Options

ISO: STP Vinyl

alive90alive90 Posts: 82
edited January 2013 in Lost Dogs
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any of the first three Stone Temple Pilots Lps' for sale(Core,Purple,Tiny Music) If so, how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks,
alive90
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    wait for the reissues, IMO
  • Options
    That would be awesome! I had no idea these were being reissued soon, (hopefully this year). I hope they redo the colored vinyl for Purple.
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    alive90 wrote:
    That would be awesome! I had no idea these were being reissued soon, (hopefully this year). I hope they redo the colored vinyl for Purple.
    They aren't. STP should have taken advantage of their 20th anniversary and started the reissue series with Core but they didn't, and this year they aren't doing anything.
  • Options
    That's what I was holding out for last year! Sucks that it won't happen. If anyone has these for sale, how much shouls I pay, probably not as much as PJ vinyl right?
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I bought an original German "Core" for $50 and a Purple vinyl "Purple for $30 at a local record store.
    I here that "Auction" site wants $200-$250 for "Core" and $75-$100 for"Purple".
    Crazy! I hope they reissue like they did with the August and Everything After.

Good Deals
    and Cool Beans..... :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Yeah I've always wanted to get some STP vinyl but it's too expensive on ebay, i need to save that money for PJ records! Maybe someday i'll find a good deal at my local record store. I've gotten lucky with Pearl Jam before with some great poster deals (2005 Gorge for $25) but haven't had luck with anything from STP.
  • Options
    JM12271JM12271 Posts: 209
    PM Sent
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183
    I bought purple on vinyl (which was a purple vinyl) for about 30ish from ebay a year ago. Core seemed really expensive... and I never saw copies of tiny music or no. 4 on the ebay (assuming they ever got vinyl releases).
  • Options
    My local record store has an original US pressing of Core for approx 70$...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Zod wrote:
    I bought purple on vinyl (which was a purple vinyl) for about 30ish from ebay a year ago. Core seemed really expensive... and I never saw copies of tiny music or no. 4 on the ebay (assuming they ever got vinyl releases).

discogs.com is a great place to look to see what's out there...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Stone+Temple+Pilots

No. 4 and Shangri-la don't seem to have vinyl releases.
  • Options
    Be careful of bootleg versions of "Purple" that are being sold.

"Tiny Music" seems to be the hardest to come by of their first 3 and if you can find one on an auction site, they tend to be ridiculously expensive.

The one I REALLY want is the album they did when Weiland had left the band in '97 to pursue his solo interests - "TALKSHOW" They had the singer from "10 Inch Men" (Dave Coutts) in the band and Dean DeLeo was pulling all of his best Led Zep/Jimmy Page chops out of his hat for this album and I thought the songs were great. Really had a different feel from other STP material though I'm not %100 convinced that was just because of the different singer. Whatever the case, I found the songs refreshing and very listenable. Unfortunately, it was never put to vinyl and never will be most likely. In fact, I've never seen a cd with a cover - only a promo version with a back "cover" (tracklist, band line-up etc..) and print on the disc with the typical promo "not for sale" crap on it.
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    Be careful of bootleg versions of "Purple" that are being sold.

"Tiny Music" seems to be the hardest to come by of their first 3 and if you can find one on an auction site, they tend to be ridiculously expensive.

The one I REALLY want is the album they did when Weiland had left the band in '97 to pursue his solo interests - "TALKSHOW" They had the singer from "10 Inch Men" (Dave Coutts) in the band and Dean DeLeo was pulling all of his best Led Zep/Jimmy Page chops out of his hat for this album and I thought the songs were great. Really had a different feel from other STP material though I'm not %100 convinced that was just because of the different singer. Whatever the case, I found the songs refreshing and very listenable. Unfortunately, it was never put to vinyl and never will be most likely. In fact, I've never seen a cd with a cover - only a promo version with a back "cover" (tracklist, band line-up etc..) and print on the disc with the typical promo "not for sale" crap on it.
    I love Talk Show. One of my favorite albums of all time really. I really hope one day it will be put on vinyl but knowing STP I highly doubt it. I bought a sealed cd copy of it at Bill's Records in Dallas about a year ago and he had a couple more copies there and my friend bought a sealed copy at a local Movie Trading Co. so I bet you'll eventually find it.