused (about Los Angeles night 1)

chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
first off, I had AMAZING seats, 10c could be my new religion.

anyway, I was lucky enough to witness the san diego show on friday and quite blown away -- it could have been the best show i have ever seen in my life. so, i anticipated a quite different show up in l.a. well, as we all saw, the setlists were almost identical and ed, with a few exceptions, said the same things before certain songs. i am really confused as to why they played such similar sets in a row...they are naaaa-torious for switching up sets for every show. it got to the point where i was calling every song and getting it right because of my memory of the sd show. i am not complaining because it is my favorite band in the world, and even though the song order was almost the same as sd, it was still an amazing show...i just had already seen it in my hometown.

thoughts???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    Ed, Mike, and Matt enjoyed visiting SD and didnt give much thought into changing the setlist because it went so well Friday...I dont have a clue...lol.

I am sure tonight will be different.
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    treved22treved22 Posts: 23
    first off, I had AMAZING seats, 10c could be my new religion.

anyway, I was lucky enough to witness the san diego show on friday and quite blown away -- it could have been the best show i have ever seen in my life. so, i anticipated a quite different show up in l.a. well, as we all saw, the setlists were almost identical and ed, with a few exceptions, said the same things before certain songs. i am really confused as to why they played such similar sets in a row...they are naaaa-torious for switching up sets for every show. it got to the point where i was calling every song and getting it right because of my memory of the sd show. i am not complaining because it is my favorite band in the world, and even though the song order was almost the same as sd, it was still an amazing show...i just had already seen it in my hometown.

thoughts???

there's another thread on this, but to sum up: so what?
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    But they still changed 10 songs.
    Find another band that will change that much the entire tour, let alone the next night.
    You have to remember, the other 19,000 fans werent in SD.
    Tonight will definatly be a big change up.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I put this in the other thread, but I hold to it. To 97% of the people in that building, there were no repeats. Most people there weren't at any previous shows and still want to hear some of the 'repeats'
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I think they are worried about their fans' finances and they are beginning to discourage travelling by playing similar shows from day to day :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    how was the show?
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    It didn't happen back-to-back, but there were a few main sets in 2000 that were almost identical ... It happens here and there. Nothing to worry about, really. I mean, until it happens 5 straight shows or something, and I don't think this band is capable of being that repetitive.

I like the setlist, my only beef being the inclusion of a bad cover song where In My Tree should have been ... :)
    Fingers crossed for tonight.
  • Options
    Being that SD by all accounts was an amazing show, repeating a good chunk of the songs was fine by Me, because last night at the Forum was incredible.
    Sick Show!
    Tonight, I'm sure will be switched up quite a bit...