Options

My freinds 1st show ever thoughts--sound issues

goodrocgoodroc Posts: 118
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
this came from a freind huge music fan: for what its worth

Great experience, but the sound where we were was just not up to par. My Morning Jacket had a better mix and were louder. Just don't get that one. And I was in the same upper level for Foo Fighers and there were no problems volume-wise for them. Vedder's mike was shamefully low until Encore 1.

But aside from that, they really know how to bring it - Vedder is truly one of the best front-men in rock. That spill he took was nasty. His lines before Leash were hilarious.

For me, Jeremy, Dissident, Immortality (love that tune), Rearviewmirror and Leash were the best played tunes. What is "Footsteps" from? That was a fantastic tune as well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    goodrocgoodroc Posts: 118
    bump bump
  • Options
    sparky1231sparky1231 Posts: 19
    every hear of the mamasan trilogy? alive, footsteps, once

you can find it on the jeremy single

you must start listening and discovering older stuff for your own sake
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    alive, once, footsteps.

correct order.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    sparky1231sparky1231 Posts: 19
    alive, once, footsteps.

correct order.

this is true
  • Options
    I thought that Matt Cameron's drumming was to loud and drowning out Jeff's bass most of the night except on the slower songs like Indifference.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    HOLY SHIT, I Forgot about immortality!!!! fuck. Last night's show was a Motherfucker!

NJ1, I dub thee, "MOTHERFUCKER".
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    A bit garbled ..
    goodroc wrote:

Great experience, but the sound where we were was just not up to par. My Morning Jacket had a better mix and were louder. Just don't get that one. And I was in the same upper level for Foo Fighers and there were no problems volume-wise for them. Vedder's mike was shamefully low until Encore 1.

But aside from that, they really know how to bring it - Vedder is truly one of the best front-men in rock. That spill he took was nasty. His lines before Leash were hilarious.

For me, Jeremy, Dissident, Immortality (love that tune), Rearviewmirror and Leash were the best played tunes. What is "Footsteps" from? That was a fantastic tune as well.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    goodroc wrote:
    What is "Footsteps" from? That was a fantastic tune as well.

WHAT.THE.FUCK.
  • Options
    OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    Sound depends a LOT on where you sit. I was fifth row floor center and everything sounded GREAT all night. A lot of times it depends less on the system and the mix and more on where you are...
  • Options
    I was in the upper bleachers on Stone's side and it sounded like SHIT. As the original poster said, the opening band were twice as loud and their guitars sounded great. How come it was the opposite for Pearl Jam? It's just a mid-sized arena. I went to see the Stones at the stadium next door and their setup was 20X louder than Pearl Jam's. I couldn't hear Stone at all. Was he even in the PA system? If he started off a song there was guitar way, way off in the distance until the others joined in. Eddie would talk to the audience and it sounded like a distant echo. The acoustic songs sounded way better than the rock songs.

I wasn't too thrilled with the setlist either. They did all the lamest songs off the new album and none of the ones I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear "Go" or "State Of Love And Trust" or even "Black" at least, but no. I was stoked when they launched into "Alone" but then they totally fucked it up and stopped. Major buzzkill. There were quite a few bright spots though. I might change my mind when I hear the boot.
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    JWBusher wrote:
    I was in the upper bleachers on Stone's side and it sounded like SHIT. As the original poster said, the opening band were twice as loud and their guitars sounded great. How come it was the opposite for Pearl Jam? It's just a mid-sized arena. I went to see the Stones at the stadium next door and their setup was 20X louder than Pearl Jam's. I couldn't hear Stone at all. Was he even in the PA system? If he started off a song there was guitar way, way off in the distance until the others joined in. Eddie would talk to the audience and it sounded like a distant echo. The acoustic songs sounded way better than the rock songs.

I wasn't too thrilled with the setlist either. They did all the lamest songs off the new album and none of the ones I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear "Go" or "State Of Love And Trust" or even "Black" at least, but no. I was stoked when they launched into "Alone" but then they totally fucked it up and stopped. Major buzzkill. There were quite a few bright spots though. I might change my mind when I hear the boot.

The far fewer people in the audience during the opening band has a *major* impact on acoustics.

Where you sit is everything in a packed areana. When I was returning to my dead center seat after the DC encore, I could not believe how *terrible* Ed's voice sounded. He so off pitch I was appalled. But by the time I made it back to my seat he was spot on perfect.

I suggest you get your friend the FLAC bootleg of the show. That will give him a better idea of how they really sound.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    JWBusher wrote:
    I wanted to hear "Go" or "State Of Love And Trust" or even "Black" at least, but no. .

why didn't you make a sign listing the top 20 songs or so you wanted to hear, and then hold it up?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    wow

at astoria vedder had mike problems, on some songs we could barely hear him but it might be that we were all singing really loud!
  • Options
    DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    goodroc wrote:

quit bitching....at least you got to see them, huh? some people don't even get to do that.